Preview R15: Changes v Essendon: Lumumba, JKH, AVB, Harmes (debut) in for Spencer, Bail, Jones, Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't play two ruckmen. I know it worked against Geelong but we needed a big man to replace Hogan. Rather have Dawes ruck for 15 minutes of the game than have Spencer play 90 minutes as a forward. Or play Fitzpatrick as the backup ruckman if there is a primary match up for him.

Can't play two ruckmen. I know it worked against Geelong but we needed a big man to replace Hogan. Rather have Dawes ruck for 15 minutes of the game than have Spencer play 90 minutes as a forward. Or play Fitzpatrick as the backup ruckman if there is a primary match up for him.

This. Two ruckmen simply doesn't work consistently with the sub rule in place.

Not sure on changes yet, I'll wait to hear the report on Gus but I'm half confident/half shitting my pants about this week, Essendon are crabs but they are due a good game eventually and we are coming back from Darwin. I think our best footy is better than theirs now and we have shown it more consistently. Just hoping they beat the Saints tomorrow, as weird as that sounds I'll be more confident with them coming off a win than a loss.

Given that some players are gonna be knackered from the Darwin game, I'm up for multiple changes. That said, these three strike me as the most obvious. Spencer is unlucky but I don't think 2 ruckmen works. Howe must be on thin ice, and surely Jamar or Hames are due for games soon.

OUT
Matt Jones
Rohan Bail
Spence (strategic reasons)

IN
Jay Kennedy-Harris
Ben Newton
Heritier Lumumba

Can't play Jones, Bail or Spencer and I'd be inclined not to play Howe.

Await the updates on Brayshaw, Lumumba and Grimes. If everyone possible fit:

FB: Garland Dunn Jetta
HB: Lumumba Fitzy Cross
C: Toumpas Jones Watts
HF: Tyson Dawes Brayshaw
FF: Garlett Hogan McDonald
Foll: Gawn Viney Vince
Int: Stretch ANB JKH Grimes
E: Harmes, Newton, Riley

Out: Spencer, Bail, M Jones, Howe
In: Fitzy, Lumumba, JKH, Grimes

If we get some experience back in the backline I'd play Tom McDonald as a forward/2nd ruck. His work rate would allow Hogan to play closer to goal and he could do the job in the ruck against an Essendon back up ruck. In fact a run in the ruck would probably be perfect for him just to get him using his endurance and hopefully some confidence back.

This. Two ruckmen simply doesn't work consistently with the sub rule in place.

Not sure on changes yet, I'll wait to hear the report on Gus but I'm half confident/half shitting my pants about this week, Essendon are crabs but they are due a good game eventually and we are coming back from Darwin. I think our best footy is better than theirs now and we have shown it more consistently. Just hoping they beat the Saints tomorrow, as weird as that sounds I'll be more confident with them coming off a win than a loss.
Not so sure about the second part. Essendon are the kind of team that could get on a roll if they got a bit of confidence; much like Richmond. I hope St Kilda belts them, keep them rattled. If Essendon lose today and to us next week that would just about be Hird's papers stamped.

JKH played 5 poor games in a row early in this season. Over 80% game time in all of them, yet managed just one goal, and averaged maybe 10 touches and under 2 tackles a game. So much for forward pressure. Presumably jay would have been dropped if not injured. Truthfully he hasn't played a decent game at afl level in over a year. The port Adelaide game in Rd 7 or 8 2014 he was excellent.

Seriously over-rated on this board. He needs to stay in the contest more rather than falling into the trap of abandoning his teammates and ducking out the back of packs.

Best player by some way at Casey yesterday was harmes. He might just have a chance of coming in this week. Confident he would add more than JKH.

JKH, Lumumba, Harmes, Fitz in.
Spencer, MJones, Bail, Howe out.
I would like to see this tried.

Howe should go out. Has to be accountable. Also, with his contract status there is now limited time for him to pull it together and demonstrate consistent performance. To my mind, boot him for a week and see whether he comes back looking like he wants to concentrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't play Jones, Bail or Spencer and I'd be inclined not to play Howe.

Await the updates on Brayshaw, Lumumba and Grimes. If everyone possible fit:

FB: Garland Dunn Jetta
HB: Lumumba Fitzy Cross
C: Toumpas Jones Watts
HF: Tyson Dawes Brayshaw
FF: Garlett Hogan McDonald
Foll: Gawn Viney Vince
Int: Stretch ANB JKH Grimes
E: Harmes, Newton, Riley

Out: Spencer, Bail, M Jones, Howe
In: Fitzy, Lumumba, JKH, Grimes

If we get some experience back in the backline I'd play Tom McDonald as a forward/2nd ruck. His work rate would allow Hogan to play closer to goal and he could do the job in the ruck against an Essendon back up ruck. In fact a run in the ruck would probably be perfect for him just to get him using his endurance and hopefully some confidence back.
Even play him loose in defence, be third man to every marking contest and get his confidence back.

MJones is a spud, Bail is a spud and Toumpas is a spud. We wont win many games whilst those three are still in the team...

I'd rather play Hunt ahead of M Jones or Bail at the moment. Rather him have a go at one game rather than gift one to them two again

At the start of the season I said I'd support the underdog in this game.

At the time I was 95% certain that'd mean Melbourne...
Just don't bring your VFL players back and you might be righ.... Um I mean...

LOL IF THE LINE IS ANYTHING UNDER 80 POINTS FOR THE BOMBERS IT'S FREE MONEY! Right guys?

"Just get it over and done with - lube is optional!"

363824-192c89fe-22dd-11e5-aef4-112667ea6918.jpg

* I'm nervous/ excited for this game. The Essendon game is the biggest one on the fixture for me due to knowing a shitload of your typical one eyed Dons supporters and we go as a big group each year. I hate these campaigners more than anyone by so far its not funny- if we can't get up this week I won't just be ******* off to the snow for the rest of the season, I'll be permanently relocating to an igloo in Antarctica.
Out: Bail (forever), M. Jones (was good against Geelong, and not as terrible as some think against WC; but he's just not up to it. Spencer (We were far too tall last night, and Gawn should be able to take care of McKernan by himself.

The Toump gets another week, mainly due to not having a suitable replacement- but if he were to get the chop Id be fine with that, this game is too important to me to have him with a case of the fumbles. If he is to be dropped bring Newton in.

Howe gets one more chance too, otherwise; roll in the Fitz.

In: JKH, La Bam Bam, Harmes.

I'm that pumped for this game, I may walk into work tomorrow and shirt front my Essendon supporting boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back