Pre-game drinks for the bombers game

Remove this Banner Ad

hey SS. I dont actually live in docklands and you seem to know the place well. Do you happen to know what that parking lot cost that is on the main streets, then you walk past hungry Jacks (only little one) then up the stairs past southern cross over the train tracks and to the Dome. That is pretty cheap parking by memory.

I don't live their either. But the ones you are talking about are scattered throught the city and most are Wilson parking. So a little googling got me this;

http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/melbourne-cbd

Click on Southern Cross Station and I think that's the one you are talking about near the HJ's. Otherwise as you can see on the map there is a huge amount around the place that are close enough for you to walk.

btw I'm going to create a thread with a map etc. and I'll link this thread to it, or maybe a mod can merge the threads for me. (gimmie about 5mins to make map and get all the details etc.)

why would you drive to Etihad with public transport in melbourne being what it is?

Are we talking about the James Squire Brewhouse? isn't that a decent walk from Eddie's Hat? that's up Russel Street way, the complete opposite side of the city!

If my partner and I make it we'll be the twenty-something year olds that look like teenagers wandering around in purple asking:
"um... excuse me... umm.... bigfooty... do you... um... hi."

I'll be the one wearing the smelly old Freo scarf with membership badges dating back to '99 and a badge with Saint Peter Bell's face on it.

Heave Ho.

why would you drive to Etihad with public transport in melbourne being what it is?

Are we talking about the James Squire Brewhouse? isn't that a decent walk from Eddie's Hat? that's up Russel Street way, the complete opposite side of the city!

If my partner and I make it we'll be the twenty-something year olds that look like teenagers wandering around in purple asking:
"um... excuse me... umm.... bigfooty... do you... um... hi."

I'll be the one wearing the smelly old Freo scarf with membership badges dating back to '99 and a badge with Saint Peter Bell's face on it.

Heave Ho.

SS has opened another thread with pics and a map. its not more than a 10 minute walk to etihad.

" will also have an essendon supporter with me who somewhat resembles a silver back gorrilla ."

Don't they all look like that?

Hoping for a bit of guidance from our Melbourne based brethren. I am flying in Sunday, hiring a car and dropping into Eddie's Hat for the footy before driving down to the Bellarine for a few days golf.

Where would be a reasonable place to park close to the stadium?

I park in the backstreets these days next to La Trobe St and Spencers St.
Off La Trobe St theres a street called Adderley St, if your early enough you could find parking on that street next to La Trobe but it's always full. I always seem to find parking along the streets which come off Adderley St.
Such as Batman St, Rosslyn St.

Parking is also free there during the footy anyways just gotta get there a bit earlier

Here's a map circled with places to park :)

parking.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back