List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, showing some serious faith in the youngster if that's right.
But math isn't there thing? :p

3 year deal would take him until 2018, wouldn't it? :confused: A lot of faith shown if true.

I had a read of Lukes tweet differently and thought it was 4 year extension on current contract but i guess that makes sense on Acres. 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018..

3 year deal would take him until 2018, wouldn't it? :confused: A lot of faith shown if true.

I had a read of Lukes tweet differently and thought it was 4 year extension on current contract but i guess that makes sense on Acres. 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018..
Jeez you're good, I misread a quote from Webster thinking it was Acres which I deleted within 10 seconds of posting!!

So that would make Acres our longest contracted player. Tell me we don't have a star on our hands?
For the moment it would.. Steven and Billings are probably others who could be signed up that long before these player re-signings things end. Would've thought Luke Dunstan would receive that type of deal before Blake Acres though. But i guess if that is true they rate Blake pretty highly!

Are there any doubters still remaining that think that "SaintsFutureFest" is a terrible idea? This has clearly been shown to be a hugely popular PR campaign by the club, releasing one player re-signing a day? It generates real excitement on here, but more to the point, this is giving the Saints web site and the media a Saints feel good story every day.

Fantastic isn't it?

Correct 3 year extension would take him to end of 2018, 4 year extension would be 2019.... Which either way would be incredibly crazy given his history of injuries & at end of the day he's completely unproven cos he's hardly been out on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think Acres being from WA has made the club more wary of him to try and be poached? And the reason behind his huge contract if so?
Probably but I'd say they've seen enough at training/Sandy/AFL to have him here til 2018 as well.

Probably but I'd say they've seen enough at training/Sandy/AFL to have him here til 2018 as well.
Oh yeah make no mistake I think that as well, just thought they might be a bit cautious because of that as well.

Video of Acres on the Saints site for today's signing, has signed until 2018.

That's a 3 year extension not 4 years like club is saying! Obviously they failed maths!!

Could be just the fact they don't want them all running out of contract at the same time..
I don't want to have to do this future fest every three years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back