Opinion Port Adelaide's DNA is fundamentally different... its core responsibility is football

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t really blame the club for giving Schofield the arse if he actually did push Hinkley over during a heated argument. You would pretty well be gone in most workplaces for that.

I definitely get why schoey would’ve been angry after that s**t show but violence is never the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or it could be that we leaked the Grundy story in such a way to make him look unprofessional and us look uber professional.
It makes us look liars and Grundy look like a guy who can see through liars.

It's 100% Grundy choosing Sydney and us spinning it out way. Maybe there was a slight cultural fit issue but that's not surprising when your coach is Ken Hinkley and it's Dapto with the syndicate boys or the highway
Being based in Sydney Grundy will be a lot closer to Dapto, just sayin'.

I think is the biggest load of s**t you will ever hear. It’s an excuse that our pitch sucked and we didn’t present as well as Sydney. Say what you want about Grundy, he’s a smart fella and has clear aspirations post footy. That doesn’t mean he’s not determined to work hard, be dedicated and aim to win a flag during his time in footy - somewhere.

Port clearly leaked this bollocks to keep face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting snippet from the Grundy to Sydney article.

It doesn't seem to reflect our lived reality under Ken over the last 11 years. Nor his repeated public comments.

Could this be the strongest sign yet that Carr is taking the reigns?

It sounds a lit more like a Carr pitch than a Ken one.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
pitches would've been identical - premiership trajectory, big part of our on field future, our great culture etc etc.

My read of that is: Sydney is the place to be if you want to play footy AND be in the right spot to set up a post-footy career (not wrong vs Adelaide). Our spin is that it's all about footy, because we can't offer anything else - that neither says we're doing footy well, or that footy is our priority, it's just a reality it's all PA can offer.

a Collingwood / Sydney (wow elite) man has more of a future in The Industry than a Collingwood / Port Adelaide (oh yucky) man

a Collingwood / Sydney (wow elite) man has more of a future in The Industry than a Collingwood / Port Adelaide (oh yucky) man
If he's used to Melbourne coterie, the only thing that comes close is going to be Sydney coterie...

Koch has a ‘control the message’ obsession and it drives everything the Club does.

If there was a premiership table for spin, we’d be on top.

Problem is the results keep rudely contradicting the Club’s ridiculous narratives.

The social media team in particular are very patronising grind my gears.

Post Bulldogs PF - same night
Hinkley had a go at schofield for midfield problems and it was very heated
That part of heard from multiple people

the next part is everything from
shoved him over with his shoulder
pushed him over
punched him

pick your own ending type thing

like whose idea it actually was, after the experience a few weeks previously against the Dogs, to start Drew on the bench, and a defensive setup that freed Libba and others like Smith to wreak havoc? that sort of blameshifting?

as for workplace rules re getting "pushed over" how about also sacking the bloody coach who setup on field group for a "pushover"? If that means both of them then fine, but gut feeling based on no information whatsoever says Ken made executive calls then tried to flick responsibility to Jarrad.

pitches would've been identical - premiership trajectory, big part of our on field future, our great culture etc etc.

My read of that is: Sydney is the place to be if you want to play footy AND be in the right spot to set up a post-footy career (not wrong vs Adelaide). Our spin is that it's all about footy, because we can't offer anything else - that neither says we're doing footy well, or that footy is our priority, it's just a reality it's all PA can offer.

This is a "we are competent" interpretation. Nevertheless, it seems more likely than a deliberate, unprofessional, sulking leak (and anyway if we were to do that typically either Rooch or Kane get used).

Koch has a ‘control the message’ obsession and it drives everything the Club does.

If there was a premiership table for spin, we’d be on top.

Problem is the results keep rudely contradicting the Club’s ridiculous narratives.
Did you miss this weekend where Maynard managed to KO an opponent and then have the entire Melbourne media calling for him to be let off?

If you think there's a big on field gap between us and Collingwood, thats a tiny crack compared to vast canyon between us and Collingwood when it comes to PR spin.

I think is the biggest load of s**t you will ever hear. It’s an excuse that our pitch sucked and we didn’t present as well as Sydney. Say what you want about Grundy, he’s a smart fella and has clear aspirations post footy. That doesn’t mean he’s not determined to work hard, be dedicated and aim to win a flag during his time in footy - somewhere.

Port clearly leaked this bollocks to keep face.

Is it really that big of a deal that he chose Sydney over us that they would need to leak lies about it? You can't woo them all, and trying to get all of Esava BZT and Grundy with our draft hand was always going to be near on impossible. I'm actually happy that this is the one that fell through, as long as we get all of Esava BZT and Sweet.

Grundy was a big risk, huge contract and hasn't played that well for a while now.

What do they need to keep face about. He chose Sydney, good luck to him, that's where it ends and we move on. Got more important things to be worrying about right now than Brodie Grundy.

Is it really that big of a deal that he chose Sydney over us that they would need to leak lies about it? You can't woo them all, and trying to get all of Esava BZT and Grundy with our draft hand was always going to be near on impossible. I'm actually happy that this is the one that fell through, as long as we get all of Esava BZT and Sweet.

Grundy was a big risk, huge contract and hasn't played that well for a while now.

What do they need to keep face about. He chose Sydney, good luck to him, that's where it ends and we move on. Got more important things to be worrying about right now than Brodie Grundy.
You're making too much sense.

Everything needs to be considered a win. There are no neutral results when it comes to image - it's either good PR or bad PR.

Grundy not choosing Port is Bad PR.

The PR Team needs to justify WHY he didn't choose Port in a way that makes Port look good, and they need to do it before people start speculating about why he didn't choose Port. Otherwise, people will talk and thats Bad PR.

The `core responsibility is football' bit epitomised what the PAFC stood for in the last millenium but it's absolute merchant banker crap when used in reference to what the club has become under koch and co.
Yeah, I was pissed off when I got an email from Richardson trying to influence how I should vote in the upcoming referendum. I have listened to the arguments and made up my own mind I do not need the PAFC to tell me. The Club needs to leave politcs to the politicians and get back to it's core business of winning Premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back