Port to wear Black and White Magpies Jumper this week.

What do you think about us letting Port wear the prison bars?

• Sadly for me, I'm not a Collingwood supporter :( (but at least my team is playing finals)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - bad idea, the black and white stripes are ours!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - care factor = 0

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I'm a Collingwood supporter - great idea to help out Port

Votes: 17 44.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking like we're not just soft on the field these days.

Talks between McLachlan and Collingwood president Eddie McGuire appear to have resolved the issue, with the AFL's football operations manager, Mark Evans, expressing his gratitude to the Magpies for supporting "a pragmatic resolution to the problem".

Collingwood and McGuire have reacted angrily in the past to any suggestion of Port wearing its traditional Magpies jumper. But the fact that Collingwood is not playing finals – along with the league's determination to present the game in the best possible fashion – led to the policy change.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...t-richmond-20140901-10b5kr.html#ixzz3C3fusdV4

I tell you what, I met Ed a few weeks ago, and he is such a nice guy. Not sure why he gets such a bad run in some of ranks of supporters, but the guy just very clearly loves football (and Collingwood).

Agree with the above, I hope we do the colours proud for both my club, and yours.

I have no issue with it. We're not in the finals and they are. They can wear whatever bloody colours they want.
Best of luck to the Port boys. Barracked for Port Adelaide as my second team when I was a younger man. Would like to see them win the flag from fifth.
I want them or Freo to win the Flag

The AFL shouldn't have tried to force them to wear there clash strip when its their home ground.

I hope its not like last time were I found it hard to watch because the bars just blurred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you what, I met Ed a few weeks ago, and he is such a nice guy. Not sure why he gets such a bad run in some of ranks of supporters, but the guy just very clearly loves football (and Collingwood).

Agree with the above, I hope we do the colours proud for both my club, and yours.
I think I teared up a little....

Sorry to intrude on your board . As a neutral, your club and supporters are so reasonable about this :), especially compared to your big 4 rivals with less effective clashes they opt not to use(!). I know some on the same board have claimed your clash isn't effective , but that's not true , you're nowhere near in the same league as teams like Richmond.

Your club did the right thing when we hosted you a few weeks ago (and wore your suitable clash ) whilst we were forced to wear our white clash in our home game against Richmond a few weeks before that . Seeing Port get screwed has made me angry , and wearing the prison bars should not be the solution (the onus should be on Richmond to come up with a new jumper as the lower ranked /"away" team if the usual clash doesn't cut it , like StK did against you guys for the 2010 grand finals). But given this compromise , it's nice to see your reaction to it :)(mostly understanding /very reasonable )- kudos . Actually your team , fans and now even Eddie do deserve more credit! I don't think you're soft (my own club was soft though ), just reasonable. May port do the black and white proud this week :)

Poor form by the AFL by not making Richmond produce a suitable jumper.

Good luck to Port, I hope they thump Richmond. In fact, if I had my way they'd win the flag, impossible as that appears.

That would mean beating Ross Lyon. What's with the media's infatuation with him? Last night I was checking Twitter and once again a meat head Murdoch journo was calling Lyon a "genius". The man hasn't even won a single premiership... what a joke.

Anyway, go Port.

Back