Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a look on AFL photos, just google it and the site comes up. I had a quick look. 97 had Adidas under the AFL Logo, and from then on it was adidas I think. The pics from 96 I'm not sure about. Their guernseys had the centenary badge that was only on the sublimated guernseys, the stitched on ones were slightly different. But the pics from 96 are hard to tell if their guernseys are still the woolen types ones, or the polyester. So it's possible that in 96 the crows wore Puma, but it's really too hard to know for sure unless you can get a hold of one.

From memory 23_fan has a crows centenary guernsey, he may be able to shed some light on the situation.

There's one on ebay at the moment

Yeah but I think he's asking whether the crows actually wore puma guernseys in a game, not just the retail versions that puma seemed to make for most clubs. Although I would assume if they made the retail versions, they would probably have made the players version as well. From 96 to 98 the Eagles retail guernseys had the little puma team tag on the bottom, but the player issues didn't, so it can be hard to tell if you don't know for sure.

Have a look on AFL photos, just google it and the site comes up. I had a quick look. 97 had Adidas under the AFL Logo, and from then on it was adidas I think. The pics from 96 I'm not sure about. Their guernseys had the centenary badge that was only on the sublimated guernseys, the stitched on ones were slightly different. But the pics from 96 are hard to tell if their guernseys are still the woolen types ones, or the polyester. So it's possible that in 96 the crows wore Puma, but it's really too hard to know for sure unless you can get a hold of one.

From memory 23_fan has a crows centenary guernsey, he may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Pretty much this.
They wore woollen Sekem up until the end of 1995. 1996 they wore polyester Puma jumpers with the Centenary badge in both preseason and home and away matches. 1997-1999 they were adidas, although I'm pretty sure these were Sekem Sportswool jumpers that were badged with adidas logos.

Pretty much this.
They wore woollen Sekem up until the end of 1995. 1996 they wore polyester Puma jumpers with the Centenary badge in both preseason and home and away matches. 1997-1999 they were adidas, although I'm pretty sure these were Sekem Sportswool jumpers that were badged with adidas logos.

So those sportswool jumpers still had sublimated logos??

I have a looooooong silly question to ask , but before I do , I wasn't sure whether to ask this in the Illustrator thread or this one , so I'll take a chance here. I have just got Illustrator CC and like most with something new it takes time to get used to using it , it certainly helps with all different tut's (both Adobe's and posters on here , thanks to you guys on here for that too). My question is to do with jumper templates , can any one download them and use them to create jumpers? If so can I , may I? , if so , thankyou. What I am looking for specifically is that if I can't end up making a template of my own ( I will try ) is that I have noticed on both Mero's FJ site and WizardWaffle's VFA page , 2 things I really like which I had an Idea for to do. I like Mero's model of the little man with the Football between his feet. Is there a blank template of that that can be downloaded somewhere , and with WizardWaffle's one I like the layout / background on which he has placed the different club badges etc. I am wanting to do a personal portfolio of 1870s - early 1900s uniforms but not so it "looks" just like it's copied. Everyone on here has their own style if you know what I mean. In a nutshell my idea is to have the uniform of a club on a background but the template (if I can do my own it would be great) , I am looking for would include a cap , jersey , knicks/shorts and hose/socks. I know I am delving back in the dark ages with this but it is something I really want to do. Sorry for the length of my post and to anyone whose eyes I may have irreversibly damaged in the process , apologies.

I have a looooooong silly question to ask , but before I do , I wasn't sure whether to ask this in the Illustrator thread or this one , so I'll take a chance here. I have just got Illustrator CC and like most with something new it takes time to get used to using it , it certainly helps with all different tut's (both Adobe's and posters on here , thanks to you guys on here for that too). My question is to do with jumper templates , can any one download them and use them to create jumpers? If so can I , may I? , if so , thankyou. What I am looking for specifically is that if I can't end up making a template of my own ( I will try ) is that I have noticed on both Mero's FJ site and WizardWaffle's VFA page , 2 things I really like which I had an Idea for to do. I like Mero's model of the little man with the Football between his feet. Is there a blank template of that that can be downloaded somewhere , and with WizardWaffle's one I like the layout / background on which he has placed the different club badges etc. I am wanting to do a personal portfolio of 1870s - early 1900s uniforms but not so it "looks" just like it's copied. Everyone on here has their own style if you know what I mean. In a nutshell my idea is to have the uniform of a club on a background but the template (if I can do my own it would be great) , I am looking for would include a cap , jersey , knicks/shorts and hose/socks. I know I am delving back in the dark ages with this but it is something I really want to do. Sorry for the length of my post and to anyone whose eyes I may have irreversibly damaged in the process , apologies.
Hey mate, glad you want to get started with designing. Illustrator is a fantastic program and I'm glad you're keen to get started on using it.
Of course it's more than fine for you to download any resource required in the Universal Template Thread, which is stickier on the main page of this board. It's there for everyone to use so take whatever you need.
Certainly check out the Illustrator tutorial thread and start playing around with the basic features of Illustrator. If you ever need to learn a facet of the program I'd suggest asking in the Illustrator tutorial thread, or if you're still stuck, search it up on YouTube and follow along. Whilst the tutorial is on an older template, it still serves the same purpose and is very easy to follow along with in terms of colouring items on the template, layer organisation, creating clipping masks etc.
Welcome on board, if you need to know anything at all do not hesitate to ask. :)

Thanks GG , NM_Mitchell , this is a real , real rough paint version of what I was hoping to eventually accomplish on Illustrator where I can fancy it all up including adding lace up to the jersey and get the cap and socks right.
29kyhah.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Dylan8 and Mero , very appreciative , I'm going through Illustrators tutorials now on Adobe and I know once I get the hang of it because it really does seem like a pretty cool program to use. BTW Mero on your FJ website , under Richmond jumpers , you have done the 2005 heritage one and it has the laces (which look cool) , would you mind if I took a copy to work with of that jumper and is it ok to use the standing template to mess around with please , thank you. Stuart.

I'm not sure that's even an official thing, seems to exist only in that one Costa image floating around

It is official, much as the flat Gold Coast Suns logo is official. There are low res versions on that 2015 AFL Logo Guidelines PDF that was posted a couple of days ago.

Apologies if this has already been asked: Does anyone know if Geelong is going to lose Ford as a sponsor following closure of production facilities in Geelong?

This article http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cats-optimistic-about-ongoing-partnership-with-ford-20130523-2k3ca.html from 2013 says it will run until 2016, which is next season. Is there any newer info out there?
I don't think they will, It isn't like Ford is leaving the country all together.

If anything, they may go the Mazda route and advertise a specific car on Geelongs jumper.

May've been answered previously but why did Collingwood decide that black with white was their jumper and not the traditional mostly white with black stripes?
2001 was the first year they use the black with white as their home.
http://footyjumpers.com/
near complete history of every teams guernseys by years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back