Pre-season 2014/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough.

I reckon B Scott has already shown himself to be a better coach than Neeld and co though.
So much comes down to demeanour & composure under pressure.
Neeld may have had all the strategies and footy nous available. But if you cant handle the pressure of your young blokes not being good enough to carry out instructions. Then having meltdowns in the coaches box and looking like a broken man in post match pressers just make you look like a moron.
Neeld obviously was a very respected assis coach. But put ALL the pressure on him and i have never seen a coach look so out of place in a coaches box as he did.
Watters seemed to spend a lot of time starring aimlessly out the window with blank look on his face as well.
Thats what i like about Richo so far. Its hard to judge him on coaching methods so far because even if we had Jock McHale & Norm Smith as co coaches , we still wouldve finished last this season.
But the way he has remained calm and kept the players on a tight leash in regards to off field troubles has been highly impressive. His main job at the moment is to keep a very young,very ordinary football side still 'tight'together as a close knit group. So far so good:thumbsu:
Think next season will show if B.Scott has what it takes to take North to the next step. I have my doubts but i gotta agree he has Neeld and co covered already:thumbsu:

From my experience people who whinge about a game plan (or lack thereof) are the same ones who cry "Kick it long!" whenever play is switched.

The same ones also complain when the ball is turned over from a blind kick down the line "Have a look!"
I'm guilty of doing the above, but its not because i'm just some mug footy supporter that doesnt understand a switch or the like, it's because i've played the game since i was 3 years old & know what oppositions WANT us to do when we have the ball - TURN IT OVER....

I (sometimes) yell "kick it long" because I can see, as a supporter sitting in the stands, that the opposition WANT us to * around with pissy little handballs that get easily turned over because they play a high-intensity, tight, close-checking, manic defence.

Likewise, I can see that a bloke who's a poor long kick (ie: Josh Bruce) has been given a plethora of time by the opposition by covering off on all short outlets & set-up solid defence down the line, then rush at him, thus making him 'kick blind' to a 1:4 contest...

My one bit of advice for footballers is small but important: if your under pressure, kick it long down the line & as close to the boundary line as possible. If it goes out on the full, at least its a 'stoppage' in play & we can set up from it

My one bit of advice for footballers is small but important: if your under pressure, kick it long down the line & as close to the boundary line as possible. If it goes out on the full, at least its a 'stoppage' in play & we can set up from it

This is basically what ive been told to do. I dislocated my finger earlier in the year so my marking has gone downhill considerably meaning I damn well had to lead to the boundary because a dropped mark at least would go out of bounds likely.

What's with Billings' shoes? o_O
model1.jpg

Part of that might be he has the 3 premierships already. What did Neeld and Watters have?
Brad Scott has produced steady improvement and taken north from a middle of the road, non-finals playing side, to a top 4 team. Hes also got a unified admin working behind him, and has the full support of the board. I cant see how being a premiership player has any bearing on those factors.

So much comes down to demeanour & composure under pressure.
Neeld may have had all the strategies and footy nous available. But if you cant handle the pressure of your young blokes not being good enough to carry out instructions. Then having meltdowns in the coaches box and looking like a broken man in post match pressers just make you look like a moron.
Neeld obviously was a very respected assis coach. But put ALL the pressure on him and i have never seen a coach look so out of place in a coaches box as he did.
Watters seemed to spend a lot of time starring aimlessly out the window with blank look on his face as well.
Thats what i like about Richo so far. Its hard to judge him on coaching methods so far because even if we had Jock McHale & Norm Smith as co coaches , we still wouldve finished last this season.
But the way he has remained calm and kept the players on a tight leash in regards to off field troubles has been highly impressive. His main job at the moment is to keep a very young,very ordinary football side still 'tight'together as a close knit group. So far so good:thumbsu:
Think next season will show if B.Scott has what it takes to take North to the next step. I have my doubts but i gotta agree he has Neeld and co covered already:thumbsu:
Brad Scott has grown on me. But I agree, next year is a big year for him. The Roos will be dealing with some heavy expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interested to see the results....

PB's posted above and from the article:

Veteran defender Sean Dempster finished in second place, just ahead of Jack Newnes.

Former Gold Coast Sun Jeremy Taylor was fourth, while David Armitage rounded out the top five.

Maverick Weller ran a personal best time and came sixth, just one second ahead of Farren Ray and three seconds in front of Nathan Wright.

Brodie Murdoch also impressed, finishing ninth ahead of Blake Acres in 10th position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back