B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the 2 sides that came down from A last year. OMs lost probably 20 of their best 30 from last year. Any club that lost the likes of Taylor (Vermont), Henley (Vermont), Gardiner (injured), Dunnell (St Kilda), Campbell (Western Bulldogs), Lombardozzi (Frankston), Freezer (Bendigo), Morgan (retired), Davis (retired), Prowse (retired), Young (Wonthaggi), Davidson (retired), Harvey (retired), Nash (Uni Blues), Sengstock (??), Leiws (Marby Park) would struggle the following year, despite going down a grade.

Yes chaps they have gone, but I am not sure anyone at OM's is bemoaning their absence too much. Sure we miss some of them, but I miss lots of things that I once loved, like Dee's wins, like when the MCC was just for men, and like the days before sexual harrassment legislation - I mean whats wrong with a little lecherous behaviour in the office eh. Since when did a little pinch on the arse ever kill anyone....

Sorry Barrass, lost myself there for a minute..... back to the football. I think you will find that the Junction Oval is a very happy place to be this yahr, with a young list of lads from the bluestone (not the same bluestone the Oakleigh boys are from) enjoying a few jolly games of football before they skip off for the winter sabbatical to Tuscany, the French Riviera or this year perhaps they'll take in a little of the Olympics in the mother country, mmm, what!

Ah do tend to agree that the gulf between Top 4 A Grade and the rest is substantial, but there are also huge fluctuations in sides fortunes from yahr to yahr - last yahr any of 4 or 5 sides could have been relegated. Almost everyone ah know was hoping it was going to be the Scotch Finger biscuits that got dunked, but alas, they survived by one game and now look at them - sitting pretty in the four with a sniff of a chance! God help us.

And before I saghn off, a little message for you FWAW. It was 2009 when OM's won B Grade with 90% of the list being boys from the Grammaaaaar. The other 10% was an affirmative action policy encouraging people from "the outside" to assimilate amongst us. It's a little like the reason we allow morons like you to post on BigFooty - makes us all feel much better about ourselves.

Must run. Off to lunch at the Baths.
Hoo Roo.

Beaumaris
Old Melburnians
Uni Blacks
Werribee
SKOB

Apropro of nothing, does anyone else find it odd that Tribunal results on the website never reflect the not guilty/dismissed/adjourned cases? Just the guilty ones?

Reported players are listed on the site, but disappear into the ether if there's no guilty verdict. I'm sure there's a good reason why, but isn't it just as relevant to vindicate the innocent (or lucky in some cases) as well as name/shame the guilty?

Beaumaris vs Ajax
Old Brighton vs Old Melburnians
Old Ivanhoe vs University Blacks
Werribee vs Oakleigh
St Kevins vs Old Haileybury

Werribee up to their old tricks again. Their behaviour has been disgraceful for years! Good to see the Ammos finally putting their foot down with this embarrassment of a club for their off field antics.

Werribee Districts charged with conduct unbecoming in that its club spectators and did not behave in a manner not fitting the values of the Victorian Amateur Football Association during their senior match against University Blacks on 12 May.

Werribee fined $500 and placed on $500 bond contingent on the club not being found guilty of a similar offence for the balance of the 2012 season

Werribee up to their old tricks again. Their behaviour has been disgraceful for years! Good to see the Ammos finally putting their foot down with this embarrassment of a club for their off field antics.

Werribee Districts charged with conduct unbecoming in that its club spectators and did not behave in a manner not fitting the values of the Victorian Amateur Football Association during their senior match against University Blacks on 12 May.

Werribee fined $500 and placed on $500 bond contingent on the club not being found guilty of a similar offence for the balance of the 2012 season

What was that kreuzer? Can't hear you from all the way down there in D1.

Back to your own board. FLOG.

What was that kreuzer? Can't hear you from all the way down there in D1.

Back to your own board. FLOG.

Typical abusive response we have all come to expect from your club. Only club is the last 10 years that had their supporters openly drinking in the crowd at Friar park and swore at officials for asking them to stop...and I won't even go into my experiences at the away games. It is sad to see that nothing has changed, does there need to be a change of president to set the tone for your club on how to behave?

Well done to the ammos for taking action.

