Fixture PM's XI vs Pakistan. 6-9 December @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you talking about?
You don't cherry pick a small stretch, you look at averages.

"Marsh get a call up"?
He's already in the side.

This isn't to replace Warner mid-series, its to replace him after he retires in Sydney.

FMD.
Like Bancroft's test average yeah?

"Marsh get a call up"?
As an opener, dickhead.

This isn't to replace Warner mid-series, its to replace him after he retires in Sydney.
If he doesn't make runs in the first or second tests, let's see about that

We're debating 3 very mediocre careers at the international level, but I'd take Harris' consistant 20-40s over Renshaw selfishly slow 50 ball 10s.

Renshaw at least can field and is an excellent slipper

Harris is Allan Mullay in the field

I reckon Pakistan are getting much more out of this match than Aus A PMs XI. No one going big yet and the one who may isn't scoring with any fluency.

Agree, most of their batters got a hit, they have been able to audition for third pacer/all rounder, had a look at Babar and Shakeel with the ball our pitches. Haven't overworked their key quicks on a dead track. Haven't fielded terribly.

By the standard of Pakistan tours out here they are off to a good start. Normally at least one of their prime players has gone home injured by now

Like Bancroft's test average yeah?

"Marsh get a call up"?
As an opener, dickhead.

If he doesn't make runs in the first or second tests, let's see about tha

Using you theory, no one who has a poor start to their career would get another chance.

Marsh as an opener, lol.

They've had reason to drop Warner before but haven't.
But yeah, can see them dropping him before his last home test in Sydney.

You've got no idea.

We're debating 3 very mediocre careers at the international level, but I'd take Harris' consistant 20-40s over Renshaw selfishly slow 50 ball 10s.
He’s an opener bro, I’d much rather 50 balls worth of shine off the new ball than whatever the * it is Harris provides. Consistent 20-40s? He avgs 25…

Selfishly slow opening? Settle down Baz

He’s an opener bro, I’d much rather 50 balls worth of shine off the new ball than whatever the * it is Harris provides. Consistent 20-40s? He avgs 25…

Selfishly slow opening? Settle down Baz

He’d have hated some great openers in the past lol. Might want to look what Alistair Cook had a SR at lol. Top 3 bats main job is to bat long and play the “daddy” innings so to speak. Makes it easier for your strikers to bat around them.

There you go, that's how you get selectors to notice you. Nice work by Renshaw in getting the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, most of their batters got a hit, they have been able to audition for third pacer/all rounder, had a look at Babar and Shakeel with the ball our pitches. Haven't overworked their key quicks on a dead track. Haven't fielded terribly.

By the standard of Pakistan tours out here they are off to a good start. Normally at least one of their prime players has gone home injured by now
One of their best bowlers had the idea to be injured before the squad was announced. There was also the Haris Rauf shenanigans. It hasn't been without it's problems this tour but the team seems a lot more up and about than previous touring sides.

busy today just checked the score

nice to see renshaw score a ton put his name back up there

green made a start how did he bat ??

Batted very well but a very lazy shot to get out. Looked outstanding at the crease

113*

If this were a full international people would lose their minds over these starts.

Nathan McSweeney is also Imam Ul Haq's second first class wicket.

Least it’s better than getting out to Mark Taylor

Watch the YouTube wicket if you don’t know what I’m saying

Waddya mean Bangers 50 at 41 was much more impressive than a selfish 100 @ 40

No comment mate.

Honestly said it before and I’ll say it again Bancroft is just a better Harris as he can field

Funny that the same people on social media criticising Renshaw's slow innings this innings are also the one's advocating for Bancroft. Have these people ever even watched Bancroft bat before or do they just read up on how many runs he scores? His career strike rate is considerably slower than Renshaw's. Proper stonewaller.

Also, Webster is generally a pretty reasonably quick scorer and even he is struggling to push on on this deck. Think it's pretty safe to say it's just a slow disaster of a deck. Hard to take wickets on, hard to score freely on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back