General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but today guys like Hurley, TBell, Myersy aren't on Twitter. I seem to remember they used to be? Or maybe I'm just getting it confused with Instagram?

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but today guys like Hurley, TBell, Myersy aren't on Twitter. I seem to remember they used to be? Or maybe I'm just getting it confused with Instagram?

Heppell still has a strong social media presence. His coping mechanism might be different to others though, he might like the interaction with his followers at this time.

Hahah yeah well I don't remember all of them, just some that I've seen post regularly. I don't know what Bellchambers' handle was.

Hahah yeah well I don't remember all of them, just some that I've seen post regularly. I don't know what Bellchambers' handle was.

EFCs twitter account has a list for the players, which has 34 people on it. I seem to recall that last time I looked, it also had 34 people on it, however Crowley, Kelly, Simpkin are on there now, and the last time I looked was probably the end of last year. I also recall TBC being on twitter, but I'm not sure about the other two. If you're really curious, you can trawl back through Essendon's posts and see if they were tagged in any of them.

Hi, I was just wondering the easiest way to get from the city (say Southern Cross or Flinders) to Essendon's training base at Tullamarine. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can also catch the 59 tram in Elizabeth Street all the way to Airport West, if you'd rather do it than muck around with changing from train to tram at Essendon.

So I'd get off at Airport West? How close is that to Essendon's training base? Sorry about the silly questions, I don't know Melbourne very well.

So I'd get off at Airport West? How close is that to Essendon's training base? Sorry about the silly questions, I don't know Melbourne very well.
Yeah, go to the very end of the line at Airport West. Then you need to catch the 477/478 bus. It's not exactly a frequent bus, though, so make sure you look up the timetable before you go.

It's about 3-4km from the end of the tram terminus to the training base, I'd say. Walk-able? Yes, but a bit far unless you really feel like it.

Anyone know what the situation would be ticket wise for the NAB game against Carlton at Princes Park?

I'm seriously considering going. My first pre-season game ever, if I go.

Anyone know what the situation would be ticket wise for the NAB game against Carlton at Princes Park?

I'm seriously considering going. My first pre-season game ever, if I go.
I know AFL members get in free.

Yeah the email says:

The 2016 NAB Challenge is back and coming to a town near you. Don’t miss your opportunity to see your favourite players and recruits closer than ever, plus kick-to-kick and player signings after selected matches!

FREE ACCESS FOR MEMBERS*
AFL and Club Members with match access entitlements can scan their membership card for free entry into NAB Challenge matches or upgrade their membership to a reserved seat (subject to availability) or register for a ticket in order to guarantee their entry.*

AFL Member and Club Member Pre-Sale starts 9am (local time) February 2*

*Access to NAB Challenge matches is subject to availability and is not guaranteed. The AFL recommends that all members guarantee their entry by using their membership card to upgrade to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket. Membership upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply.

It also has the details of the three NAB games in graphics (not text, so I can't quote it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back