List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, there's two factors in the contracts, time and money. I suspect Luke figures it'll work out better money-wise this way, which is fine.

Maybe the club is just so stoked with Acres desire to be at the club long term, they signed him up accordingly to secure his future because thats what he & the club wanted to do. And the club obviously rates him very highly to give him such a deal & he's happy to commit to it.

I think its ******* great that a still 18 yr old (turns 19 next month) wants to commit to his club for the next 4 years! I'm stoked!

Who knows, Dunstan may have been offered 3 years as well. It might be as simple as Dunstan is more proven, so his manager advises him to take 2 years and prove himself up for a bigger contract, whereas Blacres is less proven so takes a contract with lower $ per year but a longer term. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Yeah I imagine come 2017 Dunstan will be among the better inside mids in the comp, we will have to shell out a bit more coin when we resign him.

Happy to back Acres in for 4 years on what I assume is not a heap of money. Obviously shows he is very highly rated internally as well

I know but surely Number 4 has to go to a KPF.... Or Petracca of course....

Petracca in the mould of the Doc Baldock - not too tall but can be a power forward or brute midfielder - me likes!

Also, I've noticed a lot of people on here who are concerned about Blake Acres' new contract, & him being relatively injury prone, seem to be the same people who want to recruit Jono O'Rourke.... If this is you, please go & slap yourself upside of the head please :thumbsu:

Yeah I imagine come 2017 Dunstan will be among the better inside mids in the comp, we will have to shell out a bit more coin when we resign him.

Happy to back Acres in for 4 years on what I assume is not a heap of money. Obviously shows he is very highly rated internally as well
we'll have plenty to shell out Tas!!

Really? I think Blake would look great in the number 2..... ;)
Number 4 is vacant now... :)
I think he's suggesting that one Mr Arryn Siposs is about to find himself on the trade table.
for_sale_sign%5B1%5D.jpg

You would also think he will be pushing for a spot in the leadership group by then aswell. Might get him a bit of extra coin if Saints value his leadership abilities.

I think he's suggesting that one Mr Arryn Siposs is about to find himself on the trade table.
for_sale_sign%5B1%5D.jpg

grumpy-cat-hates-easter-good-dogs-1366980895.jpg

Also, if the club have offered Blacres an extension that keeps him with us for the next 4 years and we have Allan Richardson as our senior coach, who is known as an excellent developer of young players (see: R. Gray, H. Hartlett etc etc. ) then as much as we should look at both sides, the potential negatives and the potential positives, I would bet that this is a good thing for us.

And furthermore, please turn into the next Nat Fyfe pls Blake :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that he re signed but I'm not a fan of giving him an extra 3 years to make it 4 years total. He hasent been able to string an injury free year in the last couple of years (not sure about before that) and am bullish on him getting the longest extension.

In saying that it'll probs take him 3-4 years to become a consistent performer and starter for us so I undertaken giving him time to devolp.

Let's hope he stays away from any injuries also crazy to think he's only 3 months older an Petracca

Yeah, really good prospect.

Of all our current listed players.. I believe he has the most scope.

Anywhere from his current ability..... To Goddard/Pendles/Fyfe level.
Yeah, I've been wondering if there's a bit of Beeg in Blacres' style - that clean outside midfielder who can drift forward.

On performance alone, it's a move that will have us scratching our heads.

However, strategically it would make sense...

Firstly as stated, it means that they don't allcome out of contract on the same year.

Secondly, puts the go-home factor to rest and gives him years to grow close to his mates, thus nullifying any home sickness.

Finally, if he becomes a gun and wants to leave, we will get a top return for him...

Good insurance IMO.

Just asked him on twitter about number 8 and he favorited it so seems true.

Good on him if true last two owners haven't be great though! hopefully Acres makes it his own. :)

Luke Dunstan Pick 18 and Blake Acres Pick 19 in the draft last year now looking like locker buddies in numbers 7 & 8!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back