Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to think those who proclaim self serve machines are stupid and take away jobs from other people are the ones who are completely out of their depth when using them.

Also, a couple of notes people. Do not yank at the receipt while it's printing out of the machine. Yes, they do print slowly, but surely you can just be patient for a few more seconds and save us from trouble. Also, when the machine prompts you to 'push here for assistance', push the ******* button, don't just stare at the screen and assume I'll come over.

Starting to think those who proclaim self serve machines are stupid and take away jobs from other people are the ones who are completely out of their depth when using them.

Also, a couple of notes people. Do not yank at the receipt while it's printing out of the machine. Yes, they do print slowly, but surely you can just be patient for a few more seconds and save us from trouble. Also, when the machine prompts you to 'push here for assistance', push the ******* button, don't just stare at the screen and assume I'll come over.

I go there to shop, those that work there can put the items through the register, not my job to :D

So I guess you leave your food on tables at fast food restaurants too because you're a pig?

I don't eat fast food to begin with :D, but no if I am having lunch or a late dinner out in public (thanks to my work schedule) I do clean up after myself - any rubbish is thrown in the bin when I am finished.

I find that going through a regular register is faster than self serve because people are slow as buggery (both when people bring in trolley loads OR just a handful of items).

I don't eat fast food to begin with :D, but no if I am having lunch or a late dinner out in public (thanks to my work schedule) I do clean up after myself - any rubbish is thrown in the bin when I am finished.

I find that going through a regular register is faster than self serve because people are slow as buggery (both when people bring in trolley loads OR just a handful of items).
But wouldn't it be the employees job to clean up your mess?

But wouldn't it be the employees job to clean up your mess?

At a restaurant sure when you're done you hand them the plate and empty glasses.
Fast food joint it's pretty simple and more polite to clean up your own mess by throwing out packaging the food comes in, putting the tray in the clean up area etc.

At a restaurant sure when you're done you hand them the plate and empty glasses.
Fast food joint it's pretty simple and more polite to clean up your own mess by throwing out packaging the food comes in, putting the tray in the clean up area etc.
Yes but they are employed to clean the dining room as well, including the table.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I work at a bank and before you go on about teller queues, yes they give us as staff the shits as well.
I've kicked people out because they feel as though they can swear and intimidate the female tellers, don't bat an eyelid. I'm 6'3" so I generally don't cop any resistance. Customers can be annoying pains in the arse.
One stupid cow I had come in 2 weeks ago to complain about a $1 transaction fee for doing an Internet transfer from a savings account to her credit union. She'd well overused her amount of free transactions for the month and proceeded to carry on about how this $1 fee was "disgraceful" and she was going to prove this to me by showing the transaction to me on her mobile, FROM 3 ******* MONTHS AGO.
After around 5 minutes of me trying to get a word in and this cow attempting to navigate her way around a shitty old iPhone 3, I pulled a $1 coin from my pocket and put it on the counter in front of her and said here ya go, it's probably just cost me $15 talking to you about it.
I've had death threats from druggo's, been eyeballed by big Sudanese gang members but by far the worst pains in the arse are those that used to work for a bank. "I used to work for the bank, don't try and tell me what the procedures are".

After around 5 minutes of me trying to get a word in and this cow attempting to navigate her way around a shitty old iPhone 3, I pulled a $1 coin from my pocket and put it on the counter in front of her and said here ya go, it's probably just cost me $15 talking to you about it.

Good to see you've gone meta and posted about your own poor service that you've delivered instead of poor service that you've experienced.

A guy was using self serve tonight trying to weigh some fruit on the scales, but he seemed to be taking a while. I went up to him to see if he was okay.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what this is. Could you put it in for me?"

Now, I didn't quite know exactly what it was as peaches and nectarines can be hard to distinguish from one another unless you feel it. So I put my hand on one, discovered it was a peach, and put it in.

"Uh, you didn't have to touch it, did ya?"

Two points. One, what made you pick the fruit up if you don't even know what it is, and two, are you so precious that you can't handle a cashier touching your items? What would've happened if he went through a normal register? "Yeah could you scan them without touching them thanks"

I had a grumpy old cow at the TAB when I went in to put $20 on the sheep shaggers to win the World Cup. It's not my fault that I don't know how to put on a bet.

Have been to a couple of different TABs, and there's always some surly old battleaxe behind the counter, that makes you feel like you're an idiot.

I just bet online nowdays. Find it easier all round. With Foxtel at home too, can't go wrong, unless you lose...

As per my post in the things that s**t me, just got to experience some pretty s**t service... Got handballed for over 1.5 hours through online support chats, only to be told in the end that despite the only mention of an expiry being "no expiration date", it in fact expired in Dec, nothing can be done, anything that could've been done would've been by the first support guy. Got a bit shitty after being pretty obliging at the process, right down to going through the long ass verification process 3 times, having to take photos and repeat myself 3x, mentioned it being in violation of consumer laws and their own T+C's, got a generic sorry but we can't do anything, asked politely if there was anything at all they would do to compensate or if I should just terminate the chat and complain to the ACCC.

At that point I got a generic have a nice day! then immediately chat terminated...

Have been to a couple of different TABs, and there's always some surly old battleaxe behind the counter, that makes you feel like you're an idiot.

I just bet online nowdays. Find it easier all round. With Foxtel at home too, can't go wrong, unless you lose...

The combination of 'online betting' and 'Foxtel' in the same post means all I am hearing in my head is "Sheesh" from Samuel L Jackson...

I was accidentally leaning on the scales once when I put through some mushrooms (came to like $25) so I asked the self serve lady to fix it whilst trying to be humorous and self deprecating only for her to give me a lecture on how it works. Well eff me in the a, so glad you told me that it weighs the product and converts it into a price based on its price per kg. Thought scales were some black magic sh*t for a while there.

Also, as an ex nightfiller I feel for my bros who have to work during opening hours. The most fun is had when the store closes if you have an easy going manager.

As an also ex nightfiller I didn't mind working when the shop was still open. Back in my day it was only open until 6 each night and we'd typically start at 5. I'd much rather be done by 9 than start and finish an hour later just to avoid customers. I actually find it more annoying as a customer trying to negotiate pallets and cages/trolleys at 7.30 at night, but I don't expect nightfillers to start after 9pm for my convenience. The shop is open 13 hours a day after all.

I went to Myer in December to get my little brother some Hotwheels s**t for Christmas. I went up to the counter to pay for it where there was a woman in I'd say her 50's behind the desk. I put the toys on the bench and out of nowhere she unleashed this massive rant about muslims. Note this would have been shortly after the Martin Place hostage situation. She says "It's just not he same anymore is it? They're ruining it for everyone, those muslims, this is supposed to be a time of the year to relax, now we have to change all our signs and stuff to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, I mean, I'm sorry, but if you come in to our country you should expect to do things our way. You're not one of them are you?" she says to me. "uhh...no" I said. Then she replies: "Oh good, if you were you'd probably come back and shoot me!" and starts laughing. I'm just standing there wanting to pay for this toy so I can get the * out of the shopping centre (* I hate shopping) so I was a bit stunned that she just brought it up out of nowhere. In hindsight I probably should have said something to a manager or even to her but I just paid for it and left without saying a word. What was going through her mind to think that stuff is okay to say when you're representing your workplace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back