Typical abusive response we have all come to expect from your club. Only club is the last 10 years that had their supporters openly drinking in the crowd at Friar park and swore at officials for asking them to stop...and I won't even go into my experiences at the away games. It is sad to see that nothing has changed, does there need to be a change of president to set the tone for your club on how to behave?

Well done to the ammos for taking action.

I bet you cry yourself to sleep every night knowing that we are playing in B grade and your club can't even cut the mustard in D. It takes more than just a group of players to be at this standard, it takes a great CLUB, and that is exactly what we have.

Funny how you were so quiet in 2010/11 when friars were JUNK you had nothing to say and the moment anything negative comes our way you're all over us.

You must be totally and utterly jealous to be thinking about us in the back of your mind waiting for us to slip up in the tiniest of ways.

Good luck to the friar boys for the rest of year. Good riddance for kreuzer.

I bet you cry yourself to sleep every night knowing that we are playing in B grade and your club can't even cut the mustard in D. It takes more than just a group of players to be at this standard, it takes a great CLUB, and that is exactly what we have.

Funny how you were so quiet in 2010/11 when friars were JUNK you had nothing to say and the moment anything negative comes our way you're all over us.

You must be totally and utterly jealous to be thinking about us in the back of your mind waiting for us to slip up in the tiniest of ways.

Good luck to the friar boys for the rest of year. Good riddance for kreuzer.

Yes Panda I cry myself to sleep every night because you guys are in B grade :rolleyes:

Just worry about clearing out the riff raff from your club so players and spectators can feel safe when going to the footy.

Yes Panda I cry myself to sleep every night because you guys are in B grade :rolleyes:

Just worry about clearing out the riff raff from your club so players and spectators can feel safe when going to the footy.

this is good s**t boys keep it up -

looking forward (even more) to going out to werribee tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Oakliegh boys in that Black Ute who drink will be more than happy out at Werribee so it seems? ;)

Tough games this week again, don't be surprised if we see some major upsets as unavailabilities and injuries start taking their toll.

I'll take The Drunks from Werribee ( :)) )Beauy, Old Brighton (Back in town), Uni Blacks( 50-50 this game) and SKOB, another 50-50.

Good luck lads!

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. But here it goes…

Brian – not in the habit of arguing with morons, not going to change this now. To think that you post something, log out, then log back in as another alias to agree with yourself shows a fair bit about where you’re at in life. Some things never change.

FWIW – granted, recruiting policy last year blew up in the OMs’ face. In terms of “2008”, I think you’ll find 20 of the premiership 22 were OM’s and the only reason it wasn’t 21 was that one of them grew up in Brisbane. Refer to first sentence above addressed to Brian.

DD – re-read my post and think I think you’ll find I’m not blaming anything for OM’s season thus far. I wouldn’t need to because in fact I’m pretty rapt with how the lads are faring. Lost 3 games to the top 3 sides on the ladder and were only disgraced once (for a half). The point I was trying to make was that a side that struggled in A Grade last year, and lost 20 or so quality players, is still doing alright in B Grade. I think that highlights the gulf between the two comps, which was the point I was trying (obviously unsuccessfully!) to make.

Rahrah – again, not bemoaning anything! It was the clean out the Club had to have because obviously something went terribly awry last year. From all reports coach Brown has galvanised this young Club and are performing at, if not above expectations. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see OM’s completely drop their bundle. At this stage that doesn’t appear to have happened. Although you’re right, the European summer is just around the corner…

I'm with you barrass!
I love the clean out analogy - quite fond of an occasional colonic irrigation myself.

(ps - See you in saint moritz)

Brian – not in the habit of arguing with morons, not going to change this now. To think that you post something, log out, then log back in as another alias to agree with yourself shows a fair bit about where you’re at in life. Some things never change.

Hopefully Ron won't let you down and will post soon, just goes to show your'e the moron, perhaps read some of the history of his posts!

FWIW, no-one outside of OM's cares about O'M's!!!

Kruze me old mate! Friars let you back on bigfooty?

How are the old friar tucks going?

Good to see ya haven't changed. Hopefully friars can pull the digit out and get up a few grades so we can take off from before you got banned!

Hopefully Ron won't let you down and will post soon, just goes to show your'e the moron, perhaps read some of the history of his posts!

FWIW, no-one outside of OM's cares about O'M's!!!

I have to agree with your Brian on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back