Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Er...is it normal for Sydney to lose every game using the default database? I've tried both simming and playing matches, but they perform hideously.

Er...is it normal for Sydney to lose every game using the default database? I've tried both simming and playing matches, but they perform hideously.

Yeah, the game hates us. Basically, you have to rebuild. Play Lewis Johnston and trade for picks is my advice. If you can, find a way to bring in one of Deledio, Dangerfield, Sylvia and/or Tippett.

Yeah, the game hates us. Basically, you have to rebuild. Play Lewis Johnston and trade for picks is my advice. If you can, find a way to bring in one of Deledio, Dangerfield, Sylvia and/or Tippett.

Ha, glad it's not just me!

It would help if I could see what the problem was, but the match engine throws out some really strange stuff. Bolton didn't have a mark in 13 games and Rohan and Jetta went at about 3 touches a game each, but then the ostensibly far inferior Moore came in and was regularly BoG. Bradshaw was getting four touches a game but almost all of them were goals - on a couple of occasions, he had more goals than kicks!

It's a shame - in terms of features, presentation and effort, this game is way ahead of so many sports management games (I'm a huge fan of the genre, and have played plenty). AFL is just a damned hard game to make a match engine for, and it's never really been done well by anyone.

So tried playing this following the instructions using a base2015 and got this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: 2.02.00
Game Date: 2/01/2011
Error at:27/06/2015 7:48:50 PM
PC Message: Error in: App_DispatcherUnhandledException

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
StackTrace: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 269
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Exception Details:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at FM.GameLogic.Provider.CreateNewGameXML(GameStartOptions& options, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.GetNewGameController(BackgroundWorker& worker) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 265
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.ProcessNewAsync(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 188
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 207
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

EDIT: Working with 2014 lists. Weird how Sydney didn't make finals :/ oh well

Last edited:
Yo, having a few troubles with this.

One thing thats super annoying is the Brownlow being backwards. Anyway to fix this?

Another is I can't edit players in the editor without it crashing. I know there was a way to search for the players in the base using player ID, but with the website gone, I have no idea how to.

I know this might be a stupid question, but when a players rating is going down (e.g. tall forward - was 94 now 92), how do you fix it. Would you just increase the training intensity?

Edit: Now the peak has also gone down to 92. This player is 33 yrs old. Would that also play a factor?

Last edited:
I know this might be a stupid question, but when a players rating is going down (e.g. tall forward - was 94 now 92), how do you fix it. Would you just increase the training intensity?

Edit: Now the peak has also gone down to 92. This player is 33 yrs old. Would that also play a factor?
Yep. There's no way unfortunately to keep their peak at the same level or going up. Generally once players hit 30 years of age, they start to decline in this version of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would obviously take a fair bit of planning to make it successful, but I came up with a potential idea for a scenario for Premiership Coach 2011 - what if Gold Coast had entered the competition in 2007 (just an example, could be any year)? They had the same draft picks etc., but those picks would be used on the players taken in the draft of the year prior to their entering of the competition. I say 2006 as this would leave them with such names as:

Bryce Gibbs, Scott Gumbleton, Lachlan Hansen, Joel Selwood, David Armitage, Nathan Brown, Andrejis Everitt, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Krakouer, Will Schofield, Clinton Jones, Brent Macaffer, Alan Toovey, Angus Graham (their respective clubs would be compensated with the players taken by Gold Coast in 2010).

Rather than Ablett they could receive the best player in the competition at that time - arguably Chris Judd, though you could also give them Adam Goodes (Brownlow winner), or anyone else you can think of...

The same could be done for any year, really. Is there any interest there for that? I personally wouldn't be able to do it for a fair while yet, but figured I'd raise the idea.

It would obviously take a fair bit of planning to make it successful, but I came up with a potential idea for a scenario for Premiership Coach 2011 - what if Gold Coast had entered the competition in 2007 (just an example, could be any year)? They had the same draft picks etc., but those picks would be used on the players taken in the draft of the year prior to their entering of the competition. I say 2006 as this would leave them with such names as:

Bryce Gibbs, Scott Gumbleton, Lachlan Hansen, Joel Selwood, David Armitage, Nathan Brown, Andrejis Everitt, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Krakouer, Will Schofield, Clinton Jones, Brent Macaffer, Alan Toovey, Angus Graham (their respective clubs would be compensated with the players taken by Gold Coast in 2010).

Rather than Ablett they could receive the best player in the competition at that time - arguably Chris Judd, though you could also give them Adam Goodes (Brownlow winner), or anyone else you can think of...

The same could be done for any year, really. Is there any interest there for that? I personally wouldn't be able to do it for a fair while yet, but figured I'd raise the idea.

If people are interested in this sort of thing, I can make the lists upon peoples request for what year. All it involves is moving the players in that years draft over to Gold Coast, aswell as changing all their ratings and age to 18. (Someone who is good at ratings will have to do them)
Having a read of this post also reminded me of an idea I was considering to do after exporting the 2010 lists to work on PC2011. Basically my idea was to make lists from previous years by using 2010 lists to work back and make the 2009 lists and then use these to work back to past years (Keeping Gold Coast players as is).
If anyone has ideas for some other unique scenarios, post them below and if people are interested, I can choose one of them (Provided it is able to be done) and make the lists for it.

