Game Day Port v Essendon gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE V ESSENDON @ ETIHAD STADIUM

BombersvPort316aaa12.jpg

Saturday, 7 April 2012, 1.15 (SA time)

Weather forecast: Partly cloudy, 19 degrees (if the roof is open).

Port Adelaide
B: Jackson Trengove, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
HB: Danyle Pearce, Troy Chaplin, Ben Jacobs
C: Kane Cornes, Domenic Cassisi, John McCarthy
HF: Travis Boak, Jay Schulz, Hamish Hartlett
F: Chad Wingard, Daniel Stewart, Justin Westhoff
Foll: Jarrad Redden, Bradley Ebert, Matt Thomas
I/C: David Rodan, Paul Stewart, Matthew Broadbent, Cameron O'Shea
Emg: Mitchell Banner, Simon Phillips, Darren Pfeiffer

In: Jackson Trengove
Out: John Butcher (Hamstring)

Essendon
B: Courtenay Dempsey, Tayte Pears, Michael Hibberd
HB: Kyle Hardingham, Dustin Fletcher, Jake Carlisle
C: David Myers, Jobe Watson, Jake Melksham
HF: Stewart Crameri, David Hille, Leroy Jetta
F: Angus Monfries, Michael Hurley, David Zaharakis
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Ben Howlett, Brent Stanton
I/C: Sam Lonergan, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Mark McVeigh, Dyson Heppell
Emg: Ricky Dyson, Kyle Reimers, Tom Bellchambers

In: Sam Lonergan, Jake Carlisle
Out: Heath Hocking (Concussion), Cale Hooker (Ankle)

Head to Head

Port Adelaide 14 wins, Essendon 7 wins, no draws

Port's last 5 games v Essendon

LWWWW

Last time

Essendon 17.18 (120) defeated Port Adelaide 17.11 (113), round 23, 2011 at Etihad Stadium

A Song

[YOUTUBE]SBmAPYkPeYU[/YOUTUBE]

Great win in the first round but after the horrors of the past few seasons is it a new dawn or a false start? Time will tell.

Devo I won't be watching the game today, will be eating lamb off a spit instead.

Look forward to hitting the IQ box up sometime Sunday to see the boys second win on the trott (pardon the pun).

I'm heading down to the game. Super pumped, as I haven't seen them play live in a few years now.

Please tell me we don't have the same umpires as last years game here. I don't think I'll be able to control myself if we do. There may be a chance I'll get evicted from the ground at some stage.

Wish i was there but get to watch it with my boy for the first time. Still think we are a fair chance of winning. The competitiveness needs to be there

love the graphic FF!

Wish I could claim some credit but that was what used to headline the AFL site previews. They don't use it any more so had to grab it from last year's preview. :eek:

For those who PM to say they want to beat me up, I'll be there today so this might be your shot.
Look for a 40 something bald guy with a 10yr old daughter sitting behind the goals at the port end.

So pumped! Wish I was there...

Need a good start and to maintain intensity for the full 4 quarters. Effort and a consistent hard attack at the footy is a non negotiable. Build on last week boys

Will be at the game. Any idea where to get a seat so I can sit with other supporters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nervous as s**t about this one - though more confident than I would have been last year!

I'll be working, which means I'll have to get score-grabs in my breaks ... pleeeease let favorable point tallies materialize on my screen.

Aisle 24 is the bay/section.

This would have you directly behind the goal at the Port cheer-squad.

Anything in the vicinity of 24 will do you fine on any level.

Awesome, thanks for that.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

I'll be there probably in the medallion club area (Dad works for a guy who owns em xD) but if I might head down to the cheersquad if my mates will allow.

Also, I do have a spare ticket so if anyone wants it and PM's me in the next.... hour? I'll be happy to give it to you.

I'll be in AFL reserve (probably surrounded by corporate banker w***ers), testing out the stadium ejection policy.

Haha, I'm just hoping I'll get in... hate this collared shirt crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back