Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be flabbergasted if Sydney didn't offer him a very juicy contract, one of their most important. Players rarely ask to be traded from Sydney, can't see it happening.

Don't really have a problem with Mike Pyke coming. Is only going to be a second back up after ROB and be hard to attract anyone good to be a third string ruckman. Wouldn't cost anything in picks or much in money you'd think. Capable of doing the job if both Sauce and ROB go down. Why not?
Must be a real salary cap squeeze with no more COLA. Someone will get squeezed out.

Unless he made an assessment of Richmond and decided he doesn't want to be around influences like Martin and Co. Bring him over to talk to Betts and McLeod. I bet he'll turn up to the medical and then some.

Why?

Do people think that Bennells issues are that he is conflicted or unsure about his Indigenous identity? Here is a guy who is in full self destruct mode which stems from a family history of not having his father around due to long stints in prison for violent crimes. This has manifested itself into drug and alcohol issues, esteem issues, problems with authority, problems with employers and possibly untreated the whole time.

Whilst Betts did a great job mentoring Jetts, Charlies issue was moving away from his family for the first time for which Eddie was able to give advice and play the father figure for a year to help him get used to life as a professional footballer. Macca has done some great work with Indigenous kids but that does not make him qualified to help sort out Bennells long standing issues.Whilst Bennell may worship Eddie and Macca, they would just become the latest in a long list of people that Bennell rebels against because neither of them have the medical expertise to actually deal with Bennells self destruct mode way.

Bennell needs to take a year away from football and get himself right, he needs to work through his absentee father issues, his drug problems, his alcohol issues and his inability to take instruction, grow the **** up and stop being the spoilt man child he has become.

Nobody doubts his talent, he has more in his little finger than most of our list has in their whole body but he needs serious help, not a pre season programme and some well meaning advice. I'd back our club in if we said we are bringing him in but he doesn't train with us and he ticks off all the non negotiables to get his life on track and if that means he doesn't play for 12 months and just does rehab, gets himself a regular job, then so be it but lets not kid ourselves that a couple of Indigenous mentors will make this all go away, the sheer thought that people think that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Whilst I have quoted you, it isn't directed at you, there is a large group of people that think what you have said, even those from other clubs.

Missed a medical?! Wake up people this guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a professional AFL player. Absolute pass.
Could well have decided that he didn't want to go to Richmond, so didn't go to the medical. Why waste time? Tiges may have leaked it so it looks like it was their choice.

Let's not jump to conclusions.

Wonder if the Hawks are going to get involved? Need to replenish their ageing midfield and haven't had access to elite talent for a long while through the draft.

Luke Parker. Apparently coming out of contract 2016 and being paid under the odds at Sydney. 22 years old. Genuine jet. This is the sort of player we should be targeting to replace Danger.

Pay him whatever he wants and pass on whatever picks we need to from the Danger/CEY trades to get the job done.

Shut up and take our money. Would love to have him.

Must be a real salary cap squeeze with no more COLA. Someone will get squeezed out.
You'd think Parker, along with Hannebery, would be top of their priority list. But yeah, with Buddy and Tippet's huge deals and COLA gone, they're going to be a little vulnerable. Good time to make enquiries maybe.

Why?

Do people think that Bennells issues are that he is conflicted or unsure about his Indigenous identity? Here is a guy who is in full self destruct mode which stems from a family history of not having his father around due to long stints in prison for violent crimes. This has manifested itself into drug and alcohol issues, esteem issues, problems with authority, problems with employers and possibly untreated the whole time.

Whilst Betts did a great job mentoring Jetts, Charlies issue was moving away from his family for the first time for which Eddie was able to give advice and play the father figure for a year to help him get used to life as a professional footballer. Macca has done some great work with Indigenous kids but that does not make him qualified to help sort out Bennells long standing issues.Whilst Bennell may worship Eddie and Macca, they would just become the latest in a long list of people that Bennell rebels against because neither of them have the medical expertise to actually deal with Bennells self destruct mode way.

