List Mgmt. Player Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't rely on an easy draw...

I get the sentiment of where we are at...

But this team lost to some really bad teams last year...

This club as a whole has always been prone to that even at our best...

While I still think we can make top 8 and even the big dance with a bit of luck...i just don't take it as a foregone conclusion...

Serious question because I'm genuinely curious. Where did you pick up the odd habit of ellipses after every sentence? Have you always done it, did you develop a habit, or is it something psychological like OCD, and a sentence doesn't look complete to you without an ellipse?

I used to put a period at the end of every line when I was young, lel.

Serious question because I'm genuinely curious. Where did you pick up the odd habit of ellipses after every sentence? Have you always done it, did you develop a habit, or is it something psychological like OCD, and a sentence doesn't look complete to you without an ellipse?

Shaddup...

I wouldn't rely on an easy draw...

I get the sentiment of where we are at...

But this team lost to some really bad teams last year...

This club as a whole has always been prone to that even at our best...

While I still think we can make top 8 and even the big dance with a bit of luck...i just don't take it as a foregone conclusion...

I'm not relying on anything, I'm just doing the maths with the numbers we've got so far and the potential result looks pretty good to me. Sure there are no guarantees but there's reason to be optimistic.

We're certainty not having the worst preseason ever.

Friend of Dorothys...?

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Honestly...i think its habit now...

How it started....I would use it as a train of thought I guess....

Its just my thing now

I'm not relying on anything, I'm just doing the maths with the numbers we've got so far and the potential result looks pretty good to me. Sure there are no guarantees but there's reason to be optimistic.

We're certainty not having the worst preseason ever.
Worst preseason ever was a bit dramatic....but its not ideal...

I guess I am not a glass half empty or glass half full guy...but rather is there enough water in the glass to cure my thirst...kind of guy

Worst preseason ever was a bit dramatic....but its not ideal...

I guess I am not a glass half empty or glass half full guy...but rather is there enough water in the glass to cure my thirst...kind of guy

I'm a "Someone just fill that cup to the brink 'coz I'm thirsty" guy.

Nah it's been alright. Most of the players look in good shape, no major injuries barring Dixon and that's short term anyway. We did very well in the draft too especially considering the picks we had to play with.

We're doing ok and we should have a great season with our draw.
Yeah the only bad thing is that the pre season has been so damn long. The Mickey Mouse Cup normally doesn't mean much, but I just can't wait for the footy to start - it's a bit like being stuck on an island, and then being presented with a nice, juicy steak when you finally get home.

So Collingwood were the loudest voice, no surprise.
As some have said here, Eddie has way to much influence over AFL decisions.

Top-up debate has exposed AFL to series of
concerns on its now-outdated player rules

COLLINGWOOD was the most vocal AFL club in denying Port Adelaide — and St Kilda, Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs — top-up players to ease the pain of being innocent victims of the Essendon supplements saga.

And the Magpies’ submission to AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon certainly highlighted a concern that is not lost on AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan. The AFL’s player rules are no longer relevant amid today’s genuine threat of performance-enhancing drugs.

Collingwood noted — with merit — that the Magpies did not get “top-up” players last year to replace Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas after they were forced to the sidelines for that “bad steak” they ate in New Zealand.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/5499302b50ace6f1ca02a93dc0d0a510

So Collingwood were the loudest voice, no surprise.
As some have said here, Eddie has way to much influence over AFL decisions.

Top-up debate has exposed AFL to series of
concerns on its now-outdated player rules

COLLINGWOOD was the most vocal AFL club in denying Port Adelaide — and St Kilda, Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs — top-up players to ease the pain of being innocent victims of the Essendon supplements saga.

And the Magpies’ submission to AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon certainly highlighted a concern that is not lost on AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan. The AFL’s player rules are no longer relevant amid today’s genuine threat of performance-enhancing drugs.

