QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Moro, can you clear up an umpiring issue we had on weekend. Can a player get reported after being sent off on a yellow card?

Also has the dropping the ball/holding the ball rule changed. If not can you please advise the umpires we had on weekend what the rule is about please mate.

Moro, can you clear up an umpiring issue we had on weekend. Can a player get reported after being sent off on a yellow card?

Also has the dropping the ball/holding the ball rule changed. If not can you please advise the umpires we had on weekend what the rule is about please mate.

Hello Blocker ....... Usually a red card = a report. The umpires should "Red Card" anyone that is reported. The player may have been yellow carded first and then reported but either way if a player is reported he should be automatically Red Carded. With out being there or talking to the umpires involved I don't know the situation for this to happen but I'm sure they were just doing what they thought was right.

As for the Holding the ball, dropping the ball or incorrect disposal (which ever way you want to say it) the interpretation did change a few weeks back ( in line with the AFL). Unfortunately the umpires from your game on the week end are from the Goldy so I don't get to see these guys very much. I would suggest that using the "Umpire Feedback" form which is available to all clubs and send this in to AFLQ to get clarification and also give your clubs opinion on the umpiring. If using said "Feedback" form and I am umpiring please be nice :)

Great turn around by the Vikings after last weeks poor display. Were right in the game at 3/4 time. Was a good effort by the boys.
Suns will be cannon fodder for GM or Bond.
I will call it a definite Bond/Gm grand final unless something amazing happens.

Great turn around by the Vikings after last weeks poor display. Were right in the game at 3/4 time. Was a good effort by the boys.

Nice Macman. I completely agree re the Suns. I just wasn't quite as hard hitting with my words though a few weeks back.

Can anyone give some insight on Vic Point?? Having handled Carrara comfortably the week previously, they went and copped a 10 goal hiding down there, which is only a short trip down the freeway. A couple of players really having that much of an impact on their performances ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice Macman. I completely agree re the Suns. I just wasn't quite as hard hitting with my words though a few weeks back.

Can anyone give some insight on Vic Point?? Having handled Carrara comfortably the week previously, they went and copped a 10 goal hiding down there, which is only a short trip down the freeway. A couple of players really having that much of an impact on their performances ??

You need to be at your best when you play them at thier home ground PN. They like a physical game of footy its clear thats when they play thier best footy. Pretty good team for thier first year IMO.

Good to see the buffs get up again.

Well done to Wynnum on Sunday, shows character to bounce back after 100 point loss the previous week to get within a couple of goals against same opposition 8 days later. Very flat game of football all the same. Suns are way off the pace.
Suns have dropped 3 games, have been flogged twice with GM & Bond having lost only 1 between them. Shows that there is a gap in class between top two and the rest. Water finds its own level in finals

VP is just a short drunken stumble home from me so I've seen most of their home games this year, comparing the two sides they lost their starting on ballers-Parker/Proud/Broome/Hede, CHF-Moncur, FF-Heath, FB-Schulz, CHB-Moor, HFF-Aldridge, plus a couple of kids that must have come from the u/19's from the week before. Little wonder they struggled.

VP is just a short drunken stumble home from me so I've seen most of their home games this year, comparing the two sides they lost their starting on ballers-Parker/Proud/Broome/Hede, CHF-Moncur, FF-Heath, FB-Schulz, CHB-Moor, HFF-Aldridge, plus a couple of kids that must have come from the u/19's from the week before. Little wonder they struggled.

Yep, was more than a couple of players wasn't it. Fair group. Any idea on why that many players didn't play ?? Injuries ?? Work ?? Suspended drivers licences ?? Were up at the Alex the night before ???

Yep, was more than a couple of players wasn't it. Fair group. Any idea on why that many players didn't play ?? Injuries ?? Work ?? Suspended drivers licences ?? Were up at the Alex the night before ???

My understanding is that quite a few of them are mates of the coach, (who was a bit of a legend at Wynnum) so he has started coaching at VP and is calling in favours but a few of the boys (Willie Broome for instance) is more committed to the coach then actually playing footy. So i believe he only plays home games but not away games.
I think you will find that is a pretty similar case for a few of the boys out there.

Well done to Wynnum on Sunday, shows character to bounce back after 100 point loss the previous week to get within a couple of goals against same opposition 8 days later. Very flat game of football all the same. Suns are way off the pace.
Suns have dropped 3 games, have been flogged twice with GM & Bond having lost only 1 between them. Shows that there is a gap in class between top two and the rest. Water finds its own level in finals
So would it be fair to suggest that if your team makes it to the preliminary final, you would consider that to be a good year?

So would it be fair to suggest that if your team makes it to the preliminary final, you would consider that to be a good year?
I think Suns are clearly the third best team in the comp but a bit off the pace with top two, the Suns need to win against Bond or GM to consider the season a really good year. Roosters this week will be a good test.

Any truth in the rumor that GM travelled to Arizona during their recent two bye break for a high altitude trading camp and when are they due back? NP, Morro,Buzza and scratch me back ?

Last edited:
Isn't Moncur playing down in Mildura? Is it the same Moncur?

How can he play in 2 states after June 30th?

Isn't Moncur playing down in Mildura? Is it the same Moncur?

How can he play in 2 states after June 30th?
Can someone answer the question as to
why T.Moncur played for Victoria Point on 26th July against Cararra and kicked 8 goals. But I just checked the Sunraysia League in Victoria and he played for Redcliffs on 18th July and again on the weekend 1st August.

My understanding is that there is no interstate permits unless the player is fully cleared by 30th June. So how can he play in 2 states after 30th June?

Anyone shed some light. Especially anyone from Viccy Point?

Few clubs will be filthy if he played unregistered and had such an impact.

Prepared to give benefit of doubt, but we did ask the same question of AFLQ a few weeks ago with Timmy Peck and were told unless player is fully cleared before 30th June no interstate players can play in QLD as no permit system exist between QLD and any other states?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back