Premier A 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get the year started with some (mostly) rumour and fact to get this thread going again: -

DLS
In - Matt Fieldsend, Tom McMahon
Out - Sam Pickett (Country), Matt Hine (Country), Jack Vickers (country), Al Roberts (country), Jake Williams (VFL)

Old Xavs
In - ?
Out - David Sapuppo (retired), Patrick Ambrose (Essendon - rookie listed), Nick Wynne (VFL), Matthew Bate (Norwood - EFL)

Old Scotch
In - ?
Out - Ed Barlow (VFL), Nick Jamieson (VFL), Jordan Clarke (VFL), Lindsay Gilbee

Beaumaris
In - Raphael Clarke, Sam McBain
Out - Lachlan Boyd (interstate), Tom Buckley (Ormond - VAFA), Callan Buckley (Ormond - VAFA)

SBMT
In - Pat Nicholls
Out - Brett Collins (Cheltenham - SFL)

Uni Blacks
In - Jason Blake, Simon Hogan
Out - Brock McCauley

St Bernards
In - ?
Out - Houlihan (Airport West - EDFL)

Havent heard much yet from the other sides.

His 3rd VAFA club in 4 years and shops himself around every off-season. Can play but clearly not the greatest of clubmen. Don’t expect him to hang around if you get related as he departed OM’s and UB’s as soon as they dropped from A to B.

For someone so young he has certainly racked up a few ex clubs already. While players leaving for $ is not unusual it is strange to jump between so many ammo clubs in such a short space of time. In his defense he is a Beaumaris junior so they might get him to stick around for more than a year. Darwin - any ideas why he left the Blues?

Probably because he is a Beauy junior.

Yes I also made that point in my post Brian but it has been some time since he graced Banksia Reserve (2005 or thereabouts I believe) and he has passed through a few ammo clubs already. Blues enticed him from OM’s with a very good job, which he still has. I suspect it is more to do with him not wanting to play ‘B’ grade so the sharks would want to stay up if they want to see him beyond 2014. Being a Blues man Darwin would know more than us hence the question.

Former captain James Tyquin back to the tigers.
H.Shakib will be a big loss for the tigers. Is heading overseas.
Brett Collins is not a loss. Has not played since the A grade premiership.
Will be relying on the strong under 19's coming through and a few of them to take the next step.

Former captain James Tyquin back to the tigers.
H.Shakib will be a big loss for the tigers. Is heading overseas.
Brett Collins is not a loss. Has not played since the A grade premiership.
Will be relying on the strong under 19's coming through and a few of them to take the next step.

Old Xavs......Matt Ball to retire.

Yes I also made that point in my post Brian but it has been some time since he graced Banksia Reserve (2005 or thereabouts I believe) and he has passed through a few ammo clubs already. Blues enticed him from OM’s with a very good job, which he still has. I suspect it is more to do with him not wanting to play ‘B’ grade so the sharks would want to stay up if they want to see him beyond 2014. Being a Blues man Darwin would know more than us hence the question.
Rooster, haven't heard much besides was adamant on playing prem A and had a couple of connections at Beauy. Handy player and will be missed.

Makes sense to go out at the top. By the same token I'm a little surprised because Luke had said one of his ambitions was to finish his playing days at Xavs in the same team as his brother.

Cant be sure but I think he was getting less game time. Age may have been a factor? (Xavs keen on youth now I believe) Damo Lynch couldnt get a game in the 1s last year

Without knowing him but looking at his track record, why any club would put time into him astounds me.
Beauy junior.... Not sure that is the reason. He openly shopped himself around both of the past two seasons, training at more than one club. IF that was the case, why not go there last year?

Jack Bull to Scotch. Big news for the Cardinals. On his day he is one of the best in the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant be sure but I think he was getting less game time. Age may have been a factor? (Xavs keen on youth now I believe) Damo Lynch couldnt get a game in the 1s last year
Sad to see Lynch struggling in the twos. Was a very good player in his heyday. First forward, then back. Went a year too long perhaps.

Saw Xavs a number of times and didn't notice the skipper was deprived of game time. Thought he was among the best in fact. Will be missed both for his playing ability and on-field leadership.

Can confirm that Penski...he has gone to play with his best mate Valenti
Will be missed around the club

Any other substantial losses at Brindisi? Cleaners have certainly been put through De La Salle but seems they have been able to replace them with new and returning players.

