Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd call it the How to Do X in Photoshop/Illustrator thread.

Doesn't necessarily have to be weekly either.

Post 47 in the Mod Notice thread :thumbsu:

I like it - feel free to start it up when you'd like! I can move old questions from tutorial threads in there as well

I like it - feel free to start it up when you'd like! I can move old questions from tutorial threads in there as well
I haven't got anywhere near the skill in Photoshop or illustrator necessary to host it. Personally, I'd rather card off the idea to someone more capable.I will (if i may) make a thread looking for contributors. The more people willing to help, the better a resource it will be. When I myself have learnt illustrator I'll be happy to contribute.

I haven't got anywhere near the skill in Photoshop or illustrator necessary to host it. Personally, I'd rather card off the idea to someone more capable.I will (if i may) make a thread looking for contributors. The more people willing to help, the better a resource it will be. When I myself have learnt illustrator I'll be happy to contribute.
Why not have a thread each week, then once that week is over, it's moved to a mega thread and a new thread takes the single ones place. That way we have a mega thread (with link in the OP) and an active thread. You'd have to have a bid for a nominated week though, now that I think about it. Gibbsy

Also, don't limit it to sports. Graphic design is a wide area, there's a few tutorials I've found and completed that I like, this would be a great way to share those tips, tutorials and tricks we've found along the way

Why not have a thread each week, then once that week is over, it's moved to a mega thread and a new thread takes the single ones place. That way we have a mega thread (with link in the OP) and an active thread. You'd have to have a bid for a nominated week though, now that I think about it. Gibbsy

Also, don't limit it to sports. Graphic design is a wide area, there's a few tutorials I've found and completed that I like, this would be a great way to share those tips, tutorials and tricks we've found along the way
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/calling-all-photoshop-illustrator-maestros.1095459/

How do we do stitching in adobe illustrator?
What I do is make Brushes.
screenpc.jpg

Then you open up the Brushes Tab, usually with the Swatches.
Drag the group of shapes making up your stitch into the Brush Tab.
Select New Pattern Brush
Click OK
Draw a shape, and choose the new Brush you've made, it should make the stroke into the pattern.
Examples of the two I use are above.

If you'd like to use this, I have uploaded a file with 4 different types.
www.bomberblitz.com/mero/Stitching.ai

Copy it into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Presets\en_GB\Brushes
directory.
Then, when you want to use it in Illustrator, see that little box on the bottom row of the Brushes tab, click on that, and it will open up.
Once you use it on a jumper, it will save the brush into that file.
If any of them are too big, change your Stroke Weight down.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q is about shorts. Why don't Sydney ever wear white shorts?
Because they follow the AFL's uniform policy.
Teams have a Dark and a Light uniform.
When they wear their Dark uniform, and it doesn't clash with the Home team, the shorts that go with that are Red.
The question could also be why do teams wear White shorts with their Dark uniform jumpers?

Because they follow the AFL's uniform policy.
Teams have a Dark and a Light uniform.
When they wear their Dark uniform, and it doesn't clash with the Home team, the shorts that go with that are Red.
The question could also be why do teams wear White shorts with their Dark uniform jumpers?
When was the last time Freo wore their home jumper with white shorts?

I can't remember seeing it at all last season. They've always just alternated between home and clash. Works well for them.

Cheapest: illegally download (do not recommend)
Best: pay for CC

I wanna buy, but I don't want to pay this bullshit $10 a month crap. If there was one that I could buy straight up, I would haha.

I'm tossing up whether its worth buying through my uni email, then I get a discount.

On the flip side. I may use the other programs regularly. Idk.

What's the discount?

I wanna buy, but I don't want to pay this bullshit $10 a month crap. If there was one that I could buy straight up, I would haha.

What's the discount?
$49 monthly for the full thing
$14 if you're a student.

When was the last time Freo wore their home jumper with white shorts?

I can't remember seeing it at all last season. They've always just alternated between home and clash. Works well for them.

Freo choose to do it that way.

They were told for the 2013 GF they had to wear white shorts, and elected to wear the white guernsey as well. They want the solid colour look.

We, on the other hand, wear our black guernsey with white shorts where we can if there is no clash, away at teams like the Bulldogs, Crows (until now) etc.

Freo choose to do it that way.

They were told for the 2013 GF they had to wear white shorts, and elected to wear the white guernsey as well. They want the solid colour look.

We, on the other hand, wear our black guernsey with white shorts where we can if there is no clash, away at teams like the Bulldogs, Crows (until now) etc.
I like it. Solid colour looks way better.

I like it. Solid colour looks way better.

I agree for Freo, but I really like our black guernsey with white shorts as a look. Only when we're playing away and it's suitable

I know that's an odd opinion, given that i'm usually totally against the white shorts rule, but I think it works for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back