General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

if i have a membership card which i would use for tomorrow's presale, can i also buy tickets for mates during the same transaction? Or do i need to wait till thursday?

If they don't have a membership card you got to wait till Thursday and they pay the higher price anyway.

Guess I was wrong then. But the higher price thing without a membership card still stands. Wih my flexi membership a GA Upgrade to reserve seat is $15, for non members it would be $28. Hope that helps.

Hey guys, sorry for the newbie question -

So I've resigned as a member after years of being AWOL. I purchased a bronze membership which has given me a seat to home games at Etihad & MCG.

Am I right in assuming so, for all home games, all I need to do is get my membership card scanned at the gate? So for the Melbourne game, I just take my membership card, get it scanned and sit in the seat allocated to me? Voila? That easy?

And for away games, I just need to put my barcode number in and upgrade to a reserved seat for a small fee?

Thanks in advance!

**VENT WARNING**
So yet again it doesn't pay to be an essendon supporter interstate! I've gone from being a beyond the boundary member previously to a national member last year.

Then last year the one game played at the gold coast that I had access locally, I had no way to purchase additional tickets for the people I wanted to go with... benefit lost...this year, no games in QLD so we get access to an extra home game at the MCG (if its not ticketed) (very unlikely to be used) & the one thing that I would actually like and figured I would of had, is access to purchase tickets for anzac a day before general admission goes on sale with other members, and I can't do it. I'm yet again I'm stuck waiting for general admission!

I don't care about discounts I'd just like a day up on general admission to get my tickets secured to probably the only game I'll get to in a year! Seems like a reasonable ask to me....at the moment I'm just having trouble seeing value in being a national member with the included options! I got more kit with the beyond the boundary membership for less cash...

And now I look to discover that if I held an 11 game flexi membership instead I would get access tomorrow, all the same inclusions (especially since there is no QLD games) and its a whole $10 more than what I'm paying now, more than worthwhile if it means I can buy myself and father a ticket today! Guess I'll be making some calls in the morning.

Guess I was wrong then. But the higher price thing without a membership card still stands. Wih my flexi membership a GA Upgrade to reserve seat is $15, for non members it would be $28. Hope that helps.
yeah i figured my mates would get the pointy end of the deal, but oh well :p

Oh FFS it's saying my membership is not valid?

Suggestions?

So, I went into the city early to ticketek to get my Anzac Day game tickets. I was 3rd in line with my flexi 11 home membership with concession ready. I asked for the best seats, then I asked for them to look for seats on level 1. No good!

Best seats were Level 4 Q5!! This was at 9:01am today!

Lets go back to last week ok? Essendon vs melbourne tickets wenton sale wednesday last week. I go in on last friday 92 days later) and got front row (row a) near the point post.

Yes I know the Anzac day game is much better but from 1 extreme to the other is just not good enough. Yes I am going I am happy about that but sitting with GOD in heaven to watch the match i am annoyed at.

Anyone else get these bad seats?

I've tweeted ticketek, essendon football club and the membership department, doubt I'll get any sort of reply. Sure I can be happy about going to my 1st anzac day game but the seats are a joke.

Rant over

So I've resigned as a member after years of being AWOL. I purchased a bronze membership which has given me a seat to home games at Etihad & MCG.

Am I right in assuming so, for all home games, all I need to do is get my membership card scanned at the gate? So for the Melbourne game, I just take my membership card, get it scanned and sit in the seat allocated to me? Voila? That easy?

And for away games, I just need to put my barcode number in and upgrade to a reserved seat for a small fee?

Thanks in advance!

sounds right but who knows these days, best ring up the membership department for a quick response.

Thanks in advance!

Oh FFS it's saying my membership is not valid?

Suggestions?

If you have a bronze membership with reserved seating then your tickets have already been allocated, hence your membership not being valid to purchase tickets to this game. (Assuming this is for ANZAC Day or other home games)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still not getting my head around what I can and can't do with my flexi 11 game membership. I want to sit in GA at the Essendon v Melbourne game on Saturday night, do I have to buy a GA ticket or will the barcode on my membership get me in?

I'm still not getting my head around what I can and can't do with my flexi 11 game membership. I want to sit in GA at the Essendon v Melbourne game on Saturday night, do I have to buy a GA ticket or will the barcode on my membership get me in?

From the website:

http://membership.essendonfc.com.au/packages/view/116

Benefits

• Barcode to access member discount when purchasing a reserved seat to any of the 11 Essendon home games at Etihad Stadium or the MCG (includes ANZAC Day)
  • Access to a Grand Final member ticket ballot when Essendon is participating
  • Access to member presale for weeks 1-3 Finals games when Essendon is participating
  • Annual subscription (Apr & Dec) to Bomber Magazine (one per household)
  • Full voting rights (18 years and over)
  • 2013 membership pack mailed directly to you (Adult pack shown, hover mouse over to view Squadron pack)
  • Access to purchase member-only merchandise
  • Free entry to Essendon VFL home games at Windy Hill (upon presentation of membership card)
Bolded is the bit pertinent to your question. Basically, Flexi doesn't give you automatic entry to any game, at either the MCG or Etihad- it gives you access to member discount prices only.

Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered already.

I'm trying to work out if I'm actually going to be able to go to a home game at Etihad with my flexi membership this season.
With almost the whole top level looking like it's for reserved seat members, what is the go here?

I'm supposed to use my membership for a discounted reserved seat but will this be possible, even against Gold Coast, GWS, Port etc?

At the moment it seems like all I can access is reserved seating at the MCG level 1 behind the goals....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back