Fitzroy
University BlacksFitzroyUniversity Blacks
1st SEMIFINAL
COBURG CITY OVAL 11:40am SUN 4/9
vsvs
De La SalleDe La SalleDe La Salle
Old Carey

Last edited:
You must have inside info on OH as Beaumaris 4 wins clear in 2nd and beaten Haileybury twice in regular Season but saying that only team ready for A Grade at this stage is Uni Blacks

They only need to beat them once.

I certainly agree, without wholesale recruiting Blacks would be the only team that would have a chance of staying up.

Is the final 4 set in concrete? Can Ajax win the last 2 and close the % gap or will the Roy boys kick a cricket score against Carey and close out the season in style?

I'm still confident of a Blacks v OH GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To quote you there is more to being a good club than just onfield results. I barely saw a De La supporter under 70 and not sure where the tradition of 2s players congregating behind the goals has gone? Well I saw Old Carey's 2s there in numbers however I think all of De La's disappeared straight after the game. I'm not sure you should throw bricks in glass houses Jimmy? We are probably C Grade bound but are young, determined and will be back. I'm not sure you are in that much a better situation
Have always been brutally honest in my assessment of my club. Sometimes in reviewing our performance I have provided honest commentary on others, which on one occasion seemed to offend and invoked a furious response. No doubt we hit rock bottom with a mid-season loss to Carey, albeit while fielding a very young and under strength side. But at the time we were playing without any passion, system or leadership and at that point I wondered where our next win would come from. However across the last 3 weeks we have beaten 3 teams above us on the ladder, including 2 teams in the 4. Have shown a fair bit of heart and are now miraculously a chance for September action.

Sometimes necessity is the mother of opportunity. Like many clubs we have had to dip into our U19s (in reality U20s) and have played a minimum 6 and at times 8 or 9 under’s in the seniors each week. This has obviously impacted on our 19 Premier team who have endured a tough year propping up our seniors, but from a long-term perspective it has uncovered some absolute gems.

Will probably have to roll Blacks at the Uni in the last game to play finals and that looks unlikely. But after 3 hammerings in the first 3 rounds, all our losses since have been by small margins , with 2 of those coming virtually on the last kick. That will cost us a place in September. To be honest I think we are the 4th best side in it this year and if somehow we fluked a place in the big dance I despair what would happen to our group in A grade. There is a chasm between A and B and at the moment we are miles of being competitive in the top division.

Have done plenty wrong this year as a club but to the poster who suggested that we are in no better situation then they are - I think I can confidently say we are and by a fair margin.

In regard to yesterday. The Jackas play with plenty of spirit and we just could not shake them. They are well supported, particularly at home (but I do feel sorry for them having to play on that goat track – more weeds than grass and a bumpy, uneven and perilous playing surface). I thought we controlled the game but as happened many times this year we almost found a way to lose. After a difficult, stop start season, it is nice to go into the last 2 games with some hope.

Have always been brutally honest in my assessment of my club. Sometimes in reviewing our performance I have provided honest commentary on others, which on one occasion seemed to offend and invoked a furious response. No doubt we hit rock bottom with a mid-season loss to Carey, albeit while fielding a very young and under strength side. But at the time we were playing without any passion, system or leadership and at that point I wondered where our next win would come from. However across the last 3 weeks we have beaten 3 teams above us on the ladder, including 2 teams in the 4. Have shown a fair bit of heart and are now miraculously a chance for September action.

Sometimes necessity is the mother of opportunity. Like many clubs we have had to dip into our U19s (in reality U20s) and have played a minimum 6 and at times 8 or 9 under’s in the seniors each week. This has obviously impacted on our 19 Premier team who have endured a tough year propping up our seniors, but from a long-term perspective it has uncovered some absolute gems.

Will probably have to roll Blacks at the Uni in the last game to play finals and that looks unlikely. But after 3 hammerings in the first 3 rounds, all our losses since have been by small margins , with 2 of those coming virtually on the last kick. That will cost us a place in September. To be honest I think we are the 4th best side in it this year and if somehow we fluked a place in the big dance I despair what would happen to our group in A grade. There is a chasm between A and B and at the moment we are miles of being competitive in the top division.

Have done plenty wrong this year as a club but to the poster who suggested that we are in no better situation then they are - I think I can confidently say we are and by a fair margin.

In regard to yesterday. The Jackas play with plenty of spirit and we just could not shake them. They are well supported, particularly at home (but I do feel sorry for them having to play on that goat track – more weeds than grass and a bumpy, uneven and perilous playing surface). I thought we controlled the game but as happened many times this year we almost found a way to lose. After a difficult, stop start season, it is nice to go into the last 2 games with some hope.
Speaking of poor playing surface Jimmy, if there is rain during the week Blacks may have to find another ground for your game. Pavilion side is unsafe. Umpires mentioned that if the rain had of come during the game they may considered calling our game off or at least consulting with the Captains.
The rain held off so game was completed.

Albert Park is run by Parks Vic and they have NFI what to do with grass . The parking fees are a joke and Ajax block parking so there own supporters can park the Jags

Speaking of poor playing surface Jimmy, if there is rain during the week Blacks may have to find another ground for your game. Pavilion side is unsafe. Umpires mentioned that if the rain had of come during the game they may considered calling our game off or at least consulting with the Captains.
The rain held off so game was completed.
For all the money spent at the Uni the surface is horrendous. Overused and the slightest bit of wet weather and it chops up terribly, especially on the pavilion side. We would be very happy to host the Rd 18 encounter :D

Diary Bell is not the MCG by any stretch but is luxury compacted to what Ajax have to contend with. Was relatively dry but covered in weeds and the surface is like a moon scape.

What’s happened to your mob Carton? Plenty to play for in the back half and after showing some spirit mid-season seem to have put the white flag up. Hoping you can do us a favour next week and knock off Fitzroy.

For all the money spent at the Uni the surface is horrendous. Overused and the slightest bit of wet weather and it chops up terribly, especially on the pavilion side. We would be very happy to host the Rd 18 encounter :D

Diary Bell is not the MCG by any stretch but is luxury compacted to what Ajax have to contend with. Was relatively dry but covered in weeds and the surface is like a moon scape.

What’s happened to your mob Carton? Plenty to play for in the back half and after showing some spirit mid-season seem to have put the white flag up. Hoping you can do us a favour next week and knock off Fitzroy.
We are a bit like you in that we have several U19 players in the Seniors and not a lot of experienced older players. Reserves will play finals and U19's must win next week to have a chance. Injuries and availability was an issue all year. At the other end of the scale we have 15 VFL NAB listed players that we rarely see on a consistent basis.
Going to C is hard to swallow but is perhaps what we need to reset and come again into the big time. White flag is never up at Panther Land, spirit is great, off field is getting highly organized.
Will do our best to knock off Fitzroy, we have a big day planned so could be a cheer squad to get us over the line.

Stage is set for a big finish to the season in B section.
1st, 2nd, 3rd and bottom places all settled, but the race is open for fourth spot and a gig in the finals.

Fitzroy would be favourites, but all of De La, St Bedes and Ajax are a chance to pip them if they can win the final two matches. Should set it up for some cracking contests.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and bottom places all settled, but the race is open for fourth spot and a gig in the finals.

Fitzroy would be favourites, but all of De La, St Bedes and Ajax are a chance to pip them if they can win the final two matches. Should set it up for some cracking contests.
even games

UB are already locked into 1st unless Beaumaris can make up 60% and UB lose their last game. At least I think that’s correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back