Fitzroy
University BlacksFitzroyUniversity Blacks
1st SEMIFINAL
COBURG CITY OVAL 11:40am SUN 4/9
vsvs
De La SalleDe La SalleDe La Salle
Old Carey

Last edited:
A belated congratulations to Sam Williams on playing his 250th game for De La Salle on the weekend. A former captain of the club and best & fairest winner as well as multiple VAFA "Big V" representative.

A champion of the club and the VAFA, Sam has rubbed shoulders with some of the VAFA's best players and often beaten them. He was regarded as one of the best players in Prem A and respected by opposition coaches, players and supporters alike.

Well played Swill!

I'll eat some humble pie, brilliant result for De La on Saturday against a quality opponent. Without a shadow of a doubt the best team performance for the year. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for next season.

Maybe the permanent appointment of Nick Hyland as senior coach had something to do with the result. Either way the club will remain in B Grade and hopefully push for higher honours next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of tips for each weekend being placed, this has become one of the least active threads in all the divisions.

With only a few rounds remaining who do we have making the 4 and umlitmitely winning the premiership?

For me, Uni Blacks will win the flag with OH being the runner up.

the top 4 in order will be UB/Beaumaris/OH/Ajax

The dominance of Blacks has really taken the wind out of the sails of Prem B.

Blacks are definitely beatable by Beau or OH on their day. They are on their way back to the top dance though

Outside of tips for each weekend being placed, this has become one of the least active threads in all the divisions.

With only a few rounds remaining who do we have making the 4 and umlitmitely winning the premiership?

Activation!

Willi Cys are doing it tough this year however the future is looking promising.

Should talented players come through the Willi Juniors to play U19, they are progressed to the Jets. Often players past U19 are asked to train with Willi VFL, three of whom play there regularly. CYs also have two listed with Port Melbourne and one with Footscray, all rarely donning the blue and gold.

I am not on the CY’s committee, nor part of the inner sanctum; this info is well known within the local sporting community.

CY’s U19s are currently in second place on the U19 Premier Men’s, with several earmarked for Willi VFL. The club is happy to move such players forward as their development is part of the club’s culture.

AS an aside the Willi Juniors, playing in the WRFL have their U12, U14 and U16 teams in the top two positions on their respective ladders.

Last weekend the senior team fielded 9 U19s in the team playing Beaumaris: the scores were level at half time, however were overrun due to both inexperience and larger bodies. They enjoyed the game.

It’s been a tough year for the CYs, however repeating myself, “the future looks promising”.

You must have inside info on OH as Beaumaris 4 wins clear in 2nd and beaten Haileybury twice in regular Season but saying that only team ready for A Grade at this stage is Uni Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back