QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Park look to have picked up another Springwood player in Luke Ruf - knows how to find the footy and played a handful of senior games last year in a premiership team and one of there better 2's players.

If Vic park can get the likes of him, Reading, chalmers, Heath, Alderidge, Wishart and Broome on the parkat the same time they may be nuisances value if they sneak into the 5

With the exception of Ruf & Reading those blokes are on the wrong side of 30 which probably explains why they have't been on the park together. But your right, if the stars align they definitely could be the dark horse from 5th.

With the exception of Ruf & Reading those blokes are on the wrong side of 30 which probably explains why they have't been on the park together. But your right, if the stars align they definitely could be the dark horse from 5th.

would imagine there are a few blokes in this comp on the wrong side of 30 - possibly even some of them closer to their 40th then there 30th.... Hi Morro! :)

I still find it interesting that players want to rush in from HFF or the Wing - maybe once out of 10 centre bounces you are going to impact the contest - seems like a blantent waste of energy to me - but hey ive built my game on getting out the back so my opinion probably doesnt come as any great surprise!!

I wondered myself what was happening, surely the opposition are standing next to us at the ball ups which is even more confusing.
If it has Morro confused how the rest of us mere mortals supposed to understand it and deal with it?

would imagine there are a few blokes in this comp on the wrong side of 30 - possibly even some of them closer to their 40th then there 30th....

Fair point, Buswell would be closer to 50 than 30 & he still moves pretty well. Just saying injuries are more prevalent when plus 30 so keeping an experienced list on the park can be half the battle.

Fair point, Buswell would be closer to 50 than 30 & he still moves pretty well. Just saying injuries are more prevalent when plus 30 so keeping an experienced list on the park can be half the battle.
Buswell is 45 and still goes better than alright. I think the over 30's may have a different level of pain threshold than say the under 30's. Gen Y thing.

Buswell is 45 and still goes better than alright. I think the over 30's may have a different level of pain threshold than say the under 30's. Gen Y thing.
haha that is until about 8.30 saturday night - followed by sundays of questioning why you do it, mondays of hating life at work before jostling for position for a rub down or to see the physio for chronic general soreness on the tuesday!

Just an update on Tim Peck, he is back playing again after his rehab on a shoulder reconstruction. He was well on track to make Bulldogs VFL list until the injury struck him down early in the preseason.

He is playing with Mick McGuanne at Keilor in the EDFL which is a fair competition for those who know the league. With the amount of ex - AFL listed players running around in it , I would think it is on par with NEAFL or even stronger.

He has had a few games in 2nds to get his confidence but has been in seniors last 2 games.

He is a cracking bloke and all going well he will have another crack at Bulldogs list by doing another preseason.

Just shows you can play a season at a lower level (QAFA A) and get your deficiencies sorted to have a crack at a better level of footy.
Watched Keilor on the weekend, as my cousin also plays there. Your boy, Peck, played well, kicked a nice goal too. I would say that the standard in that league is definitely better than Neafl and a hell of a lot more physical.

Watched Keilor on the weekend, as my cousin also plays there. Your boy, Peck, played well, kicked a nice goal too. I would say that the standard in that league is definitely better than Neafl and a hell of a lot more physical.
Cheers TT thanks for the update. I am hoping to get down and see a game towards end of year. Did he play only up forward or did he get a run through the middle?

I try and speak with Mick McGuanne once a week but haven't spoken to him or Timmy this week so good to hear he is settling in. Could do with him back at Pirate land about now though.

Cheers TT thanks for the update. I am hoping to get down and see a game towards end of year. Did he play only up forward or did he get a run through the middle?

I try and speak with Mick McGuanne once a week but haven't spoken to him or Timmy this week so good to hear he is settling in. Could do with him back at Pirate land about now though.
Seemed to be mainly forward when I noticed him but I was mainly watching my cousin.

EDFL is definitely the equal of the NEAFL in standard, I wouldn't suggests its higher standard - but more consistent across the board and more depth.

the best NEAFL side would beat the best EDFL side, but the bottom EDFL side would absolutely smash the bottom NEAFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roosters v Tigers. Rooster
Suns V Pirates. Suns
Ippy V Vic Point. Vic Point
Beenleigh V Wynnum. Wynnum
Pine Rivers V Carrara. Carrara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back