Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard there was an "under 23" match against Werribee, but Michael Barlow was playing for Werribee. Haven't heard any more than that though.
Wonder if that was the same thing? This is from the krock website:
Some of the players not named were due to take part an intra-club match involving Geelong’s VFL squad on Thursday night.

Looking at the injury list we are doing much better than last year. Foggy and zac smith will miss a month but they are the only significant injuries we have. Cocky is listed as a test and tuohy is touch and go for round 1 but fingers crossed, we should have pretty close to a full list to choose from come round 1.

Let’s hope our luck on the injury front continues this year after the shocking run we have had the last few years.

Looking at the injury list we are doing much better than last year. Foggy and zac smith will miss a month but they are the only significant injuries we have. Cocky is listed as a test and tuohy is touch and go for round 1 but fingers crossed, we should have pretty close to a full list to choose from come round 1.

Let’s hope our luck on the injury front continues this year after the shocking run we have had the last few years.

Yep, it was important we got to Round 1 in good health given our tough early draw. Still a game to go, mind you.

This is the only thing that gives me some hope for this season, as it makes a big difference.

Rather than being a mid-table team, we might be a Top 6 team imho.

This is the only thing that gives me some hope for this season, as it makes a big difference.

Rather than being a mid-table team, we might be a Top 6 team imho.

I'm far less worried about injuries than the observations that our slow, stilted, indirect game style remains unchanged.......

I'm far less worried about injuries than the observations that our slow, stilted, indirect game style remains unchanged.......
If at least half your backman cant kick that well and don't break lines there's not too much you can do though.
Fair chance we get really smashed if we try things we can't do.

If at least half your backman cant kick that well and don't break lines there's not too much you can do though.

It feels like we're gonna get a few smashings either way.......

We still don't have a reliable ruck, and if we don't have either the backmen to run forward, or the ability to improve their kicking skill, well, then we're in a world of strife.

And if our midfielders still prefer to run in circles, pass backwards and / or blaze the ball wildly somewhere into the F50 then such a smashing might become a regular event.

It feels like we're gonna get a few smashings either way.......

We still don't have a reliable ruck, and if we don't have either the backmen to run forward, or the ability to improve their kicking skill, well, then we're in a world of strife.

And if our midfielders still prefer to run in circles, pass backwards and / or blaze the ball wildly somewhere into the F50 then such a smashing might become a regular event.
Yeah some games on the G may not go well.
Still at KP we can still load up on tall backmen and clog up the ground.
Our style will still work well there.

We could move away from the players that can't do this, it's been an issue for years so it could have been addressed via draft and trade by now. KPP players get a pass but if you are not playing full back or centre half back and you can't kick or provide run then the VFL is thatta way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could move away from the players that can't do this, it's been an issue for years so it could have been addressed via draft and trade by now. KPP players get a pass but if you are not playing full back or centre half back and you can't kick or provide run then the VFL is thatta way.
Won't happen. Has been going on since 2012. Not sure why it will change now.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Blitz, Taylor, Hendo, Kolo, Henry all line up in rnd 1.
Basically means we're f**ked.

Won't happen. Has been going on since 2012. Not sure why it will change now.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Blitz, Taylor, Hendo, Kolo, Henry all line up in rnd 1.
Basically means we're f**ked.
Stewart and Clark will start for sure Rd 1.

They will also throw in Tuohy and Bews once they return. Clark will probably start from the inter-change.

I think Henry and Taylor will spend time forward this season.

Personally, I don't think Kolo is Best 22.

Stewart and Clark will start for sure Rd 1.

They will also throw in Tuohy and Bews once they return. Clark will probably start from the inter-change.

I think Henry and Taylor will spend time forward this season.

Personally, I don't think Kolo is Best 22.
Yeah for sure all those players will start for sure as well. If fit. (Maybe not Clark, but hopefully)
Kolo just plays no matter what.
We're gonna have a lot of backmen.
With SavRat back, it's a bit full on just to have a player selected just to relieve him.

So has Henderson been training in the forward line? Or is this just the H Sun making up sh!t..
I actually wouldn't mind him have a go at CHF as our defence is looking good... And we're not sure on how will Sav come along still as from his injury, and as his still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back