Political Cartoons Thread (International & National)

Remove this Banner Ad

12066065_10153629117185797_8223936331215590516_n_zpswbvzs7ex.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay, finally a left wing cartoon completley bereft of humour for me to critisise.

What's the joke? That he says '******ed'?

Now we can thank Cracker for bringing us back to the status quo of humorless right wing cartoons.

Now we can thank Cracker for bringing us back to the status quo of humorless right wing cartoons.

Second one had humour; its almost funny. You don't have to agree with a position to appreciate a joke. The first one, however, is just violently racist. Look how the dirt and/or flies jumps off the filthy Arab, lol. Lets * him up!

Never understood why the extreme right seems to think that the 'average Aussie' is just like them; I guess that's the same with all such groups everywhere though, you often have outspoken white supremacist groups claim that they just have the courage to speak what everyone else is thinking. You just don't get that kind of projection from the extreme left, who on the whole seem to better understand that they are the fringe.

But I digress

Second one had humour; its almost funny. You don't have to agree with a position to appreciate a joke. The first one, however, is just violently racist. Look how the dirt and/or flies jumps off the filthy Arab, lol. Lets **** him up!
Yeah the first one is just very very crude, isn't funny and completely without taste.

The 2nd one is somewhat humorous but generic it could be used for any religion or group by just changing the icon on top of the building, in fact that would probably have been a better commentary.

Yeah the first one is just very very crude, isn't funny and completely without taste.

The 2nd one is somewhat humorous but generic it could be used for any religion or group by just changing the icon on top of the building, in fact that would probably have been a better commentary.

Just to clarify, does this mean that any religion can convert people into Islamic State Militants, or that religions all have their own version of Islamic State?

Last edited:
Just to clarify, does this mean that any religions can convert people into Islamic State Militants, or that religions all have their own version of Islamic State?
All religions can (and have) produce their own dangerous fanatics.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't think the 2nd one is that funny. Is it trying to say middle aged and elderly white people are turning into terrorists due to mosques?

i.e. The traditional base, daft propaganda of the mussie-whipped.

I preferred this thread when it was professional, witty cartoonists.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't think the 2nd one is that funny. Is it trying to say middle aged and elderly white people are turning into terrorists due to mosques?

i.e. The traditional base, daft propaganda of the mussie-whipped.

I preferred this thread when it was professional, witty cartoonists.

It's humour through exaggeration which is legitimate. I don't think it's funny but I said its almost funny; that is there's actual elements of humour in it, even if its weak.

It's unfair for you to take the comic literally like that to find its meaning; if that was the standard none of the comics would be funny.

Anyway I hate that I'm defending it; but my point is that there are some legitimately unfunny comics being posted, so having a go at this one, mainly because you disagree with its message, is the wrong use of energy and comes aggross as partisan.

It's humour through exaggeration which is legitimate. I don't think it's funny but I said its almost funny; that is there's actual elements of humour in it, even if its weak.

It's unfair for you to take the comic literally like that to find its meaning; if that was the standard none of the comics would be funny.

Anyway I hate that I'm defending it; but my point is that there are some legitimately unfunny comics being posted, so having a go at this one, mainly because you disagree with its message, is the wrong use of energy and comes aggross as partisan.
Most cartoons are posted because of their support to the topic anyway don't they? Just as partisan.

You're right, in CJ's world 'Islam is inherently evil' and 'Islam is a growing religion and I am scared' is a 'reality' so it might make sense to him as an exaggeration.

But I'm not taking it literally, just trying to understand what it is saying beyond 'Islam = bad'. Normally a joke has a sense of surprise, that's what generates the laughter instinct. The only cleverness is the symbolic efficiency and it's the most base option. Go to a mosque; become terrorist. A kid could come up with that.

If it was a comic with a bunch of people bowing down, which allows a Da'esh fighter to shoot a bazooka from the back of the hall, it would have an extra layer of sophistication; suggesting that the obedience to Islam is stopping people from stopping the extremism that is far too widespread in the Middle East and which has infiltrated small pockets elsewhere. That's what I mean - cartoonists generally look for something extra to say. Mark Knight even has that little pig character thing to literally have something extra to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back