R8: Port v Richmond review

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had it confirmed by another person who saw the altercation, but he told me it wasn't during the game, it was after the siren.
His words were `not a good look. '

People can talk all they want about how we miss Walsh, but it's Alan Richardson who we really miss the most. He and Ken had a great working relationship and he provided a steady, guiding hand in the box.

And if our coaches are having public spats with each other, however minor they might appear to be, that's a really bad sign. I'm all for robust discussion behind closed doors but when it spills out like that there's clearly issues. Never happened until Michael Voss came along. Just saying.

And if our coaches are having public spats with each other, however minor they might appear to be, that's a really bad sign. I'm all for robust discussion behind closed doors but when it spills out like that there's clearly issues. Never happened until Michael Voss came along. Just saying.

Hopefully it's no more serious than a couple of alpha males having a disagreement, but even if that was the case that stuff is better kept in house.

Hopefully it's no more serious than a couple of alpha males having a disagreement, but even if that was the case that stuff is better kept in house.

I've no doubt it goes on behind closed doors in every coaching group in the AFL. But when it happens so publicly it definitely has a sense of things turning to s**t.

Hartlett is the player im most disappointed with so far, has barely influenced in all the games he has played thus far.

Our forward line structure is non-existing, surely with three tall forwards we should be setting up for them to contest marks not the likes of monfires/s.gray which continues to happen!
His kicking in the back half is 50-50 to go to the opposition with a shank at the moment, and he lacks precision and penetration kicking into forward 50

It's unacceptable behaviour and a very worrying sign.

People can talk all they want about how we miss Walsh, but it's Alan Richardson who we really miss the most. He and Ken had a great working relationship and he provided a steady, guiding hand in the box.

Richardson was a huge loss.

Walsh was a huge loss.

Credit to Ricciuto, his primary goal when taking an official position at the Crows wasn't necessarily
to tip the Sanderson regime, it was to arrest their decline relative to our ascension to not just contender status for the flag, but for hegemony in South Australia.

From the off he targeted the ideal candidate to destabilise our football operations and make off with a substantial amount of our IP to boot. And once what seemed like a pie in the sky proposition - hiring Phil "shuns the limelight/never even felt like being a senior coach in passing" Walsh - became a reality, we've been treading water ever since.

Sure we've had a bunch of things go wrong - ASADA, Polec, Wines, Lobbe, Hartlett, Trengove, Wingard, Boak injuries - but to cop the unexpected blow of losing Ken's 2IC so late in the piece for a second consecutive year has clearly shaken up what had been a hitherto flawless plan.

Voß may be a perfectly capable 2IC going forward, but Alan Richardson/Phil Walsh he is not.

Trengove has really dropped off the face of the earth this year. Last year when he played well we won,the times he missed games we lost. At the moement everyone looks lost. This has been more disappointing this year because of the way we played last year. Very depressing

I don't expect Ken to get every selection decision right but Gray's selection was baffling. The other standout was Jarrad Redden's selection early in the season. He just wasn't ready to play AFL footy.

I thought Ken would just tinker with last year's game plan. It needed to change with Paddy's arrival. At the start of the year it looked we were trying to replicate Hawthorn's style with a controlled short-passing game. That didn't last long. Now it resembles something from the Primus play book with constant indirect entries in the forward line.

It raises questions about his judgement.

I thought Ken would just tinker with last year's game plan. It needed to change with Paddy's arrival. At the start of the year it looked we were trying to replicate Hawthorn's style with a controlled short-passing game. That didn't last long.

It actually looked pretty decent in round 1 against Freo to be honest, and almost got us the points. Totally went to s**t a week later against Sydney.

Just watched the replay....There are 3 players who could not possibly play this week..Sammy was out of his depth and spent most of the time on the ground..He should go away and just watch Ballantyne tapes and come back...White was completely non effectual.As i have said before he is a good sub and nothing else..His stats for a forward mid are not acceptable Krak..dont really know what to make of Krak..sags of he back to get a lot of his touches and delivers the ball quickly doesn't take any ground at all...his body language is terrible and his fitness is obviously lacking

It actually looked pretty decent in round 1 against Freo to be honest, and almost got us the points. Totally went to s**t a week later against Sydney.
Yup swans exposed us.....

We dominated large portions of that game yet couldnt score....this seems to be the tale of our season....

We can dominate large portions of games but we just cant score....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay....There are 3 players who could not possibly play this week..Sammy was out of his depth and spent most of the time on the ground..He should go away and just watch Ballantyne tapes and come back...White was completely non effectual.As i have said before he is a good sub and nothing else..His stats for a forward mid are not acceptable Krak..dont really know what to make of Krak..sags of he back to get a lot of his touches and delivers the ball quickly doesn't take any ground at all...his body language is terrible and his fitness is obviously lacking
Unfair on krak.....

His body language is that of disgust in his team mates....i dont blame him as he busts his arse to defend get the ball moving forward only to have it come straight back over his head...

His fitness will get better with time.

Anyone know anything about the story about a fan ejected from AO on Sunday? All I have found are some tweets in the Crows discussion forum and that's not much help. The only story on adelaidenow just says a fan was ejected and police are investigating. No mention of which team or why. Some tweets say it was racial and a Port fan was ejected but that's from the cows board and at this stage I wouldn't believe anything unsubstantiated from there.

Anyone know anything about the story about a fan ejected from AO on Sunday? All I have found are some tweets in the Crows discussion forum and that's not much help. The only story on adelaidenow just says a fan was ejected and police are investigating. No mention of which team or why. Some tweets say it was racial and a Port fan was ejected but that's from the cows board and at this stage I wouldn't believe anything unsubstantiated from there.
People get ejected from stadiums all the time? What's the big deal?

I just kept waiting for us to click, for it to get better and it never did. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now. I keep thinking this is so unPortlike any minute they will start playing but they don't. I can't do the 2011/2012 years again. Please Port don't let me go through that darkness again.

Why is it when we lose we look so goddamn awful. Some teams look vanilla losing. Not us we look putrid.

I am tipping Melbourne next week. I can't keep being hopeful it is breaking me slowly

I think what upsets me most, is that fact we lost to a team featuring someone named "Kamdym".

Kamdyn.

Let that sink in for a moment. That's a legit given name.

Kamdyn.

Bloody hells ports.

No, my son is also named Kamdyn.

This is the hardest game to review in the last 10 years. It doesnt matter what you talk about it, it all comes back to one thing - rubbish kicking. 54% kicking efficiency is disgraceful. You cant talk about match ups, or centre clearance strategies or tactics of how we moved the ball, because of all the rubbish kicking has an overarching impact which effects every sensible piecemeal analysis of our game.

This is the hardest game to review in the last 10 years. It doesnt matter what you talk about it, it all comes back to one thing - rubbish kicking. 54% kicking efficiency is disgraceful. You cant talk about match ups, or centre clearance strategies or tactics of how we moved the ball, because of all the rubbish kicking has an overarching impact which effects every sensible piecemeal analysis of our game.
Hartlett at 25% is unforgivable.....

He really does get away with a lot on this board....

When we roast the butchers jaspers mitchells...hamish gets off pretty lightly

you know what they say about round 1...

we wouldnt get away with that rubbish against freo now. while r1 was a good game intensity and pressure wise, our ridiculous chippy game plan would see a more match hardened freo slam 8 goals on the board before we would know what hit us. it will get ugly if we try that nonsense next time we meet them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back