QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You're only considered a QAFL player if you have played 5 or more senior QAFL games in the last 3 seasons.

Unsure on the players in question, but if they don't meet that criteria, then my reading on the rules is that they would be 2 pointers as they are moving from Div 4 to Div 2.

Looking at the Kenmore recruiting, they are going to be tight! I count 18 odd points from the latest 4 announcements!

Played QAFL in 2017 I think so makes them 4 pointers +2 pts for now paying against a team in own comp. Reckon Blocker is correct.

Its actually pretty straight forward Outa - who decides is based on a matrix, not a person or persons. The only conflict will eb around a club like Pirates who dropped back in unusual circumstances and now go up quickly. There might be some other exceptions but in the main its a great system and very easy to follow - you should ask the powers at Kedron for a copy
That's fine mate but you have a bloke on here saying a club is getting concessions.
My point is once you start giving it to one club others will want the same.

You're only considered a QAFL player if you have played 5 or more senior QAFL games in the last 3 seasons.

Unsure on the players in question, but if they don't meet that criteria, then my reading on the rules is that they would be 2 pointers as they are moving from Div 4 to Div 2.

Looking at the Kenmore recruiting, they are going to be tight! I count 18 odd points from the latest 4 announcements!

yes Thommo 3 seasons ago they were playing QAFL so they should all be 4 points plus the 2 points added for transferring from same competition. So by my calculations it is 6 points but who knows what they will end up.

If you don’t have 10-12 one point players on your list you are under pressure. Not sure how clubs without 1 pointers coming through at bottom end will survive. Especially if they have a year with a lot of retirements or mass exodus.

Played QAFL in 2017 I think so makes them 4 pointers +2 pts for now paying against a team in own comp. Reckon Blocker is correct.

SMY you might or Thommo clear up a question on the salary cap. I see Beenleigh have announced they are taking 3 sides to Tassie for a preseason game.

Not knocking the idea or concept but if this is sponsored does it come under the salary cap as an incentive to players?

I know all Melbourne Clubs have stopped doing it for that reason. Unless players self fund their trips it is considered under their salary cap.

Maybe one of Buffs heirachy can confirm what clarification they got from league?

To clear this up, I've just had a look at the players in question.

Aden Rutledge - played 3 Senior QAFL games in 2017. Played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. Transferring to a Div 2 club, therefore clearly a 2 pointer for moving to a higher Division. (its irrelevant that his previous club has moved divisions)
Liam Rutledge - played 15 QAFL Senior games in 2017, played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. He is a 4 point player, again its pretty clear.
Josh Warden - Played 3 QAFL Reserves games in 2017 (no senior games, but sportingpulse not always accurate). Played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. Also clearly a 2 point player based on the matrix that is freely available.

So they have recruited 8 points across 3 players. Hardly going to put them in danger of points issues!

To clear this up, I've just had a look at the players in question.

Aden Rutledge - played 3 Senior QAFL games in 2017. Played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. Transferring to a Div 2 club, therefore clearly a 2 pointer for moving to a higher Division. (its irrelevant that his previous club has moved divisions)
Liam Rutledge - played 15 QAFL Senior games in 2017, played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. He is a 4 point player, again its pretty clear.
Josh Warden - Played 3 QAFL Reserves games in 2017 (no senior games, but sportingpulse not always accurate). Played Div 2 in 2018 and Div 4 in 2019. Also clearly a 2 point player based on the matrix that is freely available.

So they have recruited 8 points across 3 players. Hardly going to put them in danger of points issues!

What about the 2 points added for transferring from Team in same Division?

we are being hit with that rule for players coming in so surely if we lose any players to team in same division the same rules apply?

There is not 3 sides going to tassie .This is self funded by the players so wont be in the salary cap .The club may buy a couple of cartons of beer and that will be off our salary cap .

I thought I seen somewhere in the announcement that you were looking for sponsors to fund trip?

Attachments

• 824B741A-C920-40FD-BC64-6E0F3FE0C42B.png
    824B741A-C920-40FD-BC64-6E0F3FE0C42B.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 203
At this stage it is self funded by the players .If we could actually get a sponsor we would have to talk to the league re the cap .End of discussion .

we are being hit with that rule for players coming in so surely if we lose any players to team in same division the same rules apply?

Correct, +6 penalty points for transferring to team in same division.

At this stage it is self funded by the players .If we could actually get a sponsor we would have to talk to the league re the cap .End of discussion .

Very cranky Commish, was just asking question as to where it laid. I know a few Melbourne Clubs were coming up to QLD last few years but canned it because it caused them grief with cap.

Good luck getting another $600+ out of players plus their fees. Will be doing a good job mate to get it off the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, +6 penalty points for transferring to team in same division.

