Injury Post Season Medical Update

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue with this is that Pedlar/Taylor/Cook have a combined 16 games between them. Pedlar struggled to put together a string of SANFL games, yet you think he is gonna be playing a bunch of AFL games in 2023. Taylor hasn't even debuted and Cook has played 11 games over 2 years.

Lets not act like these 3 are destined to play significant time in 2023.
Exactly, only 16 games, so why would you deny them more game time by playing Sloane? Sloane was already moved out the middle and now he's coming off a knee. Makes zero sense.

Exactly, only 16 games, so why would you deny them more game time by playing Sloane? Sloane was already moved out the middle and now he's coming off a knee. Makes zero sense.

I am not denying them anything.

Just suggesting that with Sloane at home recovering from an ACL - they combined for 5 games between the 3 of em last year when Sloane was out.

We were terrible last year, lets not pretend that players like Rory Sloane are keeping good AFL footballers out of our best 22.

I am not denying them anything.

Just suggesting that with Sloane at home recovering from an ACL - they combined for 5 games between the 3 of em last year when Sloane was out.

We were terrible last year, lets not pretend that players like Rory Sloane are keeping good AFL footballers out of our best 22.
They are kids, crikey.

I thought oldmanitis was just confined to Dmack, didn't realise it was your football philosophy, Senior player, tick, young players, you must wait your turn until senior player retires, until that time you aren't a good footballer.

Wow. How do you expect kids to get better? On the training track??? And have you forgotten we are in a rebuild??

They are kids, crikey.

I thought oldmanitis was just confined to Dmack, didn't realise it was your football philosophy, Senior player, tick, young players, you must wait your turn until senior player retires, until that time you aren't a good footballer.

Wow. How do you expect kids to get better? On the training track??? And have you forgotten we are in a rebuild??

Not sure I said any of that.

Just saying that Pedlar can't stay on the park and is chronically injured. Taylor has never even played an AFL game and despite the talk - Cook has looked average at AFL level so far.

Surely there must be a minimum standard of performance before they get to AFL level?

And just for the record - I don't really care if Sloane plays again or not. I just don't think that he has anything to do with whether Pedlar/Cook/Taylor see the field in 2023.

Not sure I said any of that.

Just saying that Pedlar can't stay on the park and is chronically injured. Taylor has never even played an AFL game and despite the talk - Cook has looked average at AFL level so far.

Surely there must be a minimum standard of performance before they get to AFL level?

And just for the record - I don't really care if Sloane plays again or not. I just don't think that he has anything to do with whether Pedlar/Cook/Taylor see the field in 2023.
Well you did. When you’re including a first year player like Taylor out because he’s not a “good” AFL footballer, what else are you meaning?

Pedlar, sure injury prone, if he wasn’t he’d be playing.

Cook, actually played some decent games and some average AFL games, which is the norm from a young player. The only way we will know if he makes it is by playing him.

If Sloane plays, that’s one less spot available, that’s just commonsense. And you advocated Sloane to be captain, so you want him to play.

Well you did. When you’re including a first year player like Taylor out because he’s not a “good” AFL footballer, what else are you meaning?

Pedlar, sure injury prone, if he wasn’t he’d be playing.

Cook, actually played some decent games and some average AFL games, which is the norm from a young player. The only way we will know if he makes it is by playing him.

If Sloane plays, that’s one less spot available, that’s just commonsense. And you advocated Sloane to be captain, so you want him to play.

I am saying Taylor hasn't reached the AFL level yet. Nothing to do with good or not.

We have a very young list. We are going to be rebuilding regardless. I would rather senior players in there helping rookies than just gifting games to players like Taylor just because.

I want Sloane to remain captain because I want a fresh start at the end of 2023. Nothing more, nothing less.

Whats the thought process and narrative here?

Is Burgess incompetent or being undermined and not given appropriate authority?
His job isn't to analyse medical scans and x-rays and he's not on the selection panel

Get them fit, put them into a position to be able to play, to be able to train. No doubt he wants players on the park. That's his job. Ultimately the final call rests on others though. And those who are petrified of playing without Talia for end of season dead rubbers won't look back on it ending his career and think hmmm I wonder. They'll look at this coming Saturday only because that's what their philosophy is.

I am saying Taylor hasn't reached the AFL level yet. Nothing to do with good or not.

We have a very young list. We are going to be rebuilding regardless. I would rather senior players in there helping rookies than just gifting games to players like Taylor just because.

I want Sloane to remain captain because I want a fresh start at the end of 2023. Nothing more, nothing less.
GIF by BlockFi

It all sounds a bit sad.

Not sure it's worth you being angry about it.
Not angry..

Just disapointed.

Its not McAseys fault.. and I hope the best for the lad and also hope he can resurrect his career elsewhere..

The fault lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably should keep this updated as there seems to be a bit of action around this at the moment. From memory;

Rankine - contactless recovering from shoulder
Rachele - laps - off-season hammy
Worrell - laps - off-season hammy
Sloane - laps - non-competitive ACL recovery
doedee - recovering - not sure training limitation
keays - recovering, not sure training limitation
mcpherson - delayed plc op - not running

Corrections, additions, deletions?

Not the best news when you are fighting to stay on the list.

Hoping he has a speedy recovery.
Hard to see him making it..

his body just isn’t up to the demands of AFL footy..

shame as, although the has some inconsistencies which I’m willing to concede aren’t helped at all by the constant stop/start of his career, he does have the talent.

Not the ending Seeds was hoping for. His health is the most important thing. I hope the Crows have some off field duties for him.
Wants to get into Footy Admin, so surely we can find him a role as are already paying for him.

Probably should keep this updated as there seems to be a bit of action around this at the moment. From memory;

keays - recovering, not sure training limitation

Corrections, additions, deletions?

Keays had shoulder surgery in late August to repair his AC Joint. Burgess said in the press release that it had been bothering him for 3-4 weeks prior to him having offseason surgery.

I am no doctor, but it strikes me as weird that Keays didn't have his shoulder strapped in the last 4 games of the year despite his AC joint being bad enough to require surgery.

Keays had shoulder surgery in late August to repair his AC Joint. Burgess said in the press release that it had been bothering him for 3-4 weeks prior to him having offseason surgery.

I am no doctor, but it strikes me as weird that Keays didn't have his shoulder strapped in the last 4 games of the year despite his AC joint being bad enough to require surgery.

I’ll never understand why in a rebuild, with nothing on the line, him and Doedee don’t go out for the surgery that was required.

I’ll never understand why in a rebuild, with nothing on the line, him and Doedee don’t go out for the surgery that was required.
Agree. Further, it has come to light that the club was playing these players injured. We have more than enough depth and emerging players who would benefit from playing in the big league not to have to do this. It is my hope and plea to the club not to do so this year. If a player has an injury that is affecting performance or which may be aggravated, deal with it and let it heal!

Even stranger we kept playing him when we are well out of finals contention when we could have put him in earlier for surgery.

Just like with Doedee we have a habit of playing injured players, which is crazy as it's another opportunity to give a younger player a go when we are in rebuild mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back