Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's clear as day we need a fresh voice with new ideas, the current plans and structures we've got in place didn't work 5 years ago, and don't work now.

The clubs a shadow of what it was, we're totally irrelevant.

Funnily enough this may be the most pissed off I've been after a loss all year. Disgraceful effort, major changes need to be made at the end of the season.

How was that pathetic effort from the players bucks fault?

From where I was standing we looked to have serious strategic problems. Surely the coaching staff must except some responsibility?

Agree, Pendles looked cooked all night right from the start.. obviously carrying something. Not blaming him but our mids were smashed embarrassingly tonight. 8-0 center clearances at one stage... smashed like we were last week.
Agree wasn't having a go at him as even a 50% Pendles was better than some tonight.

I don't think I've been this frustrated about a performance in a long time.

We had a chance to win that game tonight. Yet lost it in the first 10-15 minutes by simply not being as focussed and determined as North.

It happened last week against the Crows too.

After that the effort and performance was acceptable.

But that start. I'm angry. I'm pissed off. This self motivation bullshit that we are currently preaching isn't working.

Yes we still have areas we need to improve in but not coming out and giving ourselves every chance early on is just not good enough for a multi million dollar fulltime professional sporting organisation.

Angriest I've been after a game in a long time.

Angry at what's happening. Angry at what is not going to happen.

/rant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can anyone honestly see us becoming a top side under Buckley?It's like Groundhog day with him with the same things happening over and over again.We rely totally on pressure on the ball carrier,but that style of football is taxing on the players and they get fatigued very easily.After putting in a decent effort for a few weeks,the players get tired,the pressure drops off and we play like s**t,just as we did tonight.Then rinse and repeat.The same thing happens year after year.It's never going to change while Buckley is our coach.

Positive is if you don't make finals at least you can't lose finals.
Losing finals hurts a lot more tonight.

We can now now sit back in September and watch teams tumble out one by one and take joy from that.
North are so arrogant and what was with Harvey pointing at our members and laughing. What an arse.

Why is Moore's set shots from outside 50 so bad?

... and our tackling, fuark me dead. Pin the arms, ay?

Time to see the likes of Wills, Crocker, Phillips and Broomhead. Even give Witts and Cox more game time now. Nothing left to gain from this season, shuffle a few cards around and give a few seniors a rest.

And kidding ourselves if we think next year will be any different.

Let's see what changes happen in the off season. I still believe we have a quality list. If we have some balls to make required changes within the football department, I think we can turn it around quickly.

Disagree effort was inconsistent and with some non existent. Too much left to too few. Pendlebury really should have had a break can't run and little penetration in his kicking.

Pendles should be on shelf for rest of season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair has to learn not to run into things with his head.

Grundy was smashed in the ruck. Not good.

Cloke -- does he get dropped now? He was invisible.

Fasolo -- really disappointing tonight.

Blair -- a good game for a tryer.

Adams, Pendles, Treloar stood up as usual.

Oh well, year is over. I'd just like to see us play a more settled side for a while. Maybe a few changes, but basically our best 22. We need continuity more than anything. These player have to play together a lot to really start to click.
Trav was quiet but geez was there some poor service into that forward line. I don't think he deserves to be dropped on the back of a horrendous effort from our mids. Cox hasn't played for a couple of weeks so doesn't exactly have the form to kick him out either.

Can anyone honestly see us becoming a top side under Buckley?It's like Groundhog day with him with the same things happening over and over again.We rely totally on pressure on the ball carrier,but that style of football is taxing on the players and they get fatigued very easily.After putting in a decent effort for a few weeks,the players get tired,the pressure drops off and we play like s**t,just as we did tonight.Then rinse and repeat.The same thing happens year after year.It's never going to change while Buckley is our coach.

Imo it's not a sustainable game plan. The best side in the comp doesn't try to win the contested ball count.

Positive is if you don't make finals at least you can't lose finals.
Losing finals hurts a lot more tonight.

We can now now sit back in September and watch teams tumble out one by one and take joy from that.
North are so arrogant and what was with Harvey pointing at our members and laughing. What an arse.

Yippee?

From where I was standing we looked to have serious strategic problems. Surely the coaching staff must except some responsibility?
I watched game on tv so our views of the game would be massively diff. Im not saying coaching staff blameless, but wouldnt go to TG extremes and call for bucks head. Early in the match when things were hot, looked like twice as many north players on the ground compared to us. Just took us too long to get in the contest......again

I don't think I've been this frustrated about a performance in a long time.

We had a chance to win that game tonight. Yet lost it in the first 10-15 minutes by simply not being as focussed and determined as North.

It happened last week against the Crows too.

After that the effort and performance was acceptable.

But that start. I'm angry. I'm pissed off. This self motivation bullshit that we are currently preaching isn't working.

Yes we still have areas we need to improve in but not coming out and giving ourselves every chance early on is just not good enough for a multi million dollar fulltime professional sporting organisation.

Angriest I've been after a game in a long time.

Angry at what's happening. Angry at what is not going to happen.

/rant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
image.jpeg

Sidebottom is a ******* gun. Gets nowhere near the praise he deserves.

He's this boards whipping boy of late.:$
Sometimes it's "he's a downhill skier" other times it's "turnover merchant".

I watched game on tv so our views of the game would be massively diff. Im not saying coaching staff blameless, but wouldnt go to TG extremes and call for bucks head. Early in the match when things were hot, looked like twice as many north players on the ground compared to us. Just took us too long to get in the contest......again

When you watch a game on TV you can't see the players spread and make space. They did it, we didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back