Geez that is rough. I thought it had changed to 1 point for that 'offence' anyway, so that would make them 4, 6 and 4 pointers. 14 points between 3 players. Make it a little harder, but if the rest of the list is homegrown, or long term servants should still be fine.

Geez that is rough. I thought it had changed to 1 point for that 'offence' anyway, so that would make them 4, 6 and 4 pointers. 14 points between 3 players. Make it a little harder, but if the rest of the list is homegrown, or long term servants should still be fine.

Yeah mate, tough when Park Ridge weren’t initially in the comp. But I get that rules are rules.

Like I said, we were running around with 21 x 1 pointers, and 1 x 2 pointer last year so it’ll be okay.

Would love to know which clubs are receiving a concession, pretty sure we were told if a club receives a concession we would be informed so I assume it’s only hearsay at this point.

There is not 3 sides going to tassie .This is self funded by the players so wont be in the salary cap .The club may buy a couple of cartons of beer and that will be off our salary cap .
Who cares if it is sponsored.
Just a good idea and good for the group.
I don't see how it should be part of a salary cap.
It's a training game and team building.
Why punish a club for doing something positive.
But that's just my view.

Yes that will apply for sure. A Rutledge and Warden will only be 2 pointers plus 2 I reckon but L Rutledge is going to be 6 by my calcs.
its A good rule the +2 as it stops this ridiculous shopping around bn teams in same comp.

Yeah mate, tough when Park Ridge weren’t initially in the comp. But I get that rules are rules.

Like I said, we were running around with 21 x 1 pointers, and 1 x 2 pointer last year so it’ll be okay.

Would love to know which clubs are receiving a concession, pretty sure we were told if a club receives a concession we would be informed so I assume it’s only hearsay at this point.

its only going to be a one off situation if the comps stay the same. Maroochy can’t go and pillage Sandgate in 2020 for instance which is good.

Who cares if it is sponsored.
Just a good idea and good for the group.
I don't see how it should be part of a salary cap.
It's a training game and team building.
Why punish a club for doing something positive.
But that's just my view.
Great idea and sounds great. However the rules state that all payments and benefits to players are to be declared. So I agree Still me is correct. The funny thing is this system was born in Vic and they have salary caps in many of their leagues are over $100k and some over $200k.

Great idea and sounds great. However the rules state that all payments and benefits to players are to be declared. So I agree Still me is correct. The funny thing is this system was born in Vic and they have salary caps in many of their leagues are over $100k and some over $200k.
Your right on the caps in Vic.
Good old qld trying to follow Vic but there is no comparison in regards to money and overall talent.
So what your saying is that a training camp at noosa for the weekend would come under the cap if the club paid for food and camping.
Well I'll be ****ed if that makes any sence at all.

If the footy manager buys the best on ground in the Reserves a stubby and a steak after the game it counts.

The level they have gone to is stupid and just creates more work for club volunteers. Imagine trying to keep track of that stuff and trying to police it.

Imagine if you had a good home win and a few old boys walked into the dressing room with a couple of cartons withou the club treasurer or president knowing about it, but its witnessed by an 'integrity officer' and the club gets breached for not including it in the cap

If the footy manager buys the best on ground in the Reserves a stubby and a steak after the game it counts.

The level they have gone to is stupid and just creates more work for club volunteers. Imagine trying to keep track of that stuff and trying to police it.

Imagine if you had a good home win and a few old boys walked into the dressing room with a couple of cartons withou the club treasurer or president knowing about it, but its witnessed by an 'integrity officer' and the club gets breached for not including it in the cap
Your technically correct Fan but as I've stated previously I think the focus of investigative pursuits by AFLQ will be on systemic and blatant disregards of the rules as opposed to causing hysteria around carton of beer costing $50 dropped in after the game. Just wait for a disgruntled player to leave and he'll spill the beans on those systemic issues. They exist now and it's only a matter of time.

Your technically correct Fan but as I've stated previously I think the focus of investigative pursuits by AFLQ will be on systemic and blatant disregards of the rules as opposed to causing hysteria around carton of beer costing $50 dropped in after the game. Just wait for a disgruntled player to leave and he'll spill the beans on those systemic issues. They exist now and it's only a matter of time.

Spot on - like nearly every policy ever written they are parameters to work within and it is really only the pointy end cases that are worth following through with. Considering how much most clubs are going to get away with by paying undisclosed $$ still despite the cap, I think it is going to be the least of AFLQ's issues if there is a couple of cartons dropped in the middle of the room. For all you know it might have been the opposition club that bought it and appreciated the great spirit the game was played in... :)

Provided its legitimate work at legitimate market rates, it won't count.

Heaps of clubs find jobs for kids (not just the good players) and you can't start messing with that or you ruin whats good about the footy community in general

Thats a fairly big allegation. Wouldn't think a single Brisbane based club in the QAFL or in Div 1 even has the funds to 'systematically' breach the cap even if they wanted to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back