University BlacksFitzroyUniversity Blacks
1st SEMIFINAL
COBURG CITY OVAL 11:40am SUN 4/9
vsvs
De La SalleDe La SalleDe La Salle
Old Carey

Last edited:
View attachment 1493741

Congratulations to AnimalEnclosure for doing the Bradbury and finishing equal top in the tipping. After I'd led it all year <gnash teeth>. Normally we'd do a countback of fivers, but with only four games per round, we do a countback of fourers... and AnimalEnclosure takes out the win 7-6. Results are provisional and will be confirmed at the awards night.
Bit harsh with the Bradbury comparison OTP - tips were pretty good apart from round six. I can only imagine how upset you would've been if St Bedes kicked straight in the final round, instead of the draw!
I'm more than happy to say it should be a tie at the top of the table.
Again, thanks for organising. I'm tipping an OH v UB grand final.
Looking forward to seeing how St Bernards and Old Trinity go in B-section 2023, and hoping that this time Monash will accept the invitation to make it a 10-team comp again (if they make the C grand final).

Bit harsh with the Bradbury comparison OTP - tips were pretty good apart from round six. I can only imagine how upset you would've been if St Bedes kicked straight in the final round, instead of the draw!
I'm more than happy to say it should be a tie at the top of the table.
Again, thanks for organising. I'm tipping an OH v UB grand final.
Looking forward to seeing how St Bernards and Old Trinity go in B-section 2023, and hoping that this time Monash will accept the invitation to make it a 10-team comp again (if they make the C grand final).
Let's hope there's no invitations and no choices given to clubs this year or ever again. The competition rules should be clear. Clubs get relegated and promoted according to the rules not by application.

Let's hope there's no invitations and no choices given to clubs this year or ever again. The competition rules should be clear. Clubs get relegated and promoted according to the rules not by application.
Best case scenario: Monash make the GF and therefore are promoted to B, but miss out on the premiership, which would seem to be the reason they fought to stay in C-section 12 months ago.

Fought to stay? More like declined the opportunity to apply for promotion.

Sorry you’re all upset and hurt inside, try meditating.
Are you serious, you blokes were weak and showed your true colours hopefully the footy gods make you pay.

OTP thanks for coordinating the timing again this year.
Good luck to those in the finals,

I see N Gown suspended trial by video, I wonder if they appeal, will need OH to win both games to play in the GF.

I think Blacks will take it out with beauy runners up

Are you serious, you blokes were weak and showed your true colours hopefully the footy gods make you pay.
Genuine question beebee gun - are Old Geelong and Ormond weak or just Monash ? They were both offered promotion but declined. If memory serves Ormond knocked off Monash in their last 2021 meeting so it seems they also had strong claims to go up. What about Parkdale? Are they weak for demanding demotion to C grade, thereby impacting 19 other clubs?

In my view it's not Monash who are weak but the previous hierarchy from VAFA HQ who allowed this whole sorry shambolic episode to take place. Monash, Ormond OGs and anyone else has the right to earn promotion to B grade by either winning or making a C grade grand final. No club should be expected to bail out the VAFA because of their poor decisions.

Last edited:
Genuine question beebee gun - are Old Geelong and Ormond weak or just Monash ? They were both offered promotion but declined. If memory serves Ormond knocked off Monash in their last 2021 meeting so it seems they also had strong claims to go up. What about Parkdale? Are they weak for demanding demotion to C grade, thereby impacting 19 other clubs?

In my view it's not Monash who are weak but the previous hierarchy from VAFA HQ who allowed this whole sorry shambolic episode to take place. Monash, Ormond OGs and anyone else has the right to earn promotion to B grade by either winning or making a C grade grand final. No club should be expected to bail out the VAFA because of their poor decisions.
You are clutching at straws with this ????? Suggesting that Parkdale are weak for trying to compete in B grade with a very young team after losing a s..t load of players for various reasons and then copping defeats every week but still trying to be competitive and trying to re-build and develop through the season.
They didn't demand to get relegated, they were resigned to the fact. This issue is why didn't certain teams take up the opportunity to play a higher grade of Football ???? Don't put Ormond into this as they a middle of the road club in C grade and are treading water, maybe Monash could be the club that has a bucket full of egg on their faces after the finals.

You are clutching at straws with this ????? Suggesting that Parkdale are weak for trying to compete in B grade with a very young team after losing a s..t load of players for various reasons and then copping defeats every week but still trying to be competitive and trying to re-build and develop through the season.
They didn't demand to get relegated, they were resigned to the fact. This issue is why didn't certain teams take up the opportunity to play a higher grade of Football ???? Don't put Ormond into this as they a middle of the road club in C grade and are treading water, maybe Monash could be the club that has a bucket full of egg on their faces after the finals.
Read the post again. I'm suggesting VAFA HQ are weak, not Parkdale or anybody else. The clubs involved did what was best for their club in the circumstances.

