Preview Qualifying Final 1- Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Thursday 7th September, 19.20pm, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you one of those Freo supporters that hates West Coast? I think the Eagles will beat Port and I fear both would roll us on current form.
Very very very very much so

If we play an elimination final against Westo Coast it will be very hard for me if we lose.

I will be barracking hard for Port

Wirst thing is Nik Nat would be bloody back too

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's still good to see the boys, I just wish it wasn't like this. At least we have good seats to watch them fall apart.
How'd you manage that. Mine was in in the rain surrounded by Crows. Access out of the aisle just froze because of the crowd standing in the dry on the concourse, and I felt the first signs of an unruly mob.

Happy if it worked for you though.

We have so many issues.

Our defence is a shambles. Davis is clearly injured (I reckon he has a bad back) Williams and Wilson are light weights and have half a brain between them.

Our mids are great on paper but are one way runners with the exception of Ward and Scully not prepared to work hard enough.

Our forwards are cumbersome and pretty one dimensional. They lack creativity and don't really defend (although this area was better tonight).

Some of our best players last year were Mummy, Shaw and Stevie J. All three are shadows of their former selves. If Mummy and Shaw go on rest assured they will end the same way as Stevie next year.

Positives...Ward, Scully, Haynes all tried hard. Greene is elite but couldnt get his hands on it. Though Himmelberg was good, he is athletic and a point of difference also thought Hopper really tried hard and put his head in the hole. Lobb will get criticised but he defended as best he could.

As I've said before Leon needs help, these L Platers helping him aren't up to it. We are a Ferrari driven by Mr Magoo.

Ball movement is woeful and has been for some time, coaching staff appear to have no answers. We get it at half back, look to chip it inboard, either we turn it over or get held up because its so predictable and every club now knows its gonna go there. Fwds have no hope but are getting made to look subpar because of what is happening further up the ground. We looked good for 10 mins when we flipped around the handballs and got some run but then the stagnant crap came back again. Lack of a wet weather game plan has been shown up again.

How'd you manage that. Mine was in in the rain surrounded by Crows. Access out of the aisle just froze because of the crowd standing in the dry on the concourse, and I felt the first signs of an unruly mob.

Happy if it worked for you though.
Honestly having more Crows than Giants supporters in our reserved section was almost as bad as the loss. I was more speaking to being right next to the field in the finals for $92 (70 USD). At home it's 300+ for nosebleed seats to a regular season Broncos game.

Last edited:
A shitty night, but we are still odds on to play a PF at least. We've been better than Port and WC all season, sadly not the Crows.
I dont think much needs to change. We haven't had stable structures all year. I do think the trust and the intuition about teamates intentions is not easily built and it cant be just arbitarily created. A review if everyting is appropriate as always but caution is also sensible.
We push on to the end this year, and then go into the off season hoping for a better run next year is my view. The risk, and it's huge, in overreacting is it starts a downward spiral when quick and radical fixes dont work.

This is the 4th or 5th big game weve played were for some reason{coaching tactic id imagine}that our game plan is tossed and players with clear possesion in the midfield kick sideways to the pocket.
Its not "our" normal game and has reared its head again.
I can only put this down to no pressure on the kicker so must be a pre-game plan.
Either way its not good and doesnt give the general and lobstar a chance to outmark.
This is the biggest question for me. I just don't understand why we move away from our normal plan that suits our players so well. It's like they aren't even trying.

Ball movement is woeful and has been for some time, coaching staff appear to have no answers. We get it at half back, look to chip it inboard, either we turn it over or get held up because its so predictable and every club now knows its gonna go there. Fwds have no hope but are getting made to look subpar because of what is happening further up the ground. We looked good for 10 mins when we flipped around the handballs and got some run but then the stagnant crap came back again. Lack of a wet weather game plan has been shown up again.
Their ball movement is what made me fall in love with the Giants. It hurts seeing them like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is the procedure in getting tickets for next week game at spotless WCE or Port
Club will email, if yoyu are a member you'll get a headstart to buy, online. If not you'll have to wait longer for public sale. Should be able to get tkts though. Dont know exact time. Afl website will clarify end if the weekend when the matchups are known is my guess

I didn't go and came straight to the ground in the end. I want to drink more to calm the nerves but if I do I'll be a bit of a mess. Stressful business finals. Hopefully someone who did can. Jaffa Fan ?
I was there, mostly parents of the players. Had a nice chat with the parents of Rory Lobb, Nick Haynes and Cog's mum. Brett Hand and Dylan Addison there too. Good way to start the day but West End is a terrible terrible beer.

I was there, mostly parents of the players. Had a nice chat with the parents of Rory Lobb, Nick Haynes and Cog's mum. Brett Hand and Dylan Addison there too. Good way to start the day but West End is a terrible terrible beer.
I grew up with no choice, indoctrinated that it was wonderful. From memory 2 pubs had Carlton Draught on tap out of about 50. Imagine my surprise when I moved to Sydney.

Just home from the Commercial in Parra. We had the biggest crowd ever and the biggest disappointment. Dropped a few comrades home. All disappointed.
No skills in the wet. Have they heard of Grippo? Lobb leading defenders to Patton and vice versa. Patton leading into the pocket. Actually everyone leading into the pockets. Patton kicked 3 in Canberra taking marks leading straight out from the goal square.
Indecision on inumerous players.
Wilson looking for a hand off leading Betts straight into Lobb in the bloody goal square.
Can our team just forfeit if it rains ffs?
I have to go to work tomorrow. The Giants had the night off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back