B Section Premier B - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You only need to have a crap at Uni and you are 1 point , they are a joke
Not really sure what you are on about here, this was the number of players used at each club so far this year.
Would have thought Blacks would be on par with every other club in B Grade in terms of recruits each year.

How about Will Mitchell for Carey on the weekend (brother of Tom). 49 touches against St. Bedes and was being tagged by #28 from St. Bedes !!

Unreal performance

Had another commitment on Saturday so not able to provide a wrap of the DLS v Beauy game (thank goodness I hear you say!) Despite the margin I am advised that the game was much closer in general play then the scoreboard suggests. After some indifferent early season form we now find ourselves in 4th place having played teams placed 1, 2 and 3.

I did hear from another VAFA watcher that there was some major controversy at the Ajax V Willy game. With seconds to play and right in front of a very vocal (or perhaps even hostile) home crowd, a goal mouth scramble was emphatically ruled touched and given a behind by the goal umpire. Howls of protest resulted in the field and boundaries conferring and the decision being overruled with a goal paid, despite the goal umpire being in the best position. Ball returned to the centre and siren goes with Jackas winning by a few points.

Could not really get a sense from the VAFA TV if it were the right call or not so I guess we have to trust the judgment of the man in charge but the Willy boys perhaps have every right to be disappointed. Either way while CYMS seem unbeatable at home but yet to register a win on the road.

Had another commitment on Saturday so not able to provide a wrap of the DLS v Beauy game (thank goodness I hear you say!) Despite the margin I am advised that the game was much closer in general play then the scoreboard suggests. After some indifferent early season form we now find ourselves in 4th place having played teams placed 1, 2 and 3.

I did hear from another VAFA watcher that there was some major controversy at the Ajax V Willy game. With seconds to play and right in front of a very vocal (or perhaps even hostile) home crowd, a goal mouth scramble was emphatically ruled touched and given a behind by the goal umpire. Howls of protest resulted in the field and boundaries conferring and the decision being overruled with a goal paid, despite the goal umpire being in the best position. Ball returned to the centre and siren goes with Jackas winning by a few points.

Could not really get a sense from the VAFA TV if it were the right call or not so I guess we have to trust the judgment of the man in charge but the Willy boys perhaps have every right to be disappointed. Either way while CYMS seem unbeatable at home but yet to register a win on the road.
Max "I should get over it, but" Leader

Oh dear... if there is any doubt, the lesser score shall be paid...
That's what I thought. The goal umpire was very emphatic with his touched ruling and made the call straight away. Not sure why the fieldy did not support the goal umpires adjudication. Do we surmise he was perhaps influenced by the crowd? Wonder if the same result would have applied if it occurred at the other end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, it happens. I made three scoring errors (in seven years) where a fieldie came running in and my first and only thought was "what's he seen that I haven't?"

It's stressed that umpiring is a team effort and if another umpire has sufficient reason to doubt your call, you have to take their input seriously.

That's fatal for confidence because unless you can tune out the self-doubt you'll be second-guessing every marginal decision from then on. It doesn't help matters when the endless replays in your head confirm that you were right and you should have told the fieldie there was no doubt you made the correct call.

Being overruled is a different kettle of fish, fortunately I was spared that embarrassment.

Round 6
Beaumaris
St Bedes
Williamstown - Parkdale reserves have forfeited this morning which is sad to hear.
Uni blacks
De La

good luck to all

Sharks over Roys
Brindisi Street Tigers over Jackas
Willy over Vultures
OH over Blacks (just)
Dairy Bell De La over Panthers

Solid win by the Bellers yesterday and score does not reflect the effort. Down 2 players by the 10 min mark of the first Q and only only 1 fit rotation for most of the 2nd half. Carey kicked the last 3 goals of the game in junk time to make the margin more presentable but by then we were cooked. They have some upside though. Lots of good young kids and would be very surprised if they don’t survive. Horrible breeze blowing straight across the ground made for a fairly ugly spectacle and not one for the archives. Had heard OC depth had improved but the 2s game saw a very comfortable DLS win.

Not sure if this is reflected with other teams but we seem to be having a huge number of soft tissue injures with a few more “hammys’ yesterday. On the upside a couple more graduating U19s debut yesterday and did well.

On another note – easy in hindsight but seeing Parkdale’s struggles I now believe the comp would have been much better served if they went to C and one of Monash, Ormond or OGs chose to test themselves the higher level. Monash probably look best placed to have made the move but can understand the reluctance. Parkdale are simply not competitive and their reserves, having forfeited their last two games, have indicated it is unlikely they will field a side for the remainder of the year. A terrible look for this to happen at any level but especially in one of the Premier grades.

Solid win by the Bellers yesterday and score does not reflect the effort. Down 2 players by the 10 min mark of the first Q and only only 1 fit rotation for most of the 2nd half. Carey kicked the last 3 goals of the game in junk time to make the margin more presentable but by then we were cooked. They have some upside though. Lots of good young kids and would be very surprised if they don’t survive. Horrible breeze blowing straight across the ground made for a fairly ugly spectacle and not one for the archives. Had heard OC depth had improved but the 2s game saw a very comfortable DLS win.

Not sure if this is reflected with other teams but we seem to be having a huge number of soft tissue injures with a few more “hammys’ yesterday. On the upside a couple more graduating U19s debut yesterday and did well.

On another note – easy in hindsight but seeing Parkdale’s struggles I now believe the comp would have been much better served if they went to C and one of Monash, Ormond or OGs chose to test themselves the higher level. Monash probably look best placed to have made the move but can understand the reluctance. Parkdale are simply not competitive and their reserves, having forfeited their last two games, have indicated it is unlikely they will field a side for the remainder of the year. A terrible look for this to happen at any level but especially in one of the Premier grades.
No. I get the fact it’s not a good look but we can’t start allowing sides to determine their preferred grade. You play in the grade you’re in and some years that’s going to be tough. This years situation reflects on Parkdale FC, not on the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back