Live Event Political Draft - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

otherwise we're all going to end up with some of our later picks holding portfolios they aren't suited for.

Alternatively - it adds another element of strategy in terms of making people consider the depth in each position when deciding when to draft specific ministers, and forces people to hunt around for perhaps less well-recognised politicians who suit particular portfolios.

There's arguments for and against. Deciding who holds what position retrospectively definitely makes things easier though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he make your choice easier?

In a sense, yes.

When I saw the draft order I set my sights on Chifley, and "knew" I could pick up either Keating or Costello in the second round. I wasn't expecting a treasurer to be picked in the first round, nor that Howard would not be picked in the first round.

In the end the decision was between Chifley and Howard. Or, to put it another way, between having Chifley as both PM and Treasurer, or having Costello as Treasurer and either Chifley or Howard as Prime Minister. Couldn't split the two choices, so ducked the choice.

Agriculture/Primary Industry would be my pick for Page. No bigger advocate for farmers in Australia's history.

Still quite a few great picks on the board. A couple I would have thought would go in the first round. Will be some real steals later in the draft I think.

Agriculture/Primary Industry would be my pick for Page. No bigger advocate for farmers in Australia's history.

Sadly, we haven't had a rurally-minded Treasurer for some time, to the detriment of both rural and metro Australia. We need that sort of foresight and advocacy to help develop the regions and tap into its potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back