Review Purple Tiger Tamers - Freo beat Richmond by 54 points at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The other uncomfortable truth is we’ve played 6 out of the bottom 8 sides.

Plus, we seemingly got Adelaide and Brisbane at ‘good’ times.

We’re still hard to read.

All results and performances are possible against the Swans and next month of play.
I agree with you on that. We've lost to the other top 8 sides We've played.

We need to beat Sydney.

The issue is it looked to me that Jye was pulling on his jumper….like pulling him off balance
This is a fair point. The photo is damning but it needs to be seen in the context of the full vision for fair assessment. I'm not making the call but just observing that the photo could represent anything from unlucky/incidental to intentional/lethal depending on context.

I agree with you on that. We've lost to the other top 8 sides We've played.

We need to beat Sydney.
Yep - although we lost to Carlton and Port, at least we kind of got a measure of our competitiveness against them. It was great that we competed so well.

This next 3 weeks will really tell us where we're at - no better gauge really than playing Sydney and Collingwood at home - and playing St Kilda away will be a solid test. Still a long hard road ahead for us to be considered anything certain for the finals, but beating Richmond was a good start. Typically that's a game that Fremantle would have lost.

They cannot seriously give Brayshaw an 8…his disposal was shizen
I have lost confidence in him especially his kicking. And he has as well.

Straight after halftime he had the ball 45m on the run into the goal then over kicks over frederick's head in the pocket like wtf for a throw in.

Then the miss with 10 seconds to go leading into the Jye FK. 30m out running into goal no pressure and shanks it where it gets punched over near the bloody behind post.

Like can you imagine Andy, Serong or Fyfe nailing that goal Daicos did out of a stoppage under pressure to win us a game.

I am sorry for being harsh but the reality is they can't atm.

We need to sort it out its holding us back atm is our mids unable to kick goals especially set shot or in play.

Young's goal late in traffic was a excellant one and on his right foot mind you. Hoepfully he builds off that and keeps nailing them.

I have lost confidence in him especially his kicking. And he has as well.

Straight after halftime he had the ball 45m on the run into the goal then over kicks over frederick's head in the pocket like wtf for a throw in.

Then the miss with 10 seconds to go leading into the Jye FK. 30m out running into goal no pressure and shanks it where it gets punched over near the bloody behind post.

Like can you imagine Andy, Serong or Fyfe nailing that goal Daicos did out of a stoppage under pressure to win us a game.

I am sorry for being harsh but the reality is they can't atm.

We need to sort it out its holding us back atm is our mids unable to kick goals especially set shot or in play.

Young's goal late in traffic was a excellant one and on his right foot mind you. Hoepfully he builds off that and keeps nailing them.
Yeah, his kicking has reverted to his first two years for whatever reason, I assume it's in his head but he's kicking flour bags or just missing targets far too often at the moment and it's costing us a couple goals a game.

The other uncomfortable truth is we’ve played 6 out of the bottom 8 sides.

Plus, we seemingly got Adelaide and Brisbane at ‘good’ times.

We’re still hard to read.

All results and performances are possible against the Swans and next month of play.
Hard to disagree.

I think the next month will tell a lot before the bye.

0/4 - may as well book in holidays for September
1/4 - below par and just making up the numbers realistically will struggle to play finals.
2/4 - Pass mark slightly & depends on who we lose too and how. Will be battling to make top 4 though.
3/4 - Great effort will be over the moon and keeps us alive for a tilt at top 4.
4/4 - Well stop what your doing, get ready & prepared to be in the thick of it come late September.

I will be flying back from Munich on September 23 as i have a mates wedding in the UK at the start of September. I think that's GF week unless i have completely stuffed it up haha and i will be in Germany for the GF.

To play devils advocate to my "it's not as good as it seems" post, I was very heartened watching Melbourne play Geelong. We play exactly like Melbourne, in fact, we play it better than them when we want to which is why we always beat them AND Geelong HATE playing against that style. Win the contest, keep the ball off them. It's a couple of top 8 / 4 teams we can back ourselves in to come out ahead if we play our best footy

Hard to disagree.

1/4 - below par and just making up the numbers realistically will struggle to play finals.
2/4 - Pass mark slightly & depends on who we lose too and how. Will be battling to make top 4 though.
3/4 - Great effort will be over the moon and keeps us alive for a tilt at top 4.
4/4 - Well stop what your doing, get ready & prepared to be in the thick of it come late September.

I will be flying back from Munich on September 23 as i have a mates wedding in the UK at the start of September. I think that's GF week unless i have completely stuffed it up haha and i will be in Germany for the GF.
Eww Munich.

Go to the north instead

What an absolutely idiotic argument that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Miller can probably deadlift 150 kg and you're naive enough to think that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Holy shit that is idiocy beyond belief. Miller chose to put his knee into Jye's face/neck region in response to Jye grabbing his jumper. To imply it was an accident... bloody hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolutely idiotic argument that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Miller can probably deadlift 150 kg and you're naive enough to think that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Holy s**t that is idiocy beyond belief. Miller chose to put his knee into Jye's face/neck region in response to Jye grabbing his jumper. To imply it was an accident... bloody hell.
Pictures can be very misleading. I just went back and watched the replay, it looks very much like Jye pulled him down after Miller got up and that's when the photo is taken though it's very difficult without a different angle to be 100% confident.

I would be very surprised if something came of it tbh

Hard to disagree.

Grand final is 28/9 so you should be good.

What an absolutely idiotic argument that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Miller can probably deadlift 150 kg and you're naive enough to think that Jye pulled him down onto his neck. Holy s**t that is idiocy beyond belief. Miller chose to put his knee into Jye's face/neck region in response to Jye grabbing his jumper. To imply it was an accident... bloody hell.
No matter what the weight or strength is if you are unbalanced and trying to get up and someone tugs at your jumper you’re going to be unbalanced and go back to the ground.

To play devils advocate to my "it's not as good as it seems" post, I was very heartened watching Melbourne play Geelong. We play exactly like Melbourne, in fact, we play it better than them when we want to which is why we always beat them AND Geelong HATE playing against that style. Win the contest, keep the ball off them. It's a couple of top 8 / 4 teams we can back ourselves in to come out ahead if we play our best footy
Yes, I'm more afraid of Sydney than Geelong. Sydeny have the attacking weapons in midfield to counter our game.

No matter what the weight or strength is if you are unbalanced and trying to get up and someone tugs at your jumper you’re going to be unbalanced and go back to the ground.
And there is a choice in how you land. You can protect your opponent by putting your arms down. He chose to go knee first.

It's pretty bizarre how much you want to defend this position. As if you've staked your life on it and are now defending it furiously.

When people fall they don't just fall all the same way completely out of control. You still have control of your body and where each piece of it goes. Plus we're talking about elite athletes here. You're mad trying to argue it was an accident. They're having a wrestle after a long game and he lost his cool. It was definitely NOT an accident.

God you dribble shit some times.
It was quite clear

At the moment the evidence for Baker being able to produce 2 goals a game is less than Emmett though.
You can give the team two goals a game without kicking them yourself. I wouldnt care if Emmett kept his current goal kicking levels if he didnt butcher an assist or two each game as well

Baker & Emmett are completely different players. Not even sure why he's being talked about as an upgrade. If Baker comes here I'm not even sure if I want him playing the role he's been pushed into these last few seasons due to Richmond's situation. Back as a defender he goes for me.

this is exactly what ive been thinking. we are basically a melbourne replica.

our mid is arguably deeper.

backlines similar, their forwards better. They actually play a bit more defensivly forward of centre than us. Our forwards also have a lot of scope to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back