19: GWS and Richmond (lol)
20: Atletico and Fenerbahce

2015 - Hawthorn def West Coast by 56 points
2016 - Hawthorn def Port Adelaide by 28 points
2017 - West Coast def Collingwood by 5 points
2018 - GWS def Port Adelaide by 12 points
2019 - Hawthorn def GWS by 42 points
2020 - GWS def St Kilda by 33 points

I think Sydney and Fremantle will drop off big time in the next couple of years with some big names leaving and tough competition coming through.

Hawthorn will do the quadruple pretty comfortably and will bounce back and grab one more flag before the likes of GWS, St Kilda, Bulldogs and Gold Coast begin their inevitable reign at the top.

I think there will be a changing of the guard from 2020 onwards as clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and Fremantle spend some time towards the bottom of the ladder.

Carlton, Essendon, North Melbourne and Brisbane to get nowhere near it in the next ten years.

so what?
  • people go to see movies all the time knowing next to nothing about cinematography, sound editing, CGI effects, etc.
  • people go to see classical and pop music concerts knowing next to nothing about musicianship, song structure, the logistics of staging a concert or organizing a touring band.
  • people go to restaurants all the time knowing next to nothing about food prep, FIFO, clearing tables, how to make a soufflé, etc.
long story short, people do plenty of things every day without any more than a basic understanding of the thing in question.

if people choose to turn up to a football game to be entertained knowing very little about the game, who cares? good luck to them.

this BF elitist attitude that you must attend every single game your team plays to be a 'real fan', know the game inside out to have an opinion or follow a side is ridiculous.

if GWS pull it together and win a flag in 5 years, good luck to them. if no-one outside the players and coaches care, good luck to them anyway.

every team had to start sometime, including richmond. they were also the 'new guys' in 1908.
I agree with all of this. My point was poorly made, and didn't come across right.

I think Sydney and Fremantle will drop off big time in the next couple of years with some big names leaving and tough competition coming through.

Hawthorn will do the quadruple pretty comfortably and will bounce back and grab one more flag before the likes of GWS, St Kilda, Bulldogs and Gold Coast begin their inevitable reign at the top.

I think there will be a changing of the guard from 2020 onwards as clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and Fremantle spend some time towards the bottom of the ladder.

Carlton, Essendon, North Melbourne and Brisbane to get nowhere near it in the next ten years.
That you Greg Denham?

He said no other Victorian team will win a flag in the next 10 years except Hawthorn

That you Greg Denham?

He said no other Victorian team will win a flag in the next 10 years except Hawthorn
I put the next six years. I think Dogs, Saints, Pies and maybe (hopefully) the Tiges will challenge soon

Interesting that most people seem to think that GC can't make a GF in the next five years

Is it the coach? The list? Their form in 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that most people seem to think that GC can't make a GF in the next five years

Things change pretty fast. Who knows where teams will be in 2 yrs, let alone 5.

People assume Bulldogs, St Kilda and GWS will take the next step as a young team, but some teams never do.

I put the next six years. I think Dogs, Saints, Pies and maybe (hopefully) the Tiges will challenge soon
Though how soon do you think?

Most of those clubs windows will end by 2022 you'd think or would be in their twilight if they don't rejuvenate their lists, particularly in Richmond's case. Richmond are on par with Port Adelaide imo going forward right now depending on list management, very similar cases there.

Scott Clayton

Excluding your key forwards in Lynch, Wright and Dixon have a look at the Bulldogs teams under Eade from 2005-2011 then compare to who GC has currently, a lot of good ball users and outside types, not enough gritty strong inside types you'd want to go to war with.

The only elite inside mids Scott has drafted that I can recall were Ryan Griffen and Callan Ward, while Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd while limited turned out good too but not good enough come crunch time. He hasn't delivered a pack busting type mid to you guys yet though Prestia is probably the best you have on the inside he has drafted, they're all generally smaller, light framed skillful outside types who aren't suited for finals footy, losing a player like Bennell for a gun big bodied mid wouldn't hurt imo as Jack Martin will take his place and you'd fill a need that you don't really have.

2016: West Coast Vs Hawthorn
2017: Port Adelaide Vs West Coast
2018: Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle
2019: Collingwood Vs Sydney
2020: Western Bulldogs Vs St Kilda

Wow! I remember a bucketload of people on this forum who were adamant GWS and GC would be dominant for 10 years. Where did all that certainty go?

You reckon Hawthorn are gonna win a premiership when Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake, Hale and Lewis have all retired (with Roughead and Frawley also possibly retired)?

You reckon Hawthorn are gonna win a premiership when Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibson, Lake, Hale and Lewis have all retired (with Roughead and Frawley also possibly retired)?
Didn't think of that lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back