List Mgmt. Player Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Us Against The Rest'? I'd like to see that in action again, just like the old days.

However I don't believe our senior coach is that sort of coach.
I don't believe our chairman is that sort of chairman.
Ergo it won't happen.

We had better find a different motivation factor for victory on field.
Or else the cries of being too nice will echo twice as loud as last year.

I'm not so sure, LR. I think this year you might see a bit of nastiness in Port Adelaide. As I said on the main board, the last time the AFL ruled against Port Adelaide for something the players used it as motivation to obliterate Richmond. If we can start with St.Kilda and use our fixture to build up some momentum through the season with some huge victory margins, the mental resilience and strength of the players will be enough to carry them through the more tougher games.

I think this decision will be used as some extra motivation. They will say the other clubs are scared of what we might become. And they must be - why else deny us a ruck that might not even play a game? But we won't be doing our talking in the media, but rather on the football field. Brisbane, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide - the list of sides that took advantage of us last year is long.

But so are the memories of the players.

"Bad steak" would have to be on par with "the dog ate my homework".

Sounds legit...

9121182_f520.jpg

weren't Collingwood pair Keeffe & Thomas used and failed tests of the drug clenbuterol and ex Fremantle Crowley (Methadone) after the AFL signed off on WADA 2015 conditions and penalties thus the clubs weren't able to seek top up players?

Essendon's 2012 indiscretions were before the AFL signed off on WADA '15 code and penalties , the players never failed tests at the time, so aren't the conditions kind of apples and oranges with the time frames and conditions ?, whether the Essendon 34 are guilty as sin or not, penalties and rules shouldn't be altered after the fact, would be like penalising a drunk driver in 1970 with today's harsher penalties, so having competing clubs having input on our top ups etc is wrong and our circumstances is not comparable to Collingwood or Fremantles
Nope Crowley's A sample was before he played in that 2014 Semi Final against us. I cant remember if the B sample was before or after the semi. Ok before

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-11/ryan-crowley-banned-for-12-months-for-breaching-drug-code
RYAN CROWLEY'S future is in the air after the AFL handed the tagger a 12-month suspension for breaching the anti-doping code.The sanction is backdated to September 25 last year – the day he accepted a voluntary suspension - meaning he could play in the last two weeks of finals. However, with Crowley only able to resume training with the club two months before the suspension ends, that outcome seems unlikely.
According to a timeline released by the AFL, that sample wasn't tested until August 11. Crowley was notified of a positive 'A' sample result for a 'specified' substance on August 18. His 'B' sample was tested on September 11 and he received a show-cause notice on September 18 - five days after Fremantle's last game of the 2014 season.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-11/ryan-crowley-banned-for-12-months-for-breaching-drug-code

"Bad steak" would have to be on par with "the dog ate my homework".

Or perhaps this little ripper..........'' My cat was vomiting officer''

'Us Against The Rest'? I'd like to see that in action again, just like the old days.

Ergo it won't happen.

Yeah a few key people have to find their inner Nasty Boy for us to have a true Us Against The Rest type season.

People forget the reason why Fos was able to bring that ferociousness to the club was because he survived WW II when it was a real Us Against Them situation and then lived in the Cold War era when nuclear obliteration was a real possibility.

Whose this Montrose fella you speak of?

We haven't lost Ryder and "Montrose" to injury.
There's a pretty clear difference between losing a player to injury and losing them due to another club being caught out and punished for their doping program.
From my understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, they aren't even allowed at the club on any level official or unofficial.
An injured player can still be around the playing group at training, at games, etc. Ryder and Monfries aren't allowed anywhere near the club as part of their ban.

Which I think is ******* ridiculous. The Port Adelaide Football Club aren't the ones who were doping up their players. I can understand if the ban was related to Essendon, but banning them from another club, is just illogical.

**** these international courts and bodies that our governments have handed over power and oversight to.

Ehh, imo Monfries is a bigger loss than Ryder.
Hah .. It's called autospell. Look it up someday.;)

Thanks for pointing out the difference between an injured and a suspended player!

Hah .. It's called autospell. Look it up someday.;)

No s**t, you don't say. I think I will look it up, this autospell contraption.

In the mean time, look up proof reading ;)

Thanks for pointing out the difference between an injured and a suspended player!

No problem my man, next time you need the obvious pointed out to you, send me a PM I'll be happy to oblige. :thumbsu:

Ergo it won't happen.

I have always seen it that way

'Us Against The Rest'?

At the moment it feels like us against each other around here.

Kick some ******* footballs please, this off season has gone long enough.

We have always been a club the leads from the front and look to new ideas, be the front runners. Other clubs should envy and aspire to be like Port Adelaide. We have to keep pushing forward and succeed at all costs. I remember the sacking of Russell Ebert, it was the right thing for the club as Jack brought back success straight away. That is Port Adelaide, making the hard calls for the further development and growth of our club. F... the AFL and their weak backbone.

Last edited:
Eddie conveniently forgets that Collingwood's two suspended players have been replaced this year.

Their players were provisionally suspended in March, just before Round 1, and it wasn't until sometime in May that these suspensions were confirmed following testing of the B Samples.

So they don't initially seek approval for replacement players, if that was even an option, as they believe that players are guilty of eating dodgy steaks, and by the time May comes around what other options do they have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie conveniently forgets that Collingwood's two suspended players have been replaced this year.

Their players were provisionally suspended in March, just before Round 1, and it wasn't until sometime in May that these suspensions were confirmed following testing of the B Samples.

So they don't initially seek approval for replacement players, if that was even an option, as they believe that players are guilty of eating dodgy steaks, and by the time May comes around what other options do they have?
they stupidly redrafted them as rookies so they are 2 short again this year.

Keeffe redrafted pick 8 (1st rd) and Thomas pick 42 (3rd rd) in rookie draft in December
https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2015#rookie-draft

Last edited:
At the moment it feels like us against each other around here.
Kick some ******* footballs please, this off season has gone long enough.
Not at all. This is a forum. Posters have differing opinions ... just like the old bull and the young bull and the herd of sexy cows.
You know the story. The young bull dancing about yelling "Let's screw em all! Let's screw em all!" The old bull with a patient smile on his face because he's the only one of the two bulls who knows how to screw em all.

Not at all. This is a forum. Posters have differing opinions ... just like the old bull and the young bull and the herd of sexy cows.
You know the story. The young bull dancing about yelling "Let's screw em all! Let's screw em all!" The old bull with a patient smile on his face because he's the only one of the two bulls who knows how to screw em all.

Somehow I picture you as the old bull LR ;)

That's not the story. It's the young bull 'let's run down there and screw a cow!' The old bull smiles and says 'No let's walk down there and screw them all'.

I ate at Collingwood's Bistro, but haven't been the same since.

West_Coast_Daddy_Re_Morph_by_BigTeenBodybuilder1.png

I wonder if he ties his shoes without looking, or has made the switch to velcro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back