Port wearing away strip - now ok to wear prison bar jumper - AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I know i've been harping on about this issue, but here we have Adelaide Oval being used for the first time for an AFL final and the home team are not allowed to be the 'home team', how in the wide world of football does that work? Who are these cretins at the AFL that come up with this stuff? Are these blokes just screwing around with us all? Do they conduct meetings and round table the dumbest idea some idiot can think of just to mess with our minds? The AFL and our game is in serious trouble, it's in the hands of lunatics.
The same lunatics who did all the work bringing together the Government, SANFL, cricket and clubs to build Adelaide Oval?

Mark Evans was a local football guy, who then went to Melb, then Hawthorn and on to the AFL. He's made an error here by not going with the jumpers from last year and then fixing it in the off season. He's attempted to avoid the worst possible situation which is a bad jumper clash in the finals but in doing so he's created a problem out of nothing. We can put it down as a mistake and next year Richmond can have a better clash guernsey and the same problem wont happen again.

accordingly to Caro, Gilligan didnt know about the decision until after the fact

Mark Evans made this decision and ran with it
Think that was the original decision regarding the so-called guernsey clash ie Port wearing the white guernsey. The subsequent decision to allow the prison bars is what I'm referring to. Apparently McLachlan phoned 'everywhere' before giving it the tick.

As a solution, would Richmond consider wearing a predominantly white (or grey) strip with a black (or yellow) sash for games in WA. Perhaps all white with a black and yellow sash. That might get the WAFL support (if that's what's stopping the VFL guernsey from being the away guernsey).

Personally, I hate white jerseys, they all look the same

if the WAFL refused permission (assuming they did), I'd prefer a predominately yellow top over a white one

as for design, with the sash unavailable, Id prefer one of our earlier heritage designs, with a cartoon character as the last resort

we have a decent history, Id like our clash jumper to still reflect this in some way

This is just my personal pref of course

That would be a club team wearing the Western Australian SOO jumper against a South Australian club which did not have many players represent WA in SOO.

but we wouldnt be wearing it and claiming that WA state footy is our personal heritage. We would be wearing it solely as a reference to our own, subject to the WAFL agreeing

quite different to what the Crows did

Whats the issue with our away guernsey? it's completely different to our home guernsey. we're the home team, why should be have to make changes? Why can't Richmond and the other Victorian clubs get grip and actually design an alternative away strip that actually looks different to your home guernseys? Richmond have to do better than putting a yellow panel on the side of a guernsey that looks pretty much the same as their home guernsey. Its a joke mainly on the AFL's behalf, because they don't have the balls to tell the Victorian clubs to move on with the times and actually design a clash guernsey that actually works. Name me any other professional sporting league in the world that has this issue?
You do as much as the Pies yet you sook no other club has a clash jumper. Both of our clubs just inverse the black and white

Serious question. Why cant Port wear the below jumper ? It looks similar to what they wear now.

tredders.jpg

Think that was the original decision regarding the so-called guernsey clash ie Port wearing the white guernsey. The subsequent decision to allow the prison bars is what I'm referring to. Apparently McLachlan phoned 'everywhere' before giving it the tick.

ah sorry, I thought you meant the original

on the PB, completely agree - love the fact every other club has its jumper dictated by the AFL, except the Pies for some reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering whether all of this will be a big distraction for Port.. time will tell I guess.

The Tiges by 5 goals.

Wouldn't even be close to a distraction for the playing group(s) or coach(es). A bit of riff raff with senior club officials and thats about it.
The uproar came from fans and supporters. This will all mean sweet fa when the ball is bounced @ 2:50pm Sunday. Just makes the AFL look stupid.

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's not just me. But the difference between the prison bars and the Richmond jumper seems not much better than the difference between Richmond's away jumper and Port's home jumper.

if we are currently dormant now, then good luck in the future if we awaken.. HAHA

That's if they don't turn the machine off first. Dr Kevorkian has been monitoring you.

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's not just me. But the difference between the prison bars and the Richmond jumper seems not much better than the difference between Richmond's away jumper and Port's home jumper.

The channel 7 theory makes the most sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back