Nothing major Jimmy...the usual ins and outs that seem to balance themselves.
VFL getting stuck into our junior ranks and have heard other A grade clubs the same

Where will Sam Pickett head if he is likely to head bush? Rate this kid extremely high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bairnsdale for $. Seems they have really opened the purse strings. Have to wonder what it does for the fabric of the club to throw big $ at ‘fly in’s from Melbourne who don’t train or engage with the club or community. A great player and even better bkoke. Big loss for De La but would be surprised if he stays more than a season.

Makes sense to go out at the top. By the same token I'm a little surprised because Luke had said one of his ambitions was to finish his playing days at Xavs in the same team as his brother.

matt is older than luke & you would think luke has at least 2 yrs left at coll thats another 3 seasons of footy dont know if his body would hold up he's not exactly a wide run & carry type player

This is message to anyone who thinks loyalty no longer exists. Read the following.

Frank will be greatly missed.

G’day All
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of our much loved and respected Frank Henagan. Frank passed away on 8 January 2014 at 2.20am in the Epworth hospital after a brief illness. Frank was 80 years young.
Frank’s story at the Blues is a one of hard work, respect, caring and passion. Following a brief period as boundary umpire for Club in the early 1960’s, Frank moved to the VFL as a professional boundary umpire where he officiated for more than 10 years. He returned to Blues in 1973, and has served Melbourne University Football Club ever since, becoming a life member in 1977.
Frank’s roles with University Blues included Senior Boundary Umpire for more than 10 years, fitness coach for Blues Senior and Under 19 teams (and 2 years with the Blacks), committeeman, Under 19 coach, Under 19 team manager, Under 19 runner, Under 19 goal umpire, and most recently Under 19 timekeeper.
Frank was also heavily involved in College football at the University, coaching Trinity College to only their second college football premiership in 1994.
Frank was a friend to countless generations of University Blues footballers and a key part of the clubs training nights and match day administration for 40 years and will be sadly missed by all of the Blues Community.
A funeral for Frank will be held at Trinity College Chapel on Royal Parade in Parkville at 10.30am on Monday 13 January and while limited seating is available in the Chapel, overflow seating with a live video stream of the service will be available to accommodate all attendees.
After the service there will be an opportunity to gather and remember Frank in the Trinity College Dining Hall.
Kind regards

Joseph Sturrock
President
Melbourne University Blues Football Club

This is message to anyone who thinks loyalty no longer exists. Read the following.

Frank will be greatly missed.

G’day All
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of our much loved and respected Frank Henagan. Frank passed away on 8 January 2014 at 2.20am in the Epworth hospital after a brief illness. Frank was 80 years young.
Frank’s story at the Blues is a one of hard work, respect, caring and passion. Following a brief period as boundary umpire for Club in the early 1960’s, Frank moved to the VFL as a professional boundary umpire where he officiated for more than 10 years. He returned to Blues in 1973, and has served Melbourne University Football Club ever since, becoming a life member in 1977.
Frank’s roles with University Blues included Senior Boundary Umpire for more than 10 years, fitness coach for Blues Senior and Under 19 teams (and 2 years with the Blacks), committeeman, Under 19 coach, Under 19 team manager, Under 19 runner, Under 19 goal umpire, and most recently Under 19 timekeeper.
Frank was also heavily involved in College football at the University, coaching Trinity College to only their second college football premiership in 1994.
Frank was a friend to countless generations of University Blues footballers and a key part of the clubs training nights and match day administration for 40 years and will be sadly missed by all of the Blues Community.
A funeral for Frank will be held at Trinity College Chapel on Royal Parade in Parkville at 10.30am on Monday 13 January and while limited seating is available in the Chapel, overflow seating with a live video stream of the service will be available to accommodate all attendees.
After the service there will be an opportunity to gather and remember Frank in the Trinity College Dining Hall.
Kind regards

Joseph Sturrock
President
Melbourne University Blues Football Club

All clubs could do with a bloke like this by the sound of things!

matt is older than luke & you would think luke has at least 2 yrs left at coll thats another 3 seasons of footy dont know if his body would hold up he's not exactly a wide run & carry type player

I hear on the grape vine.......Xavs have lost: Colbert, Wynne, Pat Ambrose, Murphy Ambrose, Ball, Rogerson. A big ruckman they had last year? Goss not playing 1st half of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back