Toast Sam Walsh Wins 2023 Gary Ayres Medal - Best. Finals. Player. 🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning this award when the grand finallists get 1.5x points is an elite effort.

Considering this guy had no pre-season and injuries during the season to stand up against the best of the best in the pointy end can not be understated.

Testiment to his professionalism and mental strength. That drive is incredible.

Don’t forget the extra multiplier votes Connor Rozee would have got from Kane Cornes and Luke Darcy.

:p

Not yet... he's vice... needs a good 2024 injury free and to not have that pressure. Cripps has grown into the role and should hold the captaincy for another 2 years.
I think weiters should be next, then sam. i agree cripps for another few years at least. It clearly isnt hindering his performance. Selwood did ok as captain right up to his retirement

Give me Walshy over drop the knees daicos anyday
I'll have both anyday.😉 Yes, Neighcos is a weird and slippery dude with snake like moves, but he is brilliant.
Both are brilliant in their own way. ( and yeah..I do like that Sam doesn't drop the knees)
It's amazing and scary good how far Sam can go.
Huge congrats.

Last edited:
I'll have both anyday.😉 Yes, Neighcos is a weird and slippery dude with snake like moves, but he is brilliant.
Both are brilliant in their own way. ( and yeah..I do like that Sam doesn't drop the knees)
It's amazing and scary good how far Sam can go.
Huge congrats

Sam is tougher, you would want him next to you in a trench in 1914. :thumbsu:

I would not swap Sam for anybody . Young Daicos a gun but Sam is our man.

IMO Walsh has become weirdly underrated over the last couple years by the outside football world. We should have taken Rozee or Rankine with pick 1, Daicos, Green and Anderson are better anyway…blah blah blah!!!

Hopefully he can have an injury free campaign in 2024 and remind everyone (outside people close to the club like us supporters) how good he is. If he does I reckon he might win the Brownlow and we might win the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back