Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say this but I hope Brissy pump Collingwood

For picks of course
GIF by Giphy QA

I hate to say this but I hope Brissy pump Collingwood

For picks of course
Nah Collingwood deserve to be demoralised

That footage that came out of Eddie McGuire, glass of Champagne in hand , celebrating Brayden Maynard getting off his charge undid any and all good vibes I had about the Pies and the way they played their footy last year and sent me right back to when I used to despise them

We need some media types to light a rocket under the Lions for this week. The Pies are copping it hard and need the Lions to be similarly fired up.

Is 0-3 the end of the Lions flag window?
Is Fagan too old to be a premiership coach?
Should Neale have stayed at Freo to win a flag?

etc.
Hook this talk right into my veins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were brought in to weaken West Coast, so no way they were gonna help us get good. The AFL threw us to the wolves.
Ancient history now. We got to the point where we contended for a flag around what I think is an okay timeline for a new club to achieve. Minimum advantages for sure, but quite a few self inflicted wounds along the way.

Ed Allan is playing quite well in the VFL.

Someone like Sidebottom should be looking over his shoulder…

I wonder if he’d start thinking about coming home if they kept playing the old blokes and kept losing all year -
Pies first rounder for him ??
Or would that be paying too much !!🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if he’d start thinking about coming home if they kept playing the old blokes and kept losing all year -
Pies first rounder for him ??
Or would that be paying too much !!🤣

Mind you - no way he’d push out currently on track for AA wing position Bailey Banfield !!
So maybe we keep our powder dry on that one 🤣

Ancient history now. We got to the point where we contended for a flag around what I think is an okay timeline for a new club to achieve. Minimum advantages for sure, but quite a few self inflicted wounds along the way.
??? We reached a premlin in 2006; Our 12th season and a GF in our 19th (!). Port reached a semi in their 5th season. Won a minor premiership in their 6th and 7th season and flag in their 8th. GWS reached a prelim in their 5th season and GF in their 8th. It wasn't an okay timeline.

??? We reached a premlin in 2006; Our 12th season and a GF in our 19th (!). Port reached a semi in their 5th season. Won a minor premiership in their 6th and 7th season and flag in their 8th. GWS reached a prelim in their 5th season and GF in their 8th. It wasn't an okay timeline.
12th season prelim is contending. Port in their 5th over achieved. Good for them.

I would argue a founding list should be able to contend at some point in its lifetime even if they don't get all that close. Port maybe overachieved a bit, but we definitely failed. Our first prelim side had just three foundation players in it, and one of those we had traded back in at a sizeable price! (Bell for the youngins reading).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back