Unpopular Freo Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

There are actual technical problems with some of Freos forwards and mids in their kicking for goal. ie problems that could be at least partially sorted and improved with actual coaching. Why hasnt the club (maybe they have) employed Pav or similar to sort it out.

Fyfe for example, (not limited to him) has bad technique that could easily be improved. He is also now at the stage where he is also mentally confused about when and where to kick it, especially in the front 50. Some simple instructions from the coaches could simplify his approach and give us a better result.

Its like we need to get a good Auskick coach down there and really go back to some basics. How does a dual Brownlow medalist who marks the ball 20 m out directly in front not have it on autopilot that he just goes back and kicks for goals??
the players are clearly confused about what to do and where to kick it when "connecting with their forwards".

I am about to get worked up so I will leave it here otherwise I fear this post will be transferred to the vent thread.
My set shots kicking has improved immensely since I started following the kicking consultant on Instagram, it's actually wild how much better it actually got... and I'm not a professional, what I'm saying is that the content is out there and AFL players have a huge amount of down time so low-key surprised they don't have a session dedicated to embedding the mechanics of goal kicking.

Yeah, as long as Gov, Yeo, Barass, Sheed, Kelly, Cripps et al all have another 6 years or so at their current levels.

No mate, I don't imagine these players will form part of the next West Coast premiership (maybe Barass and Kelly). I'm not talking short term, I don't think either club gets a flag in next 5 years. Freo has too many mediocre players on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back