Bennell needs to take a year away from football and get himself right, he needs to work through his absentee father issues, his drug problems, his alcohol issues and his inability to take instruction, grow the **** up and stop being the spoilt man child he has become.

Nobody doubts his talent, he has more in his little finger than most of our list has in their whole body but he needs serious help, not a pre season programme and some well meaning advice. I'd back our club in if we said we are bringing him in but he doesn't train with us and he ticks off all the non negotiables to get his life on track and if that means he doesn't play for 12 months and just does rehab, gets himself a regular job, then so be it but lets not kid ourselves that a couple of Indigenous mentors will make this all go away, the sheer thought that people think that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Whilst I have quoted you, it isn't directed at you, there is a large group of people that think what you have said, even those from other clubs.
There's a lot of assumptions and some pretty ordinary pop psychology here based on scant facts.

Most of his alcohol issues weren't for being drunk, they were for drinking when he shouldn't have been and he wasn't alone in that, there were other Suns involved. One picture of him with some coke doesn't make him a drug addict, or even a regular drug user. Full self destruct mode? Bit over the top mate.

Yes, he's obviously got some discipline issues but they've been blown way out of proportion. His behaviour is not at all uncommon for an AFL footballer. He's just been caught out a few times.

I think it's pretty average for you to decide you know everything about his life and 'issues' and what's going on his head. Stick to what you actually know without filling in the blanks yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a rumour through a friend in Sydney we are chasing Mike Pyke. He is 32. The only thing I can think about it is it would be as a development / coaching gig like Pods was. One year to two in the SANFL as a backup AFL ready ruckmen with a coaching gig at the end of it. He isn't getting a game for the swans. Could be a good get.

I also heard from the same friend that their seems to be a huge multiclub trade in the works (doesn't include Dangerfield) that involves Port, Adelaide, Sydney and a few others.
I think your mate is stirring you up ;)

Could not agree more. Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Burgoyne et al.... All great decision makers and great kicks of the footy. A couple of gun left footers too!
Stiffy we need a point guard .....like a Mitchell

Do we think Matt Crouch could be that player down the track .....what's his footy IQ like?

Stiffy we need a point guard .....like a Mitchell

Do we think Matt Crouch could be that player down the track .....what's his footy IQ like?
I like M. Crouch but I doubt it. He has a good IQ but not on the Mitchell level and certainly no where near as good a kick as Mitchell who is elite on either side of his body.

Isn't that sort of mate. As I have said, I don't think its for an AFL list spot. It sounds more logical for SANFL playing development/mentor role to replace Callinan and Pods.
Would think of Pyke as the last person for that role .....he's still learning the game himself

Has to be BS

I like M. Crouch but I doubt it. He has a good IQ but not on the Mitchell level and certainly no where near as good a kick as Mitchell who is elite on either side of his body.
What was he ...pick in the 50's .....iam sure Hawthorn supporters were Meh at the time

After the premiership win yesterday I think we can count Hawthorn out of any more big name trades for a while. They will have the salary cap breathing down their throats with all the players demanding pay increases including Schoenmakers who would have been on a low salary.
Hale and Lake probably on the way out. Both lured from other clubs, you'd think the money they're on wouldn't be insignificant (bet Lake's pretty happy with that decision to leave the Dogs 3 years ago!!!)

Reckon most players would be happy to stay on less coin than they'd get elsewhere. You wouldn't want to be the guy demanding a big increase only to traded out of a premiership factory to go play for Brisbane or Essendon.

Luke Parker. Apparently coming out of contract 2016 and being paid under the odds at Sydney. 22 years old. Genuine jet. This is the sort of player we should be targeting to replace Danger.

Pay him whatever he wants and pass on whatever picks we need to from the Danger/CEY trades to get the job done.
Future Sydney Swan captain .....he's not going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back