Opinion Players Under Pressure In 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, pleading young. If you are going to dish it out then you best be prepared to take it

Okay, you've caught me. I was playing the sympathy card all along. :$
But I have not attacked anybody. I have kept an eye on what I have posted. Worst I have done is repeat things. Hurts me more than anybody else. :cry::thumbsu:

All's good. Hoping I can get the pass card from Aphrodite.
Firstly i replied to your original post. If you have backtracked since then and your message has changed , i am not about to apologise . If you are tired of having to explain yourself then perhaps you should be clearer with what you are saying.

Curnow
Garlett
Ellard
White
Bell
Casboult
Tuohy
Wood
Sheehan
Byrne
Thornton
Carrazzo
Jacobs
Jamieson

Are these examples of later picks that were forgotten about?

Somebody has learned some of life's lessons. I love it. :thumbsu:

Just had to correct the spelling of a few names so I could understand it a little better.
They were all (or at least most of them) rookie listed right? It depends on what they add to the team.

This isn't me. This is more the media. I know the media can be full of crap, so I should not follow it. TV and radio like to judge on numbers. After about 8 years of great performances by players starting off as rookies, they then start praising them.

I did say earlier on the number of the pick is overrated. Their performance in the preseason is what is judged.
The club thought Clem Smith (pick 60) was more prepared for his first game than Blaine Boekhorst (pick 12).

Rookie listed players can be quite good too. That is why half of them you have listed are still at the club. The coaches see potential in them.

OK Navy. Here's what you should've said:

Foster: he's a late pick and late selections in the draft don't get the hype or opportunities of 1st and 2nd round selections. He's going to need to work hard to prove himself if he's to earn senior opportunities.

• Can we stop saying the name Foster in this thread, it doesn't belong here.

Rookie listed players can be quite good too. That is why half of them you have listed are still at the club. The coaches see potential in them.

The club has annually loaded up on rookie players in the hope that they can pluck a diamond out of the rough. Whilst the coaches may see potential, the problem is we don't need "potential" right now, we need bone-fide skills & tenacity.

There are genuine reasons why players end up being relegated to the Rookie Draft, all of the really good players get taken in the National Draft.

With 8 players currently rookie-listed, maybe it's time we adjusted our drafting strategy to reduce the reliance on rookie draft players ??

OK Navy. Here's what you should've said:

Foster: he's a late pick and late selections in the draft don't get the hype or opportunities of 1st and 2nd round selections. He's going to need to work hard to prove himself if he's to earn senior opportunities.

Might need to take it. But fear not. Foster might not be on the list for long. Giles might be off towards the end of the season too. And probably Ellard.

• Can we stop saying the name Foster in this thread, it doesn't belong here.
Ok, but I did have a couple of quiet (banned) whilst camping down near the Prom at (banned).

The club has annually loaded up on rookie players in the hope that they can pluck a diamond out of the rough. Whilst the coaches may see potential, the problem is we don't need "potential" right now, we need bone-fide skills & tenacity.

There are genuine reasons why players end up being relegated to the Rookie Draft, all of the really good players get taken in the National Draft.

With 8 players currently rookie-listed, maybe it's time we adjusted our drafting strategy to reduce the reliance on rookie draft players ??

I think the reliance on rookie listed players is good. But you do have a fair point. :thumbsu:
All the hype is on the national draft and pick 1. They don't always come out the best.
A lot of stars started out as rookies and that can often be a good story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please stop. Maybe I wasn't clear before. Stop posting about Foster.

He whose name shall not be mentioned.

But ain't it a good thing I am considering taking F***** of the list of players under pressure? o_O

Oh, that did not come out right did it?

I think the reliance on rookie listed players is good. But you do have a fair point. :thumbsu:
All the hype is on the national draft and pick 1. They don't always come out the best.
A lot of stars started out as rookies and that can often be a good story.

There are always success stories somewhere, but we are not currently in the comfortable position of being able to carry a lot of rookies and rely on them to become regular senior players as well.

Okay. I was impatient. Taken Ellard and 'The Name' off my list. Expect to read some happiness and excitement in posts.

Or are we all saving it for the next Carlton win?

Changed the avatar too. Finding the blue depressing. Let's start fresh.

images

Board has been terrible today, cranky and angsty.
Back to my Jack Irish book. At least that makes me laugh
Atmos might sum up the general supporter demeanor, Neese........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back