If people are interested in this sort of thing, I can make the lists upon peoples request for what year. All it involves is moving the players in that years draft over to Gold Coast, aswell as changing all their ratings and age to 18. (Someone who is good at ratings will have to do them)
Having a read of this post also reminded me of an idea I was considering to do after exporting the 2010 lists to work on PC2011. Basically my idea was to make lists from previous years by using 2010 lists to work back and make the 2009 lists and then use these to work back to past years (Keeping Gold Coast players as is).
If anyone has ideas for some other unique scenarios, post them below and if people are interested, I can choose one of them (Provided it is able to be done) and make the lists for it.

I was just going to suggest leaving the player's ages as is (as if they'd been playing at Gold Coast since 2007 - or whatever year was chosen), as I figured it would be easier. Either way could work well though - could be very interesting to play.

I've got plenty of other basic scenarios I'll probably create at one stage or another.

For example, putting Wayne Carey - either in his prime, or as a youngster on - on North's lift, and seeing if he can lift them a little bit. Or perhaps creating an unbeatable team, and trying to find a way to beat them.

Like the unbeatable team. With the best PC11 players decided by us (eg Deledio, Tippett, Hodge) etc

Off the top of my head:

Mackie - Scarlett - Blake
Hurn - Ryder - Goddard
Cooney - Hodge - Deledio
Dangerfield - Franklin - Sylvia
Naitinui - Tippett - Chapman
Sandilands - Gibbs - Bartel
Schneider - Ball - Ablett - Didak

There's my attempt at it.

I was just going to suggest leaving the player's ages as is (as if they'd been playing at Gold Coast since 2007 - or whatever year was chosen), as I figured it would be easier. Either way could work well though - could be very interesting to play.

I've got plenty of other basic scenarios I'll probably create at one stage or another.

For example, putting Wayne Carey - either in his prime, or as a youngster on - on North's lift, and seeing if he can lift them a little bit. Or perhaps creating an unbeatable team, and trying to find a way to beat them.

I have actaully done both scenarios a couple of years back. On PC2010 I made Wayne Carey with a peak of 100 and with some other recruiting, managed to get North far into the finals. In PC2011, I also took the top 40 rated players and formed them as a team (Removing Gold Coast), and seeing if after a simmed season, any other team could try upset them. I think there was a game where a team came within 10 points, but apart from that, they kept winning by 50+.

I have actaully done both scenarios a couple of years back. On PC2010 I made Wayne Carey with a peak of 100 and with some other recruiting, managed to get North far into the finals. In PC2011, I also took the top 40 rated players and formed them as a team (Removing Gold Coast), and seeing if after a simmed season, any other team could try upset them. I think there was a game where a team came within 10 points, but apart from that, they kept winning by 50+.

Yeah, I've taken North to a Semi Final. May have to load that game up again and see if I can't go a little further. Fairly young list, with a Ruckman and Full Forward with peaks of 100 (or somewhere in the high 90s) that were still very young too, so it's a possibility. Also have Kennedy, Goddard, Dawes, Harry O and some others in that team iirc. Will have to give it a look. I reckon if I could ship off Dawes + ????? for Tippett and bring in Stiller on the cheap, I'd be a shot at a Preliminary Final.

hey guys just got the game and it wont let me sim past the 7th of November 2011 any idea why

Loving playing this game again (thanks Dom PC ) , started up a game as Richmond using the default 2011 lists.

The first season went terribly (3-19, 2nd last) although I wasn't expecting much more considering the list. Traded for Mumford, LRT and Shaw and a couple of picks. Took Jaden Partridge with the 2nd pick in the draft (Inside mid peak 98), and he averaged 25 disposals and 5 tackles in his first season, he somehow didn't win the Rising Star. In my second season I started off 3-8 but then went on an amazing run winning 10 of 11 H&A games to finish 8th on the ladder and then won my elimination and semi finals before going down by 7 points to the Crows in the prelim. Deledio finished =6th in the Brownlow with 24 votes from just 16 games, the winner was Ablett on 30 and if Deledio wasn't injured he probably would have won. Jack Riewoldt kicked 116 goals in the H&A season to take out the Coleman and only went goalless once in a game where he kicked 0.6. Hoping I can make it at least to the prelim in my 3rd season, most of my best 22 should be improving, LRT, King and Foley are the only ones who will decline.

Have tried out the 2015 lists and getting into a game is fine, but whenever I click on contracts it shits itself and shuts down. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Glad I worked it out before starting a season than at the end.

Have tried out the 2015 lists and getting into a game is fine, but whenever I click on contracts it shits itself and shuts down. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Glad I worked it out before starting a season than at the end.
Play a game if pre season then try, worked for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back