General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, flying interstate to catch the epic Essendon vs Carlton match on R3 and want to buy tix asap.. now just wondering, what end will our cheersquad be at? Would loathe to have to sit next to the scum squad, bad enough being swamped by eagles/freo fans everytime Bombers play at Subi so would be nice to be amongst a sea of red and black for a change!

Did a bit of research but the MCG site is still "TBA" but I am guessing since its our home ground game we will get the Great Southern Stand (~M3) side?

Cheers, appreciate any responses.
Im betting this question has been asked before!

Trying to make a video of AFL hard hits etc

Have been trying to find footage of an incident from a couple years back when we played Carlton and Slattery took a running knee to the face from Fevola in a marking contest knocking him out.

I just can't seem to find it

Is Friday nights game one where you can just buy a general admission ticket and sit anywhere on level 3 past row f?

I think it is fully ticketed, there will be no GA as far as I know.

Hey guys, I'm over from Adelaide to see the game Friday night and wanting to go to the open training session tomorrow. What's the best way to get there from the city? Thanks :)

no idea where to write this but i have to get it off my chest/

the tania hird interview was obviously not the best timing and a distraction essendon didnt need. but how does that turn into the media saying james hird is about to get the sack ?? i find it redik

also listening to the radio hearing these so called experts say even essendon fans are turning on hird and its time to part ways. this makes me angry because one i dont think hird will get sacked and also i am behinf hird 100% im not turning on hird or want him gone.

again this is a media beat up and the only reason its talked about is because the media keep bloody going on and on. seriously.

thats it i feel better now. cheers

no idea where to write this but i have to get it off my chest/

the tania hird interview was obviously not the best timing and a distraction essendon didnt need. but how does that turn into the media saying james hird is about to get the sack ?? i find it redik

also listening to the radio hearing these so called experts say even essendon fans are turning on hird and its time to part ways. this makes me angry because one i dont think hird will get sacked and also i am behinf hird 100% im not turning on hird or want him gone.

again this is a media beat up and the only reason its talked about is because the media keep bloody going on and on. seriously.

thats it i feel better now. cheers
Pretty much.

Media's gonna media

Did anyone get the Herald Sun today?

Saw on the back page a headline "AFL's Anzac Day 2015 puzzle", assumed it was about scheduling. Went to read it online but can't find anything about it.

Anyone actually buy the paper and know what it was about? First time I've gone to read an article and not found it online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got an email this week about a Pre-Match Function for QLD supporters on the 9th of May, the night before our match at the Gabba. Wondering if anyone has gone to these and if it's well worth it? It mentions there'll be a few players and coaches, and canapés and drinks, but can anyone who's been to these sorts of things tell me what they're like? Thanks

Why don't we ever have ins and outs changes threads anymore? I used to like going in and seeing just people's suggested changes, so matter how silly or hysterical they were. Worked very so long as they were after both AFL and VFL games.

Why don't we ever have ins and outs changes threads anymore? I used to like going in and seeing just people's suggested changes, so matter how silly or hysterical they were. Worked very so long as they were after both AFL and VFL games.
No one is stopping you from making such a thread.

Can anyone tell me how to find the write up of the Ess v Coll VFL game from Sat 26 Apr 14.
I thought it was going to be that the thread was kept on the main board initially (maybe until end of day of the game) and then get transferred to the VFL board.
I can't find it in either.
Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone tell me how to find the write up of the Ess v Coll VFL game from Sat 26 Apr 14.
I thought it was going to be that the thread was kept on the main board initially (maybe until end of day of the game) and then get transferred to the VFL board.
I can't find it in either.
Am I doing something wrong?
No, I'm about to transfer it over to the VFL sub-board now. We generally leave it on the main part of the forum for a day or so after the game.

Couldn't find a DT/SC thread.

for a free agent pickup in a AFL DT Keepers league, who would you pick out of Gleeson and Zac merrett? Neither needed for a starting spot ATM...so biggest upside DT score wise in the not too distance future

Couldn't find a DT/SC thread.

for a free agent pickup in a AFL DT Keepers league, who would you pick out of Gleeson and Zac merrett? Neither needed for a starting spot ATM...so biggest upside DT score wise in the not too distance future
There is one- just search back a few pages.

Just got an email this week about a Pre-Match Function for QLD supporters on the 9th of May, the night before our match at the Gabba. Wondering if anyone has gone to these and if it's well worth it? It mentions there'll be a few players and coaches, and canapés and drinks, but can anyone who's been to these sorts of things tell me what they're like? Thanks

What is the go with tickets for next week's match? Can we just rock up or do we need to pre-book? I would also be keen to meet up with any Brisbane Bomber fans or Melbourne fans flying up before the match for a drink.

Did you book? I doubt there will be more than about 22k.

Sorry for late reply. Been on the road for the game the last couple of days. We just rocked up. We got seats in a largely Essendon section so it was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back