While I personally think it was a flawed decision based on the impact it has had across two grades, I don’t blame Parkdale for doing what they thought was best for them as a club. Problem was it created a $hit result for 19 other clubs and that is on the VAFA.

(PS - I only referenced Ormond as they were one of the 3 clubs offered the opportunity based on 2021 ladder positions when the season was abandoned).

Last edited:

Ormond knew they were losing the virtual spine , so made the right call . Old Geelong are just themselves

So, who else will be at Coburg on Sunday
I am at Coburg on Sunday for the Ressies 1st Semi Final. Fingers crossed for the Panthers.

As for the C Grade debacle with length of season. I can't see why the VAFA thought it imperative that everyone play everyone twice making 20 rounds.
Don't blame Parkdale for wanting to go down and certainly don't blame Monash for not accepting a promotion gift.
It is what it is and 2023 will/should be all back to normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am at Coburg on Sunday for the Ressies 1st Semi Final. Fingers crossed for the Panthers.

As for the C Grade debacle with length of season. I can't see why the VAFA thought it imperative that everyone play everyone twice making 20 rounds.
Don't blame Parkdale for wanting to go down and certainly don't blame Monash for not accepting a promotion gift.
It is what it is and 2023 will/should be all back to normal.
Playing each other twice is on the clubs in C. They were given multiple options & that was the popular vote.

Not sure how Monash has egg on face? If we don’t win the flag this year then that justifies our call to not apply for promotion. We were clearly not the best team in the comp. You can tip your egg bucket on whoever beats us.

What happens with relegation/promotion this year between prem B/C? Two up and two down wouldn’t solve our problem.

Any feedback on the game on Saturday? I've only looked at the scores and it looked like a very one sided contest.

I did predict that UB and OH would contest the GF, did Beaumaris miss a golden opportunity to head to the promised land?

Hopefully the other Blue and Gold team can win the 2's flag and bring some success to De La for 2022!

Any feedback on the game on Saturday? I've only looked at the scores and it looked like a very one sided contest.

I did predict that UB and OH would contest the GF, did Beaumaris miss a golden opportunity to head to the promised land?

Hopefully the other Blue and Gold team can win the 2's flag and bring some success to De La for 2022!
Haileybury ball movement and teamwork way too good,seemed to have the VFL players back, Beaumaris have seemed flat for about a month now, Heath and Nardino ended up on the bench injured and big Cusack unavailable, should be a good Grand Final this weekend as Uni won’t have it all their own way

Saw a bit on the live stream. OH’s form has seemed to ebb and flow based on VFL availability. They were loaded with talent now the VFL season is over for most clubs and put out a very strong team. From what I saw Lonie was unstoppable. Beaumaris late season and finals form has been very ordinary. I think most called Blacks and OH for A grade and Trinity and St Bernard for B grade in 2023 just a few rounds in so no real surprises the way it has panned out. Hippster is beside himself as we have 8 APS and 2 Melbourne Uni clubs in Premier next season. Rah Rah…… None of these 2nd class Catholics or pesky AGSV types.

While you are ultimately judged on your senior team, De La reserves have been thereabouts all season so good to see them get the chance for some silverware. It seems the seniors were more inclined to dip into the U19s then the ressies so the 2s had a core group for much of the season. After a rocky start and a horrendous patch mid-season the seniors finished the season strongly and uncovered some ripping young talent. Would be good for the club to end on a bit of hjgh.

Saw a bit on the live stream. OH’s form has seemed to ebb and flow based on VFL availability. They were loaded with talent now the VFL season is over for most clubs and put out a very strong team. From what I saw Lonie was unstoppable. Beaumaris late season and finals form has been very ordinary. I think most called Blacks and OH for A grade and Trinity and St Bernard for B grade in 2023 just a few rounds in so no real surprises the way it has panned out. Hippster is beside himself as we have 8 APS and 2 Melbourne Uni clubs in Premier next season. Rah Rah…… None of these 2nd class Catholics or pesky AGSV types.

While you are ultimately judged on your senior team, De La reserves have been thereabouts all season so good to see them get the chance for some silverware. It seems the seniors were more inclined to dip into the U19s then the ressies so the 2s had a core group for much of the season. After a rocky start and a horrendous patch mid-season the seniors finished the season strongly and uncovered some ripping young talent. Would be good for the club to end on a bit of hjgh.
Not quite across the Points System but Beaumaris on 22 and Uni and OH on 35/36 but it is what it is

Good to see OH back in A grade and I agree it'll be a good close grand final between two strong sides in OH and Uni Blacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back