Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there training tomorrow or sometime this week? Would like to get along before starting work next week.

Will power doesn't prevent ACL injuries. Does anyone remember how Tony did his knee? I think its when its done very simply is when you need to be careful. Murphy got his under stress and it hasn't been a problem since. Clays was simple. Was Tom's knee done when Vickery tackled him or changing direction to avoid Vickery?

Will power doesn't prevent ACL injuries. Does anyone remember how Tony did his knee? I think its when its done very simply is when you need to be careful. Murphy got his under stress and it hasn't been a problem since. Clays was simple. Was Tom's knee done when Vickery tackled him or changing direction to avoid Vickery?

That's true, but it can affect how quickly you return. That was my point.

Bonts was at the UFC yesterday, saw Roughy and Tom Campbell there also. Not much to read into Bont missing. Perhaps just easing him into it more than the rest.

Declan Hamilton really doesn't look anything like an afl footballer. Kid needs a monster pre-season.
The scrawny shoulders really highlight it. McLean is a slight guy too, but he has a frame.
Spoiler tags because I hate putting semi large pics in one post.
411020-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

411015-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Really needs to stack on some kegs.

Made me very happy just now putting two and two together that the draft is in November, and therefore Bevo will be sporting the handlebar at its peak around that period. Just imagining him doing serious interviews, introducing himself to the draftees etc. :D

The scrawny shoulders really highlight it. McLean is a slight guy too, but he has a frame.
Spoiler tags because I hate putting semi large pics in one post.
411020-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

411015-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Really needs to stack on some kegs.
It's not just hamiltons upper body either. No power base from the lower body at all. Dude has work to do.

It's not just hamiltons upper body either. No power base from the lower body at all. Dude has work to do.
The height to weight measures that usually come out around February
will make interesting reading this year. You would have to say that we
got a lot more games out of the 2014 draftees than i certainly expected
because of their physical development or lack of. The sub being scraped
will be interesting to as the 2014 draftees wore the vest a lot again
because of their lack of AFL tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how Tom Boyd looked today?

He wasn't tearing up the track but was moving just as well as Campbell.

It's also the earliest he's been on the track during pre season since being drafted so he'll definitely be in better shape than he has been previously, come round 1.

Looked like he had a bit more muscle also.

He wasn't tearing up the track but was moving just as well as Campbell.

It's also the earliest he's been on the track during pre season since being drafted so he'll definitely be in better shape than he has been previously, come round 1.

Looked like he had a bit more muscle also.
I was just thinking how good it is that he was out there on day 1 of pre season and into it. I recall he seemed to spend most of his time on the exercise bike in all of the early videos last year. Its looking good for him to have a good pre season and come out bigger and better next year.

Also, watching the AFL vision of Libba, so good. Cant wait to see him back in the mid - gives us heaps of extra ball winning toughness.

Boyd started a year behind, good to see him start off with a "normal" pre season

Yeah, GWS did a number on him by making him bulk up so much so he had to drop like 10-15 kilos (tough enough) as well as building up his stamina base. And then of course there was his appendix issues so he didn't have much of a preseason.

A picture from the side isn't really saying much. Bob always had a little bit of width in his shoulders. He was just super scrawny.
$_35.JPG

Anyway, the point that fronk was making, and that I agreed with, is that Declan really needs to get his body looking a bit more like an AFL player. Which he does. To me, his small shoulders highlight how small he is.
Nothing more than that.

A picture from the side isn't really saying much. Bob always had a little bit of width in his shoulders. He was just super scrawny.
$_35.JPG

Anyway, the point that fronk was making, and that I agreed with, is that Declan really needs to get his body looking a bit more like an AFL player. Which he does. To me, his small shoulders highlight how small he is.
Nothing more than that.

Agreed.

By putting up Murph Im just saying that some guys are ectomorphs and just wont get as big as other blokes and the muscle they do put on will come more slowly, no matter what they do. But if they are good enough, they can still play. And Unless Declan IS growing as we speak, which would account for his slight muscles, he looks like a classic ecto to me.

As an aside, I dont think shoulder width of 'frame' is much of an indicator of anything except bones - Im super wide across the shoulders and a classic ectomorph (slight muscles).

Whereas Jake stringer, for example, is narrow across the shoulders, but built like a brick shithouse. Puts on muscle just thinking about the gym, I expect. Another similarity with Ablett senior who had that relatively narrow frame but super dense muscles layered on top.

upload_2015-11-17_13-22-2.png
w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
471189236-jake-stringer-of-the-bulldogs-celebrates-a-gettyimages.jpg

Speaks volumes that VFL teams were already putting so much work into him this year. He really is an extremely smart, creative player but no doubt needs time. I reckon he will make the grade.

$_35.JPG

Nothing more than that.

That photo proves that Bob Murphy is in fact an alien from the Oval planet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back