Premier B - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be surprised to see a major upset on the cards in the Premier B Grand Final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put your house on The Grammar then Jase!

Shame for SBMT to have (reportedly) played well enough to nearly win promotion last week, get rolled, and then fall so easily after half time yesterday.

Can't help but feel it's a waste of a season for them?

It is a waste. But 3 into 2 doesn't go. The big 3 in B as far as depth and therefore cabability of doing well in A next year were always going to be SKOB clearly, and then Melb and STBM.
The fact the senior and ressies GF's will be both SKOB vs Melb, indicates the strongest two clubs are moving up.
Go APS!

It is a waste. But 3 into 2 doesn't go. The big 3 in B as far as depth and therefore cabability of doing well in A next year were always going to be SKOB clearly, and then Melb and STBM.
The fact the senior and ressies GF's will be both SKOB vs Melb, indicates the strongest two clubs are moving up.
Go APS!

While for most of the season the Tigers looked the 2nd best side in the grade (albeit a fair way behind SKOBs) I tend to agree that the strongest 2 clubs are going up. If I can play devils advocate I’m not entirely convinced St Bedes were ready to go straight back up to 'A' grade.

Remember they only won 3 games in Premier last season and looking at their current list there is sameness about it. They would have had to recruit heavily to make any impact and the core of players who have sustained them are now a few years older. Great to see their 2s in the GF next week but in ‘A’ grade their ressies had been poor for several season and their 19s finished in the bottom half of the 2nd U19 grade.

SKOBs on the other hand are a ready made ‘A’ grade team who I expect will make an immediate impact. Not sure how OMs will fare. Anyone know where their home ground will be?

Put your house on The Grammar then Jase!

Shame for SBMT to have (reportedly) played well enough to nearly win promotion last week, get rolled, and then fall so easily after half time yesterday.

Can't help but feel it's a waste of a season for them?
So you want Jase to become homeless Scribe? :p

While for most of the season the Tigers looked the 2nd best side in the grade (albeit a fair way behind SKOBs) I tend to agree that the strongest 2 clubs are going up. If I can play devils advocate I’m not entirely convinced St Bedes were ready to go straight back up to 'A' grade.

Remember they only won 3 games in Premier last season and looking at their current list there is sameness about it. They would have had to recruit heavily to make any impact and the core of players who have sustained them are now a few years older. Great to see their 2s in the GF next week but in ‘A’ grade their ressies had been poor for several season and their 19s finished in the bottom half of the 2nd U19 grade.

SKOBs on the other hand are a ready made ‘A’ grade team who I expect will make an immediate impact. Not sure how OMs will fare. Anyone know where their home ground will be?

Think OM's still remain homeless. Fawkner Park has apparently got the thumbs down from the powers that be.

Go APS!
I think you'll find the St Bedes 2s beat SKOBS easily yesterday

Think OM's still remain homeless. Fawkner Park has apparently got the thumbs down from the powers that be.

Shame. I quite enjoyed the Cordner oval. While the rooms were average and parking could be a hassle the bird life was spectacular, and I’m not talking about the feathered variety.

While most in the VAFA community will be picking St Kevins to win the Premier B Grand Final by an average of 40-60points and so complete an undefeated season, I still think a major upset will happen on Saturday. If Old Melburnians stay with SKOBs throughout the whole game-in fact, if OMs are 10 points or less down coming into the final quarter, don't be surprised to see them overrun SKOBs and pull off a major upset.

Old Melburnians to win the Premier B Grand Final by 14 points.

While most in the VAFA community will be picking St Kevins to win the Premier B Grand Final by an average of 40-60points and so complete an undefeated season, I still think a major upset will happen on Saturday. If Old Melburnians stay with SKOBs throughout the whole game-in fact, if OMs are 10 points or less down coming into the final quarter, don't be surprised to see them overrun SKOBs and pull off a major upset.

Old Melburnians to win the Premier B Grand Final by 14 points.

Saw the OMs v SKOB encounter at King during the year, Jase. It was little more than a training drill for SKOB. On that performance SKOB could give OMs 5 goals start and still win by plenty. OMs only hope is for half the SKOB senior list to be unavailable. Or they choke.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big Tank Nank dominated against OM's in the home and away - tried to hide him by naming him 3rd best for the day. In the return match, he tore it up, in fact so much they virtually subbed him off just before half time. Shame.

Great comeback. Well deserved flag. 2 APS teams headed back to A. Juggernaut rolling on.

Yep the juggernaut rolls on. Perhaps tomorrows two ‘A’ grade grand finalist and the other 2 clubs that made up the final 4 in the top grade will do the honorable thing and drop back a grade or 2 to make way for a few more APS “juggernauts”. Seems only right and proper that the elite people from the elite school get to play in the elite grade.

There is simply no place for the ruffians from St Bernards, Trinty, De La and the 2 Uni sides.

Rah Rah !!

Saw Old Haileybury v Monash at Sandringham today. Old Haileybury won 13.18 (96) to Monash 6.12 (48). Haileybury led at every change and were victorious by 48 points.

Saw Old Haileybury v Monash at Sandringham today. Old Haileybury won 13.18 (96) to Monash 6.12 (48). Haileybury led at every change and were victorious by 48 points.

Who cares Jason, this is the B grade thread.

Great game at EP today, the first team since 1955 to go undefeated and win the premiership and only the third team in 123 years to achieve the feat.

Was great to see half of the De La seniors at the SKOB huddle at 3QT pumping the boys up.

Who cares Jason, this is the B grade thread.

Great game at EP today, the first team since 1955 to go undefeated and win the premiership and only the third team in 123 years to achieve the feat.

Was great to see half of the De La seniors at the SKOB huddle at 3QT pumping the boys up.

Well-done Brian. A wonderful achievement to go through a season undefeated. Jon Edgar coached a lot of those boys to U19 flags at De La so plenty hoping SKOBs would salute for his sake.

Good to see a couple of hard nosed ACC blokes (Harford & Edgar) get you blokes over the line;):thumbsu:

Yep the juggernaut rolls on. Perhaps tomorrows two ‘A’ grade grand finalist and the other 2 clubs that made up the final 4 in the top grade will do the honorable thing and drop back a grade or 2 to make way for a few more APS “juggernauts”. Seems only right and proper that the elite people from the elite school get to play in the elite grade.

There is simply no place for the ruffians from St Bernards, Trinty, De La and the 2 Uni sides.

Rah Rah !!

Rah Rah from yourself. I'm not sure why you get upset. I don't consider APS Schools better than 'ruffians' you mentioned. I just like to see them do well as that's my background. I like bringing the rivalries from school days alive again. I'm surprised this is an issue for you. I'm happy 2 APS schools are going to A to make it 5. Nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back