Port Game - Payback !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Au_Blue#24

Club Legend
Jan 19, 2002
AFL Club
West Coast
Im not discarding the bullies game - but im looking forward to the eagles taking on port.

We should be throwing the kitchen sink at this game.

Woosha needs to somehow instill some of his "meaness" into blokes like lynch and chick.

That little piece of snot carr should be first in line.

Cant wait !!

Originally posted by Au_Blue#24
Im not discarding the bullies game - but im looking forward to the eagles taking on port.

We should be throwing the kitchen sink at this game.

Woosha needs to somehow instill some of his "meaness" into blokes like lynch and chick.

That little piece of snot carr should be first in line.

Cant wait !!

Port are usually slow starters to the season, I expect us to win this game reasonably comfortably (3-5 goals). Not sure we need to worry about Carr, more like Tredrea.
At least it looks like Lynch might finally get the opportunity to prove himself. He's far and away the best option we have to cover Tredrea, and has been for the last 2 years.
If Woosha plays Jako or Carroll on him I'll puke.

Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

Originally posted by Jabber
Port are usually slow starters to the season, I expect us to win this game reasonably comfortably (3-5 goals). Not sure we need to worry about Carr, more like Tredrea.
At least it looks like Lynch might finally get the opportunity to prove himself. He's far and away the best option we have to cover Tredrea, and has been for the last 2 years.
If Woosha plays Jako or Carroll on him I'll puke.

During the preseason, I took a lot of notice of lynch. He is a big mother ( around 104 kg ) but he is also deceptively quick. Usually big guys like him are slow of the mark and have no acceleration.

Has he got any type atheletics background ??

Re: Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

During the preseason, I took a lot of notice of lynch. He is a big mother ( around 104 kg ) but he is also deceptively quick. Usually big guys like him are slow of the mark and have no acceleration.

400 runner at state level, iirc?

He certainly seems to be a bit quicker than previously, but I think a lot has to do with him just reading the player a lot better than before this, and making sure he is frequently in the right place at the right time.

can not wait for this game.

after what happened in round 16 last year, i'd expect this game to be quite a battle and a half.

Re: Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

I remember the Eagle Eye stating he was state 400m champ and also dabbled in rowing, which he had to quit because he was putting on so much muscle, it was slowing him down!

let's face it, deep down, in those thoughts you don't like to talk about, and barely think about, you loved Troy burtsting through packs, legally (as opposed to the aggresion Port used against us last season). You want a player like Troy roaming the ground for the Eagles, surely it's better they play for us than against us! You want an enforcer looking after Judd, Cuz and co ... and who better than to do the enforcing than Q-Lynch?!

thegur

Re: Re: Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

Originally posted by thegur
let's face it, deep down, in those thoughts you don't like to talk about, and barely think about, you loved Troy burtsting through packs, legally (as opposed to the aggresion Port used against us last season). You want a player like Troy roaming the ground for the Eagles, surely it's better they play for us than against us! You want an enforcer looking after Judd, Cuz and co ... and who better than to do the enforcing than Q-Lynch?!

thegur

Very true.

I remember last week there was one awesome moment when one of the Hawthorn HFFs was about 50m out running into goal- he tried to balk past Lynch, and Quentin only managed to get a couple of fingertips to his jumper as he ran past- which was enough- he just reached out, snagged him, and still just using the one hand threw him to the ground hard enough for the ball to spill out, Quentin gathered it, and meandered off down the field- took about 20 seconds for the hawk to get up.

After seeing that, I have to admit, I have dark thoughts involving Lynch putting the old steiner recliner move on someone like Pickett or Carr...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

Originally posted by Mead

After seeing that, I have to admit, I have dark thoughts involving Lynch putting the old steiner recliner move on someone like Pickett or Carr...

The Steiner Recliner is nothing but a glorified Camel Clutch ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Port Game - Payback !!

Originally posted by Mead
Very true.

I remember last week there was one awesome moment when one of the Hawthorn HFFs was about 50m out running into goal- he tried to balk past Lynch, and Quentin only managed to get a couple of fingertips to his jumper as he ran past- which was enough- he just reached out, snagged him, and still just using the one hand threw him to the ground hard enough for the ball to spill out, Quentin gathered it, and meandered off down the field- took about 20 seconds for the hawk to get up.

Stop mead! Your making me excited!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back