Review R18: Port v St Kilda review

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised how down people are on the game, tbh. Maybe seen as too little, too late? Our most comprehensive performance of the season, and a result of a good effort across the board, rather than relying on a handful of players dragging us over the line. Ball movement was proactive and decisive in most cases, feel that we overreact to skill errors and on the replay the performance will be appreciated.

The midfield was on, and Youngy really helped out the big guns in there. That tap down his throat by Lobbe just before half time (?) was champagne football. Also liked Hammer's role as a quality user in the back half. If he does this a few weeks in the row he'll become a big target by opposing defensive forwards.

And how about getting home at 4pm after a Sunday game! Unheard of! I don't know what to do with myself. Might pop down to the shop! #errydayrewards

Yes it was disgraceful

I thought it was the players giving it the effort it deserved. Save belting it out for beating the Bulldogs away next week. This game went as it should, nothing more.

Moore needs to stay in the first 21 for the rest of the season.

What a different player when he believes in himself.

While he hasn't exactly 'shutdown' any of his opposition role he has kept them below their averages. First time in years that I've seen something that we could work with from Moore.

vJbOD3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win I thought , heaps of decent tackles and a host of blokes played their best for a while. The especially early took some good grabs , Neady added that extra spark , as others have mentioned Hombsch , Clurrey,Boak , Paddy , Wingard and a host of others played well , a real team effort few critisims though , Ebert , especially early , trade bait imo , The Hoon , geez early on couldn't bare to watch him and Pittard , sometimes his taking them on efforts are just silly and often costly the other stuff he does doesn't make up for it .We as a team gotta keep raising the bar every week if we are even to have a sniff , dropping TJ and Gus raised that bar ever so slightly , should have been done ages ago , but then enough people have already said that.

After today's game, if anyone isn't on the 'Get Sam Day' Train/Wagon, you're delusional. We needed a Big, Athletic Forward to demand the Pill down the line, September football is won in Rubbish conditions.
Sorry I'm too busy on the throw the kitchen sink at Charlie Dixon wagon....... Just don't touch this year's first pick because we need another gun mid.

Some players need 6 full games in a row to see if they should stay on the list or not - Sam Gray, Moore, Young, O'Shea and the Hoon.
Sorry mate but there's no way Hoon needs to prove himself in the next 5 games to stay on the list. First year after a knee reco and he's shown some good signs so far

One of Moore's best ever games today. Very happy with his contribution.

Neade and Pittards run was great too.

Robbie Gray and Wingard clearly our best.

Hartlett and Westhoff also good.

That game shows what we can do when we have 90% of the team contributing rather than 50% of the team.

Andrew Moore played pretty well. Will be hard to drop. Well done.

Easily his best game for the club. Loved his shepherd that set up Neade's first goal. Not enough players in our team have that mindset.

Play of the day: b0ydman sending a text via Big Footy...

Actually that reminds me. Another thing Alex, your old lady Gave me a massive spray yesterday about the tissues under the drivers seat and the poor car cleaners and disinfectant and some potential infection blah blah

I took one for you yesterday sunshine. And she didn't hold back either. Ok.?

If You want to drive my car either clean up after yourself or get a sock like all of your little space cadet friends here on bigfooty.

We clear?

Last edited:
Moore's link up work around the ground was much better today. Getting some easy uncontested ball on the lead around the ground is key if he wants to consistently get 20+ touches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back