Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it is in anyone's interest to play nasty long term. I also think Geelong are treated exceptionally well by the AFL.

How does the AFL benefit from a long drawn out, nasty encounter between Geelong and Adelaide? Exposure isn't something that the AFL need more of in trade week. I think they love the in season speculation but I don't think they need it at the end as there is already heaps of focus on the AFL.

If they do match and force a trade, it will all be discussed beforehand and probably agreed beforehand. The positive marketing in the whole situation isn't great.

AFLs primary goal is to be relevant for as long as possible throughout the year, and, having a contract saga like Dangerfield's is a very big drawcard as to what happens. On the second paragraph AFL in fact benefits from a bitter encounter between both clubs as it gives a massive drawcard between Geelong vs Adelaide the next season... giving massive coverage to what is a nothing match in the season and has potential to start a mini rivalry between the two clubs which if that is to happen, is massive.

What's the downsides for them? I can only see benefits.

Also we'll see how long that "exceptional treatment" lasts from that joke of an organisation.

Interesting hearing Damien Barrett on TFS mention that Gold Coast expect Dixon, Day and Gorringe will all be gone at years end. I know many have already discussed Dixon to us but I think Day could be a good option if cheap on the market. Straight swap for a 2nd or 3rd rounder perhaps would be a decent gamble

AFLs primary goal is to be relevant for as long as possible throughout the year, and, having a contract saga like Dangerfield's is a very big drawcard as to what happens. On the second paragraph AFL in fact benefits from a bitter encounter between both clubs as it gives a massive drawcard between Geelong vs Adelaide the next season... giving massive coverage to what is a nothing match in the season and has potential to start a mini rivalry between the two clubs which if that is to happen, is massive.

What's the downsides for them? I can only see benefits.

Also we'll see how long that "exceptional treatment" lasts from that joke of an organisation.
Danger is getting a special marketing allowance from the Afl to sign at the last minute ;)

Interesting hearing Damien Barrett on TFS mention that Gold Coast expect Dixon, Day and Gorringe will all be gone at years end. I know many have already discussed Dixon to us but I think Day could be a good option if cheap on the market. Straight swap for a 2nd or 3rd rounder perhaps would be a decent gamble

Day has to be number one priority. A massive gun player and worth targeting. Some players just have a bad run of injuries early on in careers. Thommo had massive issues.

The problem with poor behaviour patterns in young men is, young men don't tend to change (or really want to change) poor behaviour patterns. (Ask their ex-girlfriends.)

Are you talking about yourself and excusing some guilty secret of your past based on this?

It's a pretty silly argument and generalisation. Of course people change they just need to want to, and that's probably a question of character as much as environment

Day has to be number one priority. A massive gun player and worth targeting. Some players just have a bad run of injuries early on in careers. Thommo had massive issues.
He was a pick 3 and that's his claim to fame. Although only 23 he hasn't done anything above average so far and nothing to suggest a breakout is around the corner. A gun - no!

He's a mobile'ish 196cm KF but hardly the great white hope and boy have we had a heap of those types over the journey!

He was a pick 3 and that's his claim to fame. Although only 23 he hasn't done anything above average so far and nothing to suggest a breakout is around the corner. A gun - no!

He's a mobile'ish 196cm KF but hardly the great white hope and boy have we had a heap of those types over the journey!

196cm isn't that tall for a key forward these days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435755330.766865.jpg

If we sign danger for 2 years and then he plans to leave? Does anyone think it is worth it?
Hell yes. In two years we could be contending for and/or coming off a flag.

Geelong could well be a far less attractive proposition.

Even if it doesn't pan out that way, you need to back yourselves in to improve as a whole and retain talent.

I don't know how many draft picks we actually have. I do know they've been suggested to be used on Carlisle, Aish, Schranberg, Yarran, Henderson,Day, Dixon, Bennell, could be others.

We need to bring some young top end talent in with at least our first pick, due to our sanctions. We've missed out on too many picks that affect our future years.
Lever was an inspired choice IMO and we need to follow up with another junior of equal pedigree.
Day has shown nothing,zero, the occasional big mark but he's consistently inconsistent. Being a pick 3 already inflates his price even when there's no reason why.
Selective targeting and use those limited 2nd and 3rd round picks wisely. Free agency go your hardest.

11667521_830714130375001_5403045878414626017_n.jpg

well then. can we accept a grown man who drinks udl?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is bigblackboz Jay Clark?

Getting really sick of the AFLPA deterrent. Firstly, they wouldn't get pissy and secondly, even if they did, how is it our problem? If a rule change is made in the next contract it's a problem for the next team trying to retain or seek fair compensation for a RFA. Danger would be the example that changed the rule, we'd be fairly compensated and not caring.

There is a big distinction in Adelaide's past side deals. That was non-AFL approved and illegal salary cap cheating. They all knew they were doing the wrong thing or at least should have. This side is would be a secondary trade that the AFL approves and doesn't involve things like payments outside the salary cap. For example, my understanding is that it wouldn't be illegal to trade player x from Geelong to Adelaide early in trade period for a cheap price. From Geelong's perspective, this eats up Adelaide's salary cap and prevents them from matching. From Adelaide's perspective, they have gotten a cheap trade and then will pick up a compensation pick. Ultimately, then the AFL would already sign off on it - which they likely will. Deliberately chewing up another team's cap space isn't illegal.

I believe Adelaide's primary responsibility is to get the best compensation it can as everyone will look after themselves first. This includes Dangerfield and Geelong also. However, trying to force a trade may not be the best way. I have no doubt that if Adelaide really are going to force a trade that it would already be being discussed. I find it unlikely they will ever match in the strictest definition of the word. The well either not match or they will agree to a trade with Geelong and a normal trade will be worked out. The whole matching thing just is a waste of time as if they are going to force a trade, they will just trade with Geelong.
If he has informed us that he's going then I have no doubt we will be earnestly pursuing a trade deal by threatening to match ASAP.

It's a high risk strategy and one they will not be wanting to be roll out for the first time 3 days before trade period kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back