Collingwood noted — with merit — that the Magpies did not get “top-up” players last year to replace Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas after they were forced to the sidelines for that “bad steak” they ate in New Zealand.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/5499302b50ace6f1ca02a93dc0d0a510

I had a read of this article a few hours ago, as my rage and rants at home about the state of AFL footy have gone the last month this was the last straw as expected as it was for Collingwood to pipe up like this.

For my blood pressure and to put my family members at ease from my rants I've decided all I'm going to worry about is our club, and the game in general I can't stomach the politics and general incompetence of the AFL anymore so time to just worry about the on field and what happens at Alberton.

Yet, if you look on any other forum section on this site, Port are a bunch of whiners for asking for what is blatantly fair. * the VFL. Is everyone so threatened by us?

I had a read of this article a few hours ago, as my rage and rants at home about the state of AFL footy have gone the last month this was the last straw as expected as it was for Collingwood to pipe up like this.

For my blood pressure and to put my family members at ease from my rants I've decided all I'm going to worry about is our club, and the game in general I can't stomach the politics and general incompetence of the AFL anymore so time to just worry about the on field and what happens at Alberton.
Hopefully this time 7 weeks from now, we'll be sitting on top of the AFL ladder after thumping the Saints, and people outside the club will begin to realise what a genuine threat Port is - even without Ryder and Monfries!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't rage just yet, Eddie may have just done us a huge, unintentional, favour...

Fremantle did get salary cap relief — as Port Adelaide will for losing Patrick Ryder and Angus Monfries — but there was no right to recruit an extra player to give Dockers coach Ross Lyon a full squad at training and selection each week.

Collingwood players had themselves to blame

Our players playing future are at the whim of another club ...

Did collingwood ask?

Would they have asked if it happened this year?

Is the past relevant in this scenario?

Honestly though it would have made more sense if essendon were able to use all their rookies and then top up the rest of their senior list and have 40 players and that would be th end of it

But they got extra so it's only fair of us to ask for replacements for players who would have been deemed worthy of having topups allowed for if they were still at essendon

Personally it's the perfect opportunity to build a siege mentally and get back to us against the rest.

Irony here is we don't even have to try to end up looking like the good guys

Personally it's the perfect opportunity to build a siege mentally and get back to us against the rest.

Irony here is we don't even have to try to end up looking like the good guys

'Us Against The Rest'? I'd like to see that in action again, just like the old days.

However I don't believe our senior coach is that sort of coach.
I don't believe our chairman is that sort of chairman.
Ergo it won't happen.

We had better find a different motivation factor for victory on field.
Or else the cries of being too nice will echo twice as loud as last year.

'Us Against The Rest'? I'd like to see that in action again, just like the old days.

However I don't believe our senior coach is that sort of coach.
I don't believe our chairman is that sort of chairman.
Ergo it won't happen.

We had better find a different motivation factor for victory on field.
Or else the cries of being too nice will echo twice as loud as last year.
I don't reckon we can go past missing last year's finals for motivation. These boys have put in a mountain of work in the off season: they're hell bent on erasing the disappointments of 2015 as soon as possible.

weren't Collingwood pair Keeffe & Thomas used and failed tests of the drug clenbuterol and ex Fremantle Crowley (Methadone) after the AFL signed off on WADA 2015 conditions and penalties thus the clubs weren't able to seek top up players?

Essendon's 2012 indiscretions were before the AFL signed off on WADA '15 code and penalties , the players never failed tests at the time, so aren't the conditions kind of apples and oranges with the time frames and conditions ?, whether the Essendon 34 are guilty as sin or not, penalties and rules shouldn't be altered after the fact, would be like penalising a drunk driver in 1970 with today's harsher penalties, so having competing clubs having input on our top ups etc is wrong and our circumstances is not comparable to Collingwood or Fremantles

Frampton has been managed carefully throughout the pre-season and has been experiencing a foot issue. The expectation is for him to get as much SANFL time as possible this season. Source, club employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back