Preseason 13/14 - TTHD

Remove this Banner Ad

No Tunbridge. Is he injured? Was looking forward to seeing him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold on a second, what is Ginnity doing in that squad? Surely he's not up for selection.

Doesn't matter for Pre-season matches.

No Tunbridge. Is he injured? Was looking forward to seeing him play.

The poster who said Tunbridge suffered a hammy injury a few weeks back could be on the money.

With no Glass and no E-Mac, I wonder if we'll see one of McInnes or McGovern used as a key back?

Yeah. Light on for key defenders. In fact light on for talls full stop. No JK and no nicnat or cox as a testing forward option

Lycett to lead the ruck with support from Sinclair

Darling our key forward

Brown and schofield our key backs

McGovern and mcinness to help out - one forward one back or possibly alternating

Rucks aside it is basically the strongest midfield we can put together with only priddis missing. Will be interesting to see how it functions without him and without a dominant ruck

The poster who said Tunbridge suffered a hammy injury a few weeks back could be on the money.
magnum.gif

I also heard it was the 2-3 week variety. At least it's not a tendon off the bone thing. Fingers crossed he can play the next match..

Summary of the two games (will change with three emergencies to be named).

Out (played 1 game):
Glass, Kennedy, Cox, Mackenzie, Priddis, LeCras

In (played 1 game)
Gaff, Carter, Colledge, Wilson, Schofield, McInnes, Main, Maginness, McGovern

Played both games:
Brown, Sheed, Sheppard, Yeo, Masten, Selwood, Wellingham, Shuey, Cripps, Ellis, Sinclair, Rosa, Hurn, Darling, Lycett, Hill, Hutchings, McGinnity, Newman, Main, Bennell

Missed out on both games (all due to injury or recovery you'd think):
Naitanui, Waters, Butler, Tunbridge, Smith, Brennan, Barrass, Karpany, Powell

Great to see some youngsters get a game, especially Colledge.

You'd think that the 6 players rested for this game, + hopefully Naitanui will come back for the final scratch match.

How I'd like us to line up on Thursday:

Carter McGovern Sheppard
Schofield Brown Ellis
Yeo Hutchings Gaff
Wellingham McInnes Colledge
Cripps Lycett Hill

Sinclair Selwood Shuey

I: Sheed Darling Newman Masten Bennell Wilson
S: Main Maginness

E: Hurn Rosa McGinnity (rest the older guys, give the younger guys a run)

Edit - I missed Smith - he must be injured or something?

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Will Mac in action!! Going to raise a few eyebrows I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Mcgovern have a crack at Franklin at some stage, have been saying for some time we should be playing him back, and I think he has more upside than Brown given his limitations in field kicking and decision making...

Would love to see Mcgovern have a crack at Franklin at some stage, have been saying for some time we should be playing him back, and I think he has more upside than Brown given his limitations in field kicking and decision making...

You really think he's athletic enough to man franklin? Sheesh, i'd have thought once the ball hits the deck he'll make Gov look like a tool.

WEST COAST
1. Mitch Brown, 3. Andrew Gaff, 4. Dom Sheed, 5. Brad Sheed, 6. Elliot Yeo, 7. Chris Masten, 10. Scott Selwood, 12. Sharrod Wellingham, 13. Luke Shuey, 15. Jamie Cripps, 18. Xavier Ellis, 19. Adam Carter, 21. Brant Colledge, 22. Callum Sinclair, 24. Matt Rosa, 25. Shannon Hurn, 27. Jack Darling, 29. Scott Lycett, 30. Blayne Wilson, 31. Will Schofield, 33. Josh Hill, 34. Mark Hutchings, 35. Patrick McGinnity, 36. Fraser McInnes, 38. Murray Newman, 40. Dylan Main, 41. Will Maginness, 42. Jeremy McGovern, 44. Jamie Bennell

No Glass, JK, Cox, Emac, Priddis, Lecra.

But Gaff and Schofield named

Good to see most of our midfield there and we also get to have a look at Main and Maginness if picked.

My guess:

Yeo Brown Wilson
Ellis Schoefield Hurn

Gaff Shuey Rosa

Masten Mcgovern Darling
Hill McInnes Newman

Ruck: Lycett, Scooter, Wellingham

Bench: Cripps, Hutchings,Sheed,College,Sinclair, Bennell, Shep & Carter.

Mcginnes, Mcginity and Main miss out

Smith couldn't make it - had prior engagement with his hairdresser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back