Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah i remember thinking at the time it was pretty odd to be melting over his draft selection before the kid had even had a chance to step foot inside the club. I hope he continues to prove the initial doubters wrong.
Reminiscent of the Crows and Doodee

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Worth mentioning that at the insider day Ryder said "body feels great. To remember that this time last year I was limping already - it feels good to be fit again."

He did drop there was a "hiccup" just after Christmas but didn't specify what.
Hopefully the new KPF/2nd ruck that jumps all over the ruck that Lycett plows into all game role will add a bit of time on his career.

Very much too early to be making calls on any of our draftees for or against. We are one intra club in.

Difference is at draft time the power was in our hands to choose whatever players and people argue black and blue based on stats and footage that player a was a better option than player b. Now that he's one of us, Everyone wants him to succeed.

No point having a go at anyone.

For the record I wanted other players than Duursma, but that doesn't mean he or anyone else won't be a success (or will be).

Very much too early to be making calls on any of our draftees for or against. We are one intra club in.

Difference is at draft time the power was in our hands to choose whatever players and people argue black and blue based on stats and footage that player a was a better option than player b. Now that he's one of us, Everyone wants him to succeed.

For the record I wanted other players than Duursma, but that doesn't mean he or anyone else won't be a success (or will be).

Yep. Of course, no one knows what the club's plans are - if you had told me that Powell-Pepper was going to lose 5kg and really become the explosive mid that I know we need, I wouldn't have cared who they selected.

Now that he has...it's all good as far as I'm concerned, and I hope Duursma has a long and prosperous career with Port Adelaide, like I wish for every player at the club.

Exactly this. It's entirely pointless holding people to account for their pre draft opinion of Duursma. He's here, so we all hope he becomes a superstar.

I need to know which player I need to watch that we should have taken ahead of Duursma so I can melt when required.

I'm sure there'll be a player taken in the 20s that becomes the next Fyfe and we can all lament drafting Pittard.

I need to know which player I need to watch that we should have taken ahead of Duursma so I can melt when required.
You're doing it wrong.

The best way is to wait and see who was picked after him and develops and then claim it in hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because a couple of blokes on big footy didn’t rate him then groupthink.

It was literally only me that wasn't 100% sold on him, everyone else pre draft was keen to get him. Wouldn't call that groupthink.

Anyway, i'm all aboard the Duursma train. Excited to see what he can do Round 1.

I had no view one way or the other on Duursma before the draft. He was only a name. However, on the vast sample space of one internal trial I liked what I saw and think he'll be the best of our draftees. Was channelling Craig Bradley on the wing for me.

It was literally only me that wasn't 100% sold on him, everyone else pre draft was keen to get him. Wouldn't call that groupthink.

Anyway, i'm all aboard the Duursma train. Excited to see what he can do Round 1.

Call it what you want, but there was definitely some negative sentiment on this board.

Which is fine, I’m sure that’s the case for nearly every draftee pre draft.

It hasn't been discussed much given how much went wrong elsewhere, but Dougal was a slight disappointment last year. Made such a good comeback in the back end of 2017, started 2018 in really good form, but just couldn't quite carry through with it as the season went on.

It's a big year for him. We know how much potential he has. Time to fully realise it.
Needs to significantly improve his one on one defence then he becomes a really important player

Pretty harsh considering he was Runner up in the B&F the year prior and we flogged him Out of position for the first half of the year in 2018.

I think if we had Dixon and Ryder rotating between FF and CHF we would be a far better team! I would love ya to be super brave this year and Park one of these two 30 meters out, play the other as a genuine hit up CHF and Robbie/Brad our of the Goal Square, be brave and play a Small at either of their feet and Marshall as the third y’all Forward.
Don't thinks it's harsh re Dix. His mind wasn't on the job for half the games I saw imo. Always know when he's on in first 5-10 mins.

Back