Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

You beat GWS and Essendon when they were outside the top eight at the time. Anyway, it’s quibbling. Finishing second after the h/a when realistically you’re the 6th-8th best side is one of the most dangerous list positions you can be in. Port need to do an honest accounting of where they’re at and not slough of this loss as an aberration or an off night for Kenny. You’re miles off it.

A follower of a team who hasn't won a flag since the Beatles first formed and has been a laughing stock for two decades is here now to stick the boot in. Maybe the afl can appoint Paul Roos and run the club for us to fix it?

Unpopular opinion time but the gloss is definitely off on Schofield.

It might not be his fault but the midfield issues were huge in the two finals.

As i said last night, he can go too.

Darcy Byrne Jones is one of the worst footballers I’ve EVER seen. Take back that farce of a Jack Cahill medal pls
Not sure how Boak didn’t win last years B&F. AA Vice Captain and came 2nd in the Brownlow.

You beat GWS and Essendon when they were outside the top eight at the time. Anyway, it’s quibbling. Finishing second after the h/a when realistically you’re the 6th-8th best side is one of the most dangerous list positions you can be in. Port need to do an honest accounting of where they’re at and not slough of this loss as an aberration or an off night for Kenny. You’re miles off it.

“An off night for Kenny”

Oh my sweet summer child.

Actually we were clearly the 4-5th best side in the comp based on your logic you idiot.

Melb, WB clearly better

Bris maybe better

Geelong worse

GWS, Ess, Syd all clearly worse than us.

But hey, keep going with your narrative.

It doesn't matter where teams are when you beat them, it matters where they finished. We were 4-6 against top 8 sides. 2-4 against the other top 4 teams. That's like saying beating the Crows in round 2, because they won round one means we beat a top 8 side.

We aren't all here complaining because we're the 4th best team.

We're all here complaining because we've seen similar trends in our losses for years and we want to be the number 1 side not the number 4. We know we're good, we want to be great and Ken is failing to get us there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Along with '07, that was a legacy moment for our club last night. A lot of these players will always be remembered for the '21 prelim debacle'.
So much this. 2022 needs to be about retribution, regaining respect and getting back on the horse immediately. With the exceptions of Bonner and Wines, numerous reputations were shattered last night. To see our brightest sparks shirk contests, fall over and fumble under heat was a grim sign of their fragility. I still can’t reconcile how bad Butters, Rozee, Duursma were collectively. Not only did they lack their usual polish, they played lazy and/or scared football. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.

First thing I did when I got home was unfollow all footy feeds and delete Fox Footy from the channel list.

This is the lone redoubt to ink out the cavalcade of sigh.

I plan to find out who won this flag some time in January.

Going to do the opposite.
Yeh I cancelled the Kayo last night but will sit through the Footy Show today.
Will sit through the grand final with arms crossed.
Will soak up every bit of the Vic fairytale.
I want it to burn for a very long time.

17mt0o.jpg

I am 100% this right now.

Jonas can heck off too ‘that wasn’t us’. heck off Tom - that absolutely, 100%, every day of the ******* week IS US.

in fact that was the most Port Adelaide effort against a good, hard side that I have seen under his and Ken’s leadership. They literally bettered themselves from previous half arsed affords.

Has anyone come up with anything to make them feel better?

I actually don’t know what to do. What do you do when a team representing a club you have invested so much emotional energy in since you were 5 years old does not show up in a Preliminary Final where all the odds are stacked in their favour?

It might sound a bit dramatic, but I’m ******* empty and lost today.

Has anyone come up with anything to make them feel better?

I actually don’t know what to do. What do you do when a team representing the club you have invested so much emotional energy in since you were 5 years old does not show up in a Preliminary Final where all the odds are stacked in their favour?

It might sound a bit dramatic, but I’m ******* lost today.

Nope, the hangover isn't helping either.

If the time stamps are correct then:

Ollie Wines - 2 disposals in the first 18 minutes
Travis Boak - 2 disposals in the first 17 minutes, none in the first 9
Karl Amon - 2 disposals in the first 24 minutes
Zac Butters - 3 disposals in the first 20 minutes
Williem Drew - 0 disposals in first 20 minutes
Xavier Duursma - 2 disposals in 23 minutes
Robbie Gray - 0 disposals in first 24 minutes
Connor Rozee - 3 disposals in 23 minutes

16 minutes in it was 32-0. Our midfields disposal count at that time:
Wines - 1
Boak - 1
Amon - 1
Butters - 2
Drew - 0
Duursma - 1
Gray - 0
Rozee - 2

16 minutes in, their counterparts:
Smith - 7
Macrae - 6
Dunkley - 2
Hunter - 4
Liberatore - 7
Bontompelli - 3
Treloar - 3

I just don't get how our midfield could be that unprepared for a scrap in a Prelim Final.

The other thing for me in addition to this was just how prepared the Bulldogs were. As soon as Drew came on they blocked him off the ball to free up Libba/Bont. As soon as Robbie Gray went into the midfield they were ready to tackle and brought him down to ground every time the ball got close. As soon as Ladhams was ruck, they went full hunt mode because they knew he wouldn't win the taps.

Jonas can fu** off too ‘that wasn’t us’. fu** off Tom - that absolutely, 100%, every day of the ******* week IS US.

in fact that was the most Port Adelaide effort against a good, hard side that I have seen under his and Ken’s leadership. They literally bettered themselves from previous half arsed affords.

And that other cliche, we'll be back bigger and better next year.

No one is buying